ADVERTISEMENT

Lamar

He didn't play all that well either. 2 interceptions (1 not his fault) and a fumble against a horrible football team should eliminate him completely from any type of Heisman repeat hype.

He didn't play all that well either. 2 interceptions (1 not his fault) and a fumble against a horrible football team should eliminate him completely from any type of Heisman repeat hype.
Sad, but 100% true.

Yeah no heisman this year, but I honestly would rather us go 11-1. There is still hope for the ACC championship if Clemson loses an inexplicable one and then to FSU.

One of the favorites: TOP THREE

Rudolph's team went down today...
I love LJ - he’s a close 2nd to Teddy for my favorite ever but, he’s not close to not getting an invite to NY. Everyone likes a new story more than a rerun regardless of the quality. Nature of the beast.

I love LJ - he’s a close 2nd to Teddy for my favorite ever but, he’s not close to not getting an invite to NY. Everyone likes a new story more than a rerun regardless of the quality. Nature of the beast.
I disagree. I'm not that high on our guys' performance the last 2 weeks but I do believe Lamar is going to at least be in the Heisman room in December.

All the media darlings are already taking lumps. Going to nod off thinking of LJ playing behind the Cards 2006 offensive line. :rolleyes:

Barring disaster, Lamar will be in NYC. And Vegas doesn't play favorites. They're taking bets on these guys based on the public putting down serious money on each one.

It's a long year, and U of L is trending to post more offense than we did last season...

The two leaders for the HT right now are Saquon Barkley (Penn St) and Baker Mayfield (Oklahoma). LJ may be in the room but he (I think) will have to be even more spectacular down the stretch to win the HT again this year. He will also need some help. LJ really helped his case last year by how he and the Cards beat up on FSU and how he/they competed at Clemson.

I think when you couple some of the "buyer's remorse" from how LJ and the Cards ended last season, the Clemson game this year and the fact that people love a new story... it's going to be tough.

I actually think LJ not being mentioned in the discussion for the HT could be a good thing for this team going forward. JMO.

Lamar has plenty of work to do, but he has eight games left at least. Unlike last year, he will have to finish strong. No limping to the finish.

But he's in the discussion which is all you can hope for. That's probably better than the season started...

Reactions: Louisvillian
The key factor is will this team as a whole improve as the year more forward? If it continues to improve, won't know until NC State, then he will be there if not he won't. He is still the best player but he needs help.

Lamar will definitely be in the room for the Heisman but he has work to do to repeat but he has a chance. There is a lot of football left and things are going to be really different for all the teams the next 4 games. Everybody does the same thing every year they think they know who the 4 best teams are and who the best player is after the 1st 4 games and it always changes by the 8th game.

Right now the favorites are Mayfield, Darnold, Jackson, Rudolph and Barkley. Rudolph took a hit this past weekend but the real issue now is that with FSU sucking, we don't have many premier games left on our schedule. I think last year changed the voters opinions into giving more weight to important games even if they are losses. All those players are on teams with big games coming up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT