ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky AD next to lead D1 hoops committee

I dont see how they could get an easier bracket than they have had for the last two years and they choked.
It’s a game of luck.

In 2014 I’d say we had maybe the hardest draw of games combined with a key injury and still turned that into a memorable run. 2012 wasn’t too hard not too easy. Despite a hard draw of Indiana in the Sweet 16, every other draw was pretty manageable...even an underwhelming Kansas team in the title game. But then again, we were that much better than everyone that year. Would’ve loved to see a healthy UNC in a rematch, but history is history now.

Last year? Who would’ve though Auburn would run Kansas & UNC out of the gym, take us to overtime, and have Virginia pretty darn well beat in the closing seconds.

Well one thing this guarantees is that he won’t have Louisville and sUcK in the same bracket. They will get an easy road and we will probably get the hardest bracket. The only thing we can hope for is sUcK has a not so great year and they can cheat their way to a #1 seed.

Reactions: gocds and Deeva
Hate to have to correct you. But it will be national title #9.

Well I’ll accept that so long as you are willing to accept that UofL has four. Three NCAA and the ‘56 NIT (which at the time was bigger than the NCAA). Is that ok with you? Otherwise just keep your uahkay yap on your own boards where we aren’t welcome. And when in the history of the NCAA has UofL ever, EVER had this kind of advantage? Short answer - NEVER.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Well I’ll accept that so long as you are willing to accept that UofL has four. Three NCAA and the ‘56 NIT (which at the time was bigger than the NCAA). Is that ok with you? Otherwise just keep your uahkay yap on your own boards where we aren’t welcome. And when in the history of the NCAA has UofL ever, EVER had this kind of advantage? Short answer - NEVER.

I’d count our 1948 NAIA National Title as well. It was the legit tournament for smaller schools back in the day.

Last edited:
With Mitch Barnhart as head of the selection committee. The days of UK & UofL being placed in the same region on selection Sunday are over. As a UK fan that's a good thing. And I would have to think that UofL fans would feel the same. I get nervous enough playing you guys (UofL) one time a year as it is.

With Mitch Barnhart as head of the selection committee. The days of UK & UofL being placed in the same region on selection Sunday are over. As a UK fan that's a good thing. And I would have to think that UofL fans would feel the same. I get nervous enough playing you guys (UofL) one time a year as it is.
Being selected as chair of the NCAA MBB committee is more of a recognition by your peers than it is an advantage for your school. Mitch will leave the room when UK comes up for seeding. Mitch would be the last guy in the room that would feel good about preferential treatment.

Reactions: RogerIndy
Well one thing this guarantees is that he won’t have Louisville and sUcK in the same bracket. They will get an easy road and we will probably get the hardest bracket. The only thing we can hope for is sUcK has a not so great year and they can cheat their way to a #1 seed.
How does a team cheat their way to #1 seed?

There has been several times where teams have been given a number 1 seed when they never deserved it. If Mitch is on the selection committee I can see sUcK getting a much undeserved #1 seed. It’s funny listening to SEC football fans say that Clemson doesn’t deserve to be in the football playoffs.
They claim that the ACC is not strong enough to warrant an ACC member a bid. If you go by the same criteria for basketball then nobody in the SEASY conference ever deserves a #1 seed.

Reactions: Deeva
Being selected as chair of the NCAA MBB committee is more of a recognition by your peers than it is an advantage for your school. Mitch will leave the room when UK comes up for seeding. Mitch would be the last guy in the room that would feel good about preferential treatment.

WOW, you should start preparing for your appearance at the local comedy club. :rolleyes::eek::D And, by the way, you gotta be kidding!

Reactions: Deeva

Why do this to yourself? If UL wants to count the NIT , that's fine with me. I assume some fans UK will want to do so as well. UK has 2 NIT championships.

Why do this to yourself? If UL wants to count the NIT , that's fine with me. I assume some fans UK will want to do so as well. UK has 2 NIT championships.

Well you uahkay/cayut fans count the titles when only 8 teams were invited. Hey why don’t you go on back to your stupid boards.

Well since you asked. ‘39 thru ‘50 there were only 8 teams invited. Then ‘51 and ‘52 16 teams with 7 to 10 byes. I could go on here but even a uahkay fan can get my drift here. It’s obvious that some pretty good teams were left out. The integration of the southern schools in the 70s (UofL integrated basketball in ‘62) actually improved the tournament. And by the way your cayuts won 4 titles in the late 40s thru 1958 I believe. Therefore the NIT in ‘56 (the year UofL won) was the superior tournament. And in ‘59 UofL kicked uahkay’s ass and went to the Final Four. Just a little true history for you. Now go on back to the “Liar” uahkay board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mayoman and Deeva
Also a lot of those early NCAA victories were against a weak field because the better teams were going to the NIT.

Reactions: Mayoman
Well since you asked. ‘39 thru ‘50 there were only 8 teams invited. Then ‘51 and ‘52 16 teams with 7 to 10 byes. I could go on here but even a uahkay fan can get my drift here. It’s obvious that some pretty good teams were left out. The integration of the southern schools in the 70s (UofL integrated basketball in ‘62) actually improved the tournament. And by the way your cayuts won 4 titles in the late 40s thru 1958 I believe. Therefore the NIT in ‘56 (the year UofL won) was the superior tournament. And in ‘59 UofL kicked uahkay’s ass and went to the Final Four. Just a little true history for you. Now go on back to the “Liar” uahkay board.

Thank you for the history lesson. The NCAA use to be only 16 teams also.
I will go where I choose, Thank you. I like to discuss basketball and I like many of the posters on this board.

Thank you for the history lesson. The NCAA use to be only 16 teams also.
I will go where I choose, Thank you. I like to discuss basketball and I like many of the posters on this board.

Yeah, only as long as you are polite and respectful. So mind your manners. You like it here because the majority of our posters know and understand college basketball and have a realistic approach to the game. Very much unlike the uahkay-cayut fans that are generally totally ignorant about almost everything especially basketball.

Yeah, only as long as you are polite and respectful. So mind your manners. You like it here because the majority of our posters know and understand college basketball and have a realistic approach to the game. Very much unlike the uahkay-cayut fans that are generally totally ignorant about almost everything especially basketball.

Do you honestly think you are polite and respectful? You are right in that there are several on RR that seem totally ignorant but I don't think that is the norm. There are some great posters there and even the worst ones can actually spell UK and Cat. Have a good evening.

Yes. I’m a dues paying member here. You, obviously, are not. Are you admitting that you aren’t polite and respectful? It appears that way. I’ll always be polite and respectful until ANY uahkay fan starts being the least bit critical of anything UofL or starts saying things that are simply not true. You see over on RR or the Liar you cannot be honest. If you are a UofL fan and you actually tell the truth you’ll be banned in a nanosecond.

Yes. I’m a dues paying member here. You, obviously, are not. Are you admitting that you aren’t polite and respectful? It appears that way. I’ll always be polite and respectful until ANY uahkay fan starts being the least bit critical of anything UofL or starts saying things that are simply not true. You see over on RR or the Liar you cannot be honest. If you are a UofL fan and you actually tell the truth you’ll be banned in a nanosecond.

You win my friend.

Reactions: Hoochadooray

I think everyone should be respectful regardless of how long you’ve been here. Jmo

Being kind and pleasant isn’t too hard of a task, you should try it.

Well obviously you haven’t been here long enough to know me OR any other poster. And, by the way, if you really want to get to know the posters on this board, try actually paying for a spot so you can read the premium boards. And by the way, you might try what you are preaching. Your tone isn’t exactly kind and pleasant.

Well obviously you haven’t been here long enough to know me OR any other poster. And, by the way, if you really want to get to know the posters on this board, try actually paying for a spot so you can read the premium boards. And by the way, you might try what you are preaching. Your tone isn’t exactly kind and pleasant.

See, now that’s not very nice. I can see how a tone could be misconstrued through text though.

Gocds, there’s this button called ignore. It’s fantastic and keeps one’s blood pressure down.
Now I will admit, it makes reading some of these threads difficult to understand...but the blood pressure is important at our age. :)

Reactions: gocds
Maybe, just maybe we will get better matchups and be closer to home now. I know that doesn’t bode well here, but I’m staying on topic

Interesting fact. The last time a UK AD was in charge of the selection committee was when CM Newton handed the NC trophy to Tubby... must have been just a coincidence.
Really helped us out putting us in the region where Duke was our #1 seed. A lot of bias there....he knows how easy it is to beat Coach K lol

He’s not allowed on the room when the decision on where to put Kentucky is made. Likewise, others on the committee are not in the room when their team is placed.
You will never find a straighter, by the book, fairer AD than Barnhart.
I was always mad when the committee made UK-UL face off in the tournament because I wanted a Kentucky school to win it.
In 2012 it would have been UK-UL in the championship. I believe UL would have beaten tOSU or Kansss that season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT