ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky AD next to lead D1 hoops committee

If one has personal knowledge to the contrary, you're right, but I don't think you do.
Not true with public figures who are reported on in newspapers and other media. If I read news stories and, based on those stories, draw the conclusion that Calipari is a cheater even if he hasn't been caught, it is my prerogative to do so. I don't have to prove it to YOUR satisfaction. You expecting me to prove it to YOUR satisfaction has no significance.
I think that you going on opposing team message boards demanding that they prove their claims to YOUR satisfaction is pathetic. While it is your prerogative to do so, it is really sad. In the end, you don't change minds, you only get people who think you are an idiot with nothing better to do.

Not true with public figures who are reported on in newspapers and other media. If I read news stories and, based on those stories, draw the conclusion that Calipari is a cheater even if he hasn't been caught, it is my prerogative to do so. I don't have to prove it to YOUR satisfaction. You expecting me to prove it to YOUR satisfaction has no significance.
I think that you going on opposing team message boards demanding that they prove their claims to YOUR satisfaction is pathetic. While it is your prerogative to do so, it is really sad. In the end, you don't change minds, you only get people who think you are an idiot with nothing better to do.
I'm not demanding anything, you can believe whatever you want, your belief just doesn't make it so.

Reactions: RogerIndy
I'm not demanding anything, you can believe whatever you want, your belief just doesn't make it so.
If you aren't demanding anything, then you need to drop your argument because you are on a Louisville board. You have made your point, now drop it. Besides, your disagreement with it doesn't make it wrong.
You are like the thought police in 1984. You should consider working for Russia, China or North Korea: any of those places were criticism of Dear Leader has to be snuffed out. They could put your skills to work. If you don't want to leave the states, you could find a cult that wants to keep a close eye on its people. Maybe the Church of Scientology would be an option.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
If you aren't demanding anything, then you need to drop your argument because you are on a Louisville board. You have made your point, now drop it. Besides, your disagreement with it doesn't make it wrong.
You are like the thought police in 1984. You should consider working for Russia, China or North Korea: any of those places were criticism of Dear Leader has to be snuffed out. They could put your skills to work. If you don't want to leave the states, you could find a cult that wants to keep a close eye on its people. Maybe the Church of Scientology would be an option.
Lol, ok, dropped

What a total dumb comment.
Given that there are a few thousand ADs in colleges across the country, I'll bet that, if I really wanted to invest my time in it, I probably could find more than one.
A better question would be, can you find anything nefarious about MB?

No, your response read like a dad trying to explain things to his young soon. it's that condescension from UK fans that is not welcome here.
My apologies if you found it condescending. It's just an issue I'm passionate about beyond UK/UL stuff because of my race and background. Young black men get a bad shake in life due to circumstance. For most of those young men, sports it the way out. Baseball and football don't get the bad rep for recruiting.

High School Basketball players who are the best usually are black men and that is a way the feel they can get out. Because it features more kids...it gets the negative stereotypes of "dirty" that other sports don't get. An AAU system filled with kids just trying to make it because they feel like they don't have much else they can dream of due to society and economics. Most kids don't go to the NBA, but they can dream. It keeps them involved in class and out of trouble.

Now, a lot of them have a coach/parent/handler/mentor that always made the decisions and all these people are offering them thousands of dollars, meals, shoes, and it's not from any illegal activity. It's all from their hard work on the court. Money they deserve.

My apologies if you found it condescending. It's just an issue I'm passionate about beyond UK/UL stuff because of my race and background. Young black men get a bad shake in life due to circumstance. For most of those young men, sports it the way out. Baseball and football don't get the bad rep for recruiting.

High School Basketball players who are the best usually are black men and that is a way the feel they can get out. Because it features more kids...it gets the negative stereotypes of "dirty" that other sports don't get. An AAU system filled with kids just trying to make it because they feel like they don't have much else they can dream of due to society and economics. Most kids don't go to the NBA, but they can dream. It keeps them involved in class and out of trouble.

Now, a lot of them have a coach/parent/handler/mentor that always made the decisions and all these people are offering them thousands of dollars, meals, shoes, and it's not from any illegal activity. It's all from their hard work on the court. Money they deserve.
I appreciate that, and I agree with you that football and baseball don't get the same bad rap. I think that there are so many people involved with football, it is hard to track, so people don't do it. At the same time, there are some stories about football recruiting from years ago, especially SMU getting the "death penalty" for their football program. We know it happened there, and it probably continues to happen there.
I also agree with you about the handlers, plus the people hanging on. I don't think that, when I was 16 or 17, would have had the maturity to deal with what these kids have to deal with.

Reactions: RogerIndy
I appreciate that, and I agree with you that football and baseball don't get the same bad rap. I think that there are so many people involved with football, it is hard to track, so people don't do it. At the same time, there are some stories about football recruiting from years ago, especially SMU getting the "death penalty" for their football program. We know it happened there, and it probably continues to happen there.
I also agree with you about the handlers, plus the people hanging on. I don't think that, when I was 16 or 17, would have had the maturity to deal with what these kids have to deal with.
And I just think it's the NBA's fault. They won't fund the G-League properly....despite all the money they could have to invest in it and it would probably end up making the money back. Heck they give money to every WNBA franchise each year to keep them afloat.

The NCAA isn't perfect either...they love the big check they get off those athletes, yet claim that outside money is wrong. With some changes, college basketball could continue to stay awesome. Let some big time guys go pro and let the players benefit off their own likeness.

Although not as popular...college baseball and the MLB have the best model. And they still are producing a great product even though the best of the best can leave after high school.

The end of the OAD will be a change...but I think for the better. There still will be great players...but ones that stay around 2-4 years. More players will reclassify earlier and more foreign players will be sought after. And I believe a lot of players will jump who aren't ready...and the college players will end up being the ones who fill out the later portions of the draft being better developed.

Well you’ve had the last 10 years with some of the absolutely best talent money could buy to win number nine. And guess what, calisleazy couldn’t get the job done and the one that he did win happened with Anthony Davis. Without him there would be NO, nada, zero titles during that period. Just let that sink in cayut fan.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: CommodoreCard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT