ADVERTISEMENT

Kenpom predicts UofL will go 15-15

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
Heard on the radio.

Cant find a link im a work.

I could see it, due to lack of frontcourt depth.

Wish Ray or Adel or both had come back.

Coach Mack wont allow the players NOT to give anything less than 100% so an NIT isnt the end of the World.

Anybody watch Villanova get smashed at home against Michigan last night? Talk about a overrated team. I dont see how they would be any better than Louisville. Both teams have their best player and the rest look like role players at best.

These early polls are worthless, even the ratings like Kenpom. There's no data that knows UofL will be 15 and 15 while picking Villanova to be 24 and 6.

The Cards will have plenty of losses due to their schedule but this notion the Cards are depleted and without talented players is mostly wishful thinking by the media.

We have two tall inside guys who can also make 3's. We have a 3rd inside guy to bang and rebound. We have two wings who can slash and shoot the 3 and a guard/forward who is everywhere on the court.

We have four interchangeable guards who can play off and point guard with one a dynamic 3 point shooter.

The question is unity and rhythm and excellence in coaching. If the Cards stay healthy I think we win 20 games and are right there on the bubble if not a #8 or #9 seed. I've watched several teams so far and college hoops has definitely been depleted with so many underclassmen leaving early.

Louisville doesn't look any worse than just a handful of teams I've seen.

I'm ALL IN on Chris Mack so I'm not even going to begin to start judging him until year 2. Mack's system is completely different from Pitino's and he didn't have any time to recruit. So this year is a mulligan.

It’s still early. We will find out soon enough how we stack against quality competition.

The Vermont game will be a nice early test in my opinion. The Cards may come out and completely dominate Vermont tomorrow night.

I think this team has enough talent to finish above .500 even with this schedule. A lot depends on how the team continuity and chemistry comes along. Need VJ to come along and the team stay healthy.

Very small margin for error with this team.

ESPN matchup predictor gives the Cards an 80% chance of winning the game tonight, so that's good.

I know this schedule is crazy hard but 12 wins? 15 wins? C'mon now. The only way that happens is if the roster is riddled with injuries as the season unfolds. We have way more talent than the pundits are giving us credit for.

They have some good pieces but some glaring holes too. Tennessee will be a good early test. I want to see them against a really good defensive team. I doubt they win. The schedule is really tough they could be really good and still lose a bunch of games.

I havent seen a ton of teams, yet, but I'm thinking 18-13 is about right for this team. Big "IF", but if we can get 3-4 wins over top 20 teams, which we will have plenty of opportunities, then I think we are a fringe NCAA team. Any better than that a lock, any worse, NIT.

I think we get 20 wins this year with a 9 seed. Our team just keeps looking better. Tennessee is decent, that Admiral kid will be tough to guard, but they aren't world beaters...I expect a close game.

15-15? So does KenPom have us having a rain out game too? I think we play 31 regular season games

Reactions: Cue Card
So many “if’s”. The major “if” is injury. IF those can be avoided or limited in scope then we will make the NCAA. Otherwise we are headed to the NIT. We are better than KenPom says we are, in both talent and coaching. The schedule is extremely difficult and that wil be the deciding factor. Not some idiot at KenPom that just might have a bias. You know, kinda like the idiot Paul Finebaum has with the $ec.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT