ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas may be the next domino to fall...

Aug 14, 2011
The Federal Bureau of Investigation, in response to a Freedom of Information Act request, told the Kansan on Wednesday that it has documents related to the University of Kansas and its sponsorship with the Adidas apparel company, but cannot release them due to an ongoing legal investigation.

The presence of documents responsive to the Kansan’s request, filed on Sept. 27, does not necessarily implicate the University in wrongdoing, but appears to contradict what Kansas Athletics officials said after the scandal broke.

The Kansan asked for “all documents and communications within this investigation related to the University of Kansas and any of its sponsorship deals with Adidas or any investigation of Kansas basketball coaches.”

Link

There is no fanbase that should feel good that recruits at a high level. Their are no innocent programs only ones that haven't been put under the microscope.

I like that the NCAA has formed a commission to address college basketball. This problem really isn't that hard to fix. The punishment for major violations in any program have to be severe on the individuals responsible. The head coach has to be punished immediately and strongly for assistants that go astray. The only time the University should be punished if they played a role in the scheme. The stripper scandal immediately remove McGee and then place Pitino on unpaid leave for a year. The chances of that team being really good with Pitino on the sidelines wasn't great but the kids and fans weren't punished. What recently played out punishment wise is exactly what should happen. Assistants coaches are fired as well as Coach Pitino with no chance of being rehired. This alone will keep coaches in line because they lose the ability to do what they love. Forgot, any player that is found to be in violation is ineligible. The NCAA should work with the NBA on getting those kids in the d-league.

We certainly have problems enough of our own and I am not pointing fingers elsewhere to lessen the punishments that some of our coaches have brought upon us ,but if the Feds are serious about getting to the bottom of this ... ALL of the shoe companies should be nervous. Am I the only one that remembers when Kentucky won in 2012 that Phil Knight was in the locker room celebrating with the team afterwards? That, along with WWW presence and celebrating with Davis in the stands should be worthy of being looked in to.
I do not recall the adidas CEO being in the Cardinal locker room after Louisville's 2013 title. Nor the presence of street agents and runners at the game.

If WWW was guilty of anything at U.K. I doubt they’d flaunt him around like he’s been. You don’t let someone do stuff like that and then let him set right behind the team’s bench. That basically says “here I am, look, come get me!” No one is that desperate or stupid. It would be like putting K. Powell right behind UOfL. If U.K. was doing something like that, YOU or no one else on this board would know about it, until the story broke a la FBI.

If WWW was guilty of anything at U.K. I doubt they’d flaunt him around like he’s been. You don’t let someone do stuff like that and then let him set right behind the team’s bench. That basically says “here I am, look, come get me!” No one is that desperate or stupid. It would be like putting K. Powell right behind UOfL. If U.K. was doing something like that, YOU or no one else on this board would know about it, until the story broke a la FBI.

Give me a break! Guys like WWW associated with Nike and Gotto with Adidas streamlined the system in such a way that the top teams (aka recipients) all have a sense of being untouchable. This isn't like the old days when the boosters and assistants did the dirty work. This stuff starts when the kids are in prep school and the AAU scumbags sink the hook with their parents. Hold your breath, because the deeper they dig the worse this is going to get for a whole lot of teams. No one is not looking over their shoulder.

You do if you feel untouchable, and UofK is one of the 'blue bloods' that feels as if they are. We'll find out soon enough as the FBI expands its investigation.

Everyone knows William Wesley is the most powerful man in basketball regarding his influence, comparable to Harvey Weinstein in Hollywood and his misdeeds are just now being exposed. Eventually so will William Wesley's, and when it happens, those closest to him will feel it the most.

At this point you will find few Cardinal fans who believe they have all the answers and know who is dirty in all this and who is not. The majority are willing to wait until the investigation exposes what actually happened and who is involved. Time will tell.
Since some of our friends from the east are sanctimonious in their cleanliness in this I would like to have one simple question answered:

What exactly has William Wesleys role been in Lexington that he was such a visible presence for the early years of Calipari? What is his role now?

Get your head out of you @$$...UK Fans have been Bitching/Crying for 50+ years about Sam Gilbert's misdeeds at UCLA...And he sat behind the UCLA Bench!!!

:cool:

Sometimes the least conspicuous place is in the open.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT