ADVERTISEMENT

Just remember UK fans, 6 - 7.

Mar 19, 2017
That's the bowl record of the big bad mighty $EC in football this year, and that includes a 1 point win over mighty Miami of Ohio. And that's not including the disastrous 2014 SEC bowl campaign when mighty Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn and Mississippi State all lost. Yes the ACC has flamed out badly in this year's NCAA tournament, there's no denying that. There's no denying that the ACC was not what we thought it was leading into the tournament.

With that said, UK fans are guilty of the same thing in football. UK fans for years have acted like the $EC was more difficult than going through the NFC South. The way you all talked it was like you played Alabama, LSU and Auburn in back to back weeks and then just started that stretch over again, conveniently ignoring that you also get to play games against real powerhouses like Vanderbilt, Missouri, South Carolina and Mississippi State.

I would also like to remind UK fans that the last 3 years the SEC has 4 - 10, 6 - 4 and 3 - 5 against the ACC. In fact many have now said that the ACC, not the SEC was the best conference in college football in 2016. I would also like to remind UK fans that the ACC is 2 - 1 against the SEC the last 3 times the two conferences have met in the NC game.

So yes ACC basketball has been exposed in the tournament, just like SEC football has been exposed in bowl season the last few years. The ACC definitely will have to work to repair the damage from this weekend and the SEC has a lot of work to do to actually be a conference again in football and not just Alabama and everyone else.

And just remember who the current College Football National Champion is, I'll give you a hint, they didn't come from the SEC.

I was one of those guys who thought that the ACC was the best conferences in the history of basketball........now I will admit that i was totally wrong and it was truly overrated.

It was still a good conference though, I do think the Big 12 was slightly better.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
I was one of those guys who thought that the ACC was the best conferences in the history of basketball........now I will admit that i was totally wrong and it was truly overrated.

It was still a good conference though, I do think the Big 12 was slightly better.

The ACC was is a good conference in the perspective that all the power 5 conferences are pretty good, but the way that other teams not just beat-but manhandled-ACC teams is pretty damning evidence, that the ACC was pretty ordinary-at best-compared to the other P5.

In fairness, the same thing could be said in reverse about SEC/ACC comparisons in Football. For years, the script is always that the SEC is the unquestioned mightiest football conference, and that the ACC is gearing up for Basketball in the fall. In reality, the last several years-particularly in the SEC East, that's just hasn't been the reality.

Late 2000's/early 2010's Big East was the top of the mountain.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Bad look OP, especially after you were on Rupps Rafters talking a bunch of smack yesterday.
Why are you trying to validate the ACC over here by bringing up football?
SEC football, just like ACC basketball, has more then proven over the years as the best in their perspective sports. One bad tournament or set of bowl losses doesn't change that.
But I think SEC basketball deserves much more respect than it gets and so does ACC football.

That level of physical play is what is comparatively missing from the ACC. Chane would have made these pretty boys with their boat shoes and polos his bitches.
I'm glad to see that they are at least allowing some physical play in the NCAAT, I don't know if you guys noticed all year, but in the SEC, the narrative was to call every touch foul. Each team had over 8 fouls with well over 4 minutes to go in each half and all the best players ended up on the pine in foul trouble. How can you play hard under those circumstances?
I think that is helping the SEC now that they are letting them play. I've been very happy with the non calls I've seen in most of the tournament games.
West Virginia and South Carolina are loving it too. Those are two very physical teams and they are really benefiting.

I never blame officiating for anything (except for that T on Kyle Kuric in South Bend a few years ago). Style of player, style of play. The best Louisville teams had enforcers, this team didn't.
There sure were some wars in the old big east. Not a league for boys

That's the bowl record of the big bad mighty $EC in football this year, and that includes a 1 point win over mighty Miami of Ohio. And that's not including the disastrous 2014 SEC bowl campaign when mighty Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn and Mississippi State all lost. Yes the ACC has flamed out badly in this year's NCAA tournament, there's no denying that. There's no denying that the ACC was not what we thought it was leading into the tournament.

With that said, UK fans are guilty of the same thing in football. UK fans for years have acted like the $EC was more difficult than going through the NFC South. The way you all talked it was like you played Alabama, LSU and Auburn in back to back weeks and then just started that stretch over again, conveniently ignoring that you also get to play games against real powerhouses like Vanderbilt, Missouri, South Carolina and Mississippi State.

I would also like to remind UK fans that the last 3 years the SEC has 4 - 10, 6 - 4 and 3 - 5 against the ACC. In fact many have now said that the ACC, not the SEC was the best conference in college football in 2016. I would also like to remind UK fans that the ACC is 2 - 1 against the SEC the last 3 times the two conferences have met in the NC game.

So yes ACC basketball has been exposed in the tournament, just like SEC football has been exposed in bowl season the last few years. The ACC definitely will have to work to repair the damage from this weekend and the SEC has a lot of work to do to actually be a conference again in football and not just Alabama and everyone else.

And just remember who the current College Football National Champion is, I'll give you a hint, they didn't come from the SEC.

Mike & Mike made a great point this morning. 90% of the College Football bowl games are meaningless. They are among the least important games of the year, glorified exhibitions and award trips. NCAA Tournament basketball are the only important games of the College basketball season. Therefore, results in the bowl season are fairly meaningless because the important games are played in the regular season, whereas the most meaningful games in basketball are played after the regular season. Point is that the college basketball tourney results are the best indication of strength of various conferences.

Then when you look at how ACC teams lost: Miami crushed by a sub-par Michigan State team; FSU blown out by an 11 seed; UVA decimated by Florida, Louisville and Duke losing to 7 seeds. The biggest blow outs of the tournament have been highly rated ACC teams crushed by lower seeds. Seems pretty clear the league was overrated this year.

So you are hanging your basketball failures on the fortunes of the football side of the ACC.........pretty weak. The ACC was good in football last season....it isn't an annual thing. We have heard all season long how great the ACC is and now they have been exposed. What ever makes you feel better.
Lol - perhaps the most hypocritical, utterly lacking in self-awareness post in the history of the internet. Sac hanging on sec football has been big hillbilly nation's rationale for 50 years.

Btw - what would make me feel better is for you and your blue cockroach buddies to scurry back over to raftards where you belong.

Lol - perhaps the most hypocritical, utterly lacking in self-awareness post in the history of the internet. Sac hanging on sec football has been big hillbilly nation's rationale for 50 years.

Btw - what would make me feel better is for you and your blue cockroach buddies to scurry back over to raftards where you belong.
The Kentucky fans that hang on the conference for football are the worst. I will agree with you there.

Agree with this. More uk fans here looking for validation.

Reactions: Deeva
Weve already been through this ;

In 2011 an unprecedented amount of teams from 1 conference were awarded bids.
The Big Beast put 11 seeds in the tourney.

9 loss Uconn won the Title.

The ACC was the best regular season conference.
The Pac12 , is so far the best tourney conference.

The problem I see with your logic is, no body claimed the SEC in football this year was the greatest ever, Many in the media an on here claimed the ACC basketball conference this year may have been the greatest basketball conference. I found that laughable when compared to some Big East years from the past. Face it you win you can crow you lose it sucks.

Reactions: MadaboutBlue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT