ADVERTISEMENT

Jurich...

Journalists aren't tax accountants. And anyone looking for an excuse--AD, journalist, or fan--will use the best one available.

The math is what it is. A tax deductible donation doesn't mean you get a 100% CREDIT for that donation. That's called a "tax credit". If you refuse to donate more after tax with new tax rules, you simply deduct the amount of your previous tax savings from your new donation. It's the same effect after tax.

And as I said, U of L will gladly--GLADLY--invoice you for a 40% smaller donation in the upper arena to keep your patronage. Why wouldn't they when they're almost giving tickets away?

Excuses...

Lol. It was an article from Forbes. And your second paragraph is spastic. It starts off as an early Junior Achievement lesson on tax credits and then diverges quickly to a mess of words. You need to clean that up.

Lol. It was an article from Forbes. And your second paragraph is spastic. It starts off as an early Junior Achievement lesson on tax credits and then diverges quickly to a mess of words. You need to clean that up.
Voiced by a guy who doesn't understand math...and substitutes excuses.

Voiced by a guy who doesn't understand math...and substitutes excuses.

No, I’m pretty good at math and my accounting degree has served me quite well. The problem with what you wrote wasn’t math though, it just didn’t flow well.

No, I’m pretty good at math and my accounting degree has served me quite well. The problem with what you wrote wasn’t math though, it just didn’t flow well.
Your lack of comprehension doesn't indicate a "mess". And last time I checked, Forbes articles were written by journalists...

Count me as one who is staying away because college athletics as a whole is corrupt and cares about MONEY 1st.

They like to throw terms around like "Student Athlete", and "amateur" to paint a flowery picture. However if a college stands to make more money by taking a postseason ban now instead of later, don't worry about those "student-athletes", two of which were 5th year senior transfers and had no other opportunity to make an NCAA tournament ever again.

And then there are all these agents that make "loans" to these student-athletes as we like to call them. Colleges ALL know it happens.

You would think with all U of L has been through, we would be one of the most vocal supporters for reform. Instead we're just riding on the ACC bus because we want to make sure we get our checks from the television contract & shoe contract.

I don't know Vince or Jurich but they both know what's going on and neither is or was doing anything about it.

Until college athletics gets in better shape and cleaned up, count me as one who will not be attending as many games as I used to and that's from a 30-year season ticket holder until this year.

I still love the college game but it disgusts me the way it's run.... And apparently has been this way for quite some time.

Reactions: zipp
Ain't buying it except as an excuse... A tax deduction doesn't mean you pay nothing. If you were in a 30% bracket, losing a deduction simply meant you were paying around 40% more for that donation (100/70). And you could have easily compensated for that by spending 30% less for that privilege. You think U of L wouldn't give you a 30% discount to list prices at the moment on upper arena seats? (They're charging less whether you ask or not... LINK)

And anyone b!tching about ticket prices, pre- or after-tax, just wants to b!tch. Prices have never been cheaper to see just about any game you want. I know because that's what I pay.

As I said, excuses...

Call me when you actually buy a season basketball ticket package directly from UofL. It will be at that point that your opinion regarding what people are willing to pay and not pay will be worth reading about.

Reactions: Cue Card
Call me when you actually buy a season basketball ticket package directly from UofL. It will be at that point that your opinion regarding what people are willing to pay and not pay will be worth reading about.
One butt in the seat counts the same, $10 or $100. Call me when they change the accounting for attendance. And with more $10 and fewer $100 tickets, it's never been easier to ring up those turnstile counts.

Money rules the day, however. Attendance is a means to an end...

One butt in the seat counts the same, $10 or $100. Call me when they change the accounting for attendance. And with more $10 and fewer $100 tickets, it's never been easier to ring up those turnstile counts.

Money rules the day, however. Attendance is a means to an end...
8:07 post means you weren’t at game. Or even watching the game???

Reactions: Art79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT