ADVERTISEMENT

Jurich Press Release

These stories are meant to do one thing only... and that is take out competition. Naive is an understatement if you think it's to punish cheaters or keep the sport fair.

Do they hire these posters to post here? Or is it the Underoos generation finally coming of age?

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
Inside info is used in sports all the time. As Omega said coaches job hop on the regular and to think they don't talk about common opponents is a little naive.

If you want to focus on the release TJ put out, fine. So you are disappointed he isn't taking this one seriously enough. Or, disappointed he isn't disappointed in the staff. Maybe the reality is he sees it as common place in the industry, because as outlined, it more than likely is.

So he doesn't really care. Or maybe he will handle it behind the scenes as a preferred direction.

Either way the bad look is on the WF alum. Let's not hire him.

This isn't the same as job hopping. In the case of job hopping, each school at least knows what information is available for consumption and can take steps to mitigate that effect. This was unethical behavior that created assymetrical info. As to your comparison, it would be like arguing that talking to someone that took a class the year before you is the same thing as looking at the answer key to a test tomorrow.

IMO, this incident is not a big deal at all as 100% of programs out there do everything possible to gain an upper hand on an opponent, the best example I have is on the baseball field countless hours are spent trying to steal signals, which is an important element of the game. However, it does give the media yet another reason to bash us, which at the end of the day media is in place to drive conversation, get the panties of folks in a bunch, rarely for anything more or less, which is hard to argue with all the "issues" we have going on in our house.

I will forever be a Cardinal, my love for the university and the program will be with me until death, so I will never stop cheering and being a fan, but being in the media in a negative light constantly has worn me out. We need to get our university in order, and now. Pass me a beer. ;)

So, if Calipari is caught with a book full of Georgia's plays, you're not yelling crooked Cal?

I went to U of L med school, and at some point as an alum this adds up.

Say what you want about no bad publicity, everyone on ESPN seems to disagree.

So, if Calipari is caught with a book full of Georgia's plays, you're not yelling crooked Cal?

:rolleyes: Maybe as a brain donor! Bada Bing! :D

This isn't the same as job hopping. In the case of job hopping, each school at least knows what information is available for consumption and can take steps to mitigate that effect. This was unethical behavior that created assymetrical info. As to your comparison, it would be like arguing that talking to someone that took a class the year before you is the same thing as looking at the answer key to a test tomorrow.

^^^^
This

It is Belichickian...

Hello....BB

There's no defending this thing. There just isn't.

I do wish more info would come out in regards to other schools that allegedly benefited from this rogue broadcaster though. Your average sports fan who sees the headlines scroll across ESPN thinks that Bobby stole game plans and the Cards won by 2 because of this.

I'll say it again - I am sick of this s**t.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think Rick will talk to his son about how Minny should try to beat Purdue ? Of course! If he hasn't already.

Reality is this type of playbook sharing is very common, this is just a little more spicy because the guy involved was really bitter.
This is absolutely not common. Sharing info through a third party (not affiliated with either competing party) is common. Disgruntled media members sending play books to the competition while he still is affiliated and has access to one of the teams is unprecedented. You know this zipp. I don't know if this breaks any NCAA rules but I do know that it's silly to try and blow this off. I would also expect some recourse with the ACC.

This is absolutely not common. Sharing info through a third party (not affiliated with either competing party) is common. Disgruntled media members sending play books to the competition while he still is affiliated and has access to one of the teams is unprecedented. You know this zipp. I don't know if this breaks any NCAA rules but I do know that it's silly to try and blow this off. I would also expect some recourse with the ACC.

:rolleyes: There's pressure to win everywhere...and the pay is pretty good too. How else do you explain it that they always land jobs after they get fired? You think they're after their coaching techniques or something?

What really gets me, is why a lot of our fans are acting like ESPN is some moral measuring stick. They say anything for ratings!!! When attacked, stand together. I feel like they want us to turn on TJ and BP. Don't fall for it.

I don't understand your desire to stand up for them. When you hire a coach with a past scandal, do you not have a no tolerance policy going forward?

It's hard to compare Stoops to Petrino because of the lack of high level success of the UK football program. U of L spent the season being talked about as a possible CFP team and the question is do they get in the top 4. UK's question was would they get to a bowl game. Stoops also hasn't been in any trouble

So for the sake of argument--Calipari has some questions in his past. Calipari runs a high level program. Would you not be laughing at UK fans if they were standing by cheatin' Cal? You'd make jokes about "We said you'd have to take them banners down 1 day!"

But when your own coach does it--you need to stand by him? Why? Do you not want better representation of your university? If you're not affiliated and only care about the sports, and only care about wins and losses, I get it. But if you went there, if you have that kind of connection, if you have ongoing involvement--how are you ok with this--especially in the wake of all of the other black eyes?

What really gets me, is why a lot of our fans are acting like ESPN is some moral measuring stick. They say anything for ratings!!! When attacked, stand together. I feel like they want us to turn on TJ and BP. Don't fall for it.
ESPN doesn't care what fans do with their reports. They have a duty to report the news. There is no witch hunt. There is a story. This story is unique and unprecedented so it has wheels. The media is not the enemy. Once TJ confirmed the accusation the media was off the hook. At this point they are just reporting factual claims.

How do you know what information the schools have?

In the four years of college football I played and knowing dozens of guys who played at other schools, I have never heard of a mole providing current relevant information to an opponent. Also I've never heard a respected AD just completely blow off unethical behavior.

ESPN is about $$$ Not morals but don't try to spin this...it is bad and TJ response was for me literally a C'mon Man moment

Reactions: TDredbird
In the four years of college football I played and knowing dozens of guys who played at other schools, I have never heard of a mole providing current relevant information to an opponent. Also I've never heard a respected AD just completely blow off unethical behavior.

Well Hank that's just not much of a sample-personal experience. But I respect your position on this.

And a high number of Stoops players are no longer on the team. Hatcher is gone, Tubman is gone and he was found innocent.

I don't have a comment about the act itself but I know I would never self punish again when absolutely nothing has happened to UNC basketball.

So until that occurs, I'd tell everyone else to get bent.

Reactions: WKCard and zipp
I don't understand your desire to stand up for them. When you hire a coach with a past scandal, do you not have a no tolerance policy going forward?

It's hard to compare Stoops to Petrino because of the lack of high level success of the UK football program. U of L spent the season being talked about as a possible CFP team and the question is do they get in the top 4. UK's question was would they get to a bowl game. Stoops also hasn't been in any trouble

So for the sake of argument--Calipari has some questions in his past. Calipari runs a high level program. Would you not be laughing at UK fans if they were standing by cheatin' Cal? You'd make jokes about "We said you'd have to take them banners down 1 day!"

But when your own coach does it--you need to stand by him? Why? Do you not want better representation of your university? If you're not affiliated and only care about the sports, and only care about wins and losses, I get it. But if you went there, if you have that kind of connection, if you have ongoing involvement--how are you ok with this--especially in the wake of all of the other black eyes?
So players being kicked out of school for rape and being part of a drug ring is considered "no trouble" to you?

Ok...

ESPN is about $$$ Not morals but don't try to spin this...it is bad and TJ response was for me literally a C'mon Man moment

What the heck are you talking about? TJ has done great things for this University. Some crap story has you upset? Go watch a game at the fairgrounds.

Have you ever heard of a reality tv star being elected POTUS?

Everything's brand new - lol.

ESPN doesn't care what fans do with their reports. They have a duty to report the news. There is no witch hunt. There is a story. This story is unique and unprecedented so it has wheels. The media is not the enemy. Once TJ confirmed the accusation the media was off the hook. At this point they are just reporting factual claims.

Spare me your crap.

And a high number of Stoops players are no longer on the team. Hatcher is gone, Tubman is gone and he was found innocent.
Incorrect. DA decided against pressing charges - not the same as being found innocent. Also he was found 'guilty' by the SRB and booted from the school.

Incorrect. DA decided against pressing charges - not the same as being found innocent. Also he was found 'guilty' by the SRB and booted from the school.

Ok, I'll accept that. Fact remains that he's gone.

He aslo never suspended ashley lowery for a DUI.
Drew barker assaults someone, and was suspended during a redshirt year.
Coach stoopID also sent redshirts out to start a pregame fight-no suspensions.

Reactions: zipp and BPGhost
Not really. You vocal your opinion publicly. What if someone you didn't know said something about your kids? Would you believe them?

Your post is incoherent and I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

Regardless of that, I'll spell things out. It is possible to love UofL athletics and Tom Jurich but be disappointed in specific actions. You seem to think that a fan should blindly follow all things UofL.

He aslo never suspended ashley lowery for a DUI.
Drew barker assaults someone, and was suspended during a redshirt year.
Coach stoopID also sent redshirts out to start a pregame fight-no suspensions.

I think you're wrong on Barker. I think Barker got jumped after another player hit someone. Not saying it didn't happen, but I don't think it was Barker.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT