ADVERTISEMENT

Jurich Press Release

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
The last line of his press release is absolutely tone deaf. He is "disappointed that this issue has brought undue attention to our football staff".

Perhaps he should say something about being disappointed that members of his athletic staff did not act appropriately in this situation and that he is taking steps to remedy breakdowns in judgment in the future.

The repeated PR black-eyes for UofL athletics and administration are getting tiresome and embarrassing. Given the Katina stuff, the Sypher stuff, the controversial re-hiring of Petrino, the shooting of two players, the boondoggle of the president and foundation and board situation, etc, etc, it seems like UofL would best show contrition, not just blow this off like its some inconvenience to bowl prep.

Any fan that try and sugar coats this needs to go with Elrod , Galloway and Grantham. And move to the north pole with Santa Claus. Plain and simple this truly unacceptable and to say it's not you are just as ignorant as the people who done this. This info had gotten out like it was said by Tom today before the Hesman guess what Lamar wouldnt have won think about that people.i

Any fan that try and sugar coats this needs to go with Elrod , Galloway and Grantham. And move to the north pole with Santa Claus. Plain and simple this truly unacceptable and to say it's not you are just as ignorant as the people who done this. This info had gotten out like it was said by Tom today before the Hesman guess what Lamar wouldnt have won think about that people.i
If coaches who try to steal signals and talk to former team insiders about an upcoming game will join me at the North Pole, I'm packing my bags.

Because most of the football world will be joining me. The moral high ground guys can stay behind and watch flag or lingerie football. Enjoy...

If coaches who try to steal signals and talk to former team insiders about an upcoming game will join me at the North Pole, I'm packing my bags.

Because most of the football world will be joining me. The moral high ground guys can stay behind and watch flag or lingerie football. Enjoy...
Perception is reality . This university is getting a national rep across the board as being imoral and being . a bunch of cheaters. Name one other program that keeps their name in the bad press clippings this past year as us.

Fire the staff.

Cancel the expansion.

Secede from the ACC before they kick us out for cheating on a Charter Member.

Beg for readmittance to the AAC or maybe CUSA.

Anything else?:rolleyes:
No one is saying all that . Why did we do what we did is the issue totally unnecessary.

No one is saying all that . Why did we do what we did is the issue totally unnecessary.
But apparently we did.

So what do we do?

Some are acting like we stole the Nuclear launch codes.

If it is that big a deal, what makes it "right"? Somebody's got to go. Ramsey's gone. So now who?

Jurich? Petrino?

If not them, then how big a deal is it really?

Be careful what you wish for.

Perception is reality . This university is getting a national rep across the board as being imoral and being . a bunch of cheaters. Name one other program that keeps their name in the bad press clippings this past year as us.
You're changing the issue... I'm not that sensitive to what others think (obviously) and suggest that you and others start steeling yourself a little more to naysayers. Too many talking heads, too many haters, too many slappies in your ear.

And long term, there's no such thing as bad publicity...

But apparently we did.

So what do we do?

If it is that big a deal, what makes it "right"? Somebody's got to go. Ramsey's gone. So now who?

Jurich? Petrino?

Surely there is some space between acting contrite/taking steps to act in a sportsmanlike fashion and firing everybody?

Surely there is some space between acting contrite/taking steps to act in a sportsmanlike fashion and firing everybody?
I'm just reading posts and commenting on what I've read.

Just another day in Cardsland AFAIC. And apparently TJ too.

LSU probably loves the diversion. IF they even know about it.

But apparently we did.

So what do we do?

Jurich? Petrino?

Sorry knuckles, we're back to opposite poles... :)

Nothing more here than Lamar Thomas talking to LPT coaches about U of L's system. Unless you're somehow ranking acts of cheating.

And Jurich has always stood behind his unjustly accused coaches. Love that guy!...

haha...Glad to be back on the argumentative side. My message boarding was getting boring with all this agreement....

Here are a few more thoughts;

- I think this issue is more troublesome that stealing signals/signs. Stealing signs is kind of game within the game items that both sides can reasonably expect the other to try to do. This situation is uncharted territory and certainly having a mole within the broadcast staff is not something a coach could reasonably expect

- Just once could UofL be the protagonist. It would be so refreshing to hear that UofL helped snuff out nefarious activity, not participated in it

- If you take Petrino at face value, then this is another case where the head coach was unaware of troubling activity by an assistant but something that reflects badly upon the head coach (especially given the reputation of said head coach)

- Just don't understand Jurich's press release. There were about 50 different things he could have said and instead he basically just blew things off and acted like this is an inconvenience for UofL. The problem is that this cavalier attitude then becomes news itself and only continues the news cycle on the issue. That just makes no sense to me.

This is getting freaking old.
I have to be honest, it's getting pretty embarrassing as a cards fan.

In the last ten years , sypher and the 15 seconds of fame where there may have even been an abortion, that trial, Chris jones, hookers in dorm rooms, two players getting shot and one may have even had a gun, possible money laundering at the academic level with Mr Ramsey , accreditation probation, wakeleaks. I honestly feel as if I'm leaving something out because so much has gone on in the least ten years. Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade.

Luckily for me, it is pure entertainment and I won't lose sleep. However, it's hard to argue with anyone when they make fun of all of our scandals.

This is absolutely ridiculous. There isn't a coach in American that wouldn't use this info. Hell I'm a Kentucky fan, if Stoops ever got info like this he better use it. We need all the wins we can get. Its his fault for leaking the stuff, it is Wake's fault for allowing a non coach to have that kind of info.

In the big scheme of things I truly have no clue how damaging this could be. But, it would have been nice to ride the Lamar Heisman train, sign a boatload of 3-5 star recruits and take advantage of the positive wave.

I was hopeful we could avoid stepping on our d@*k for a month, but I guess that's wishful thinking!

I've certainly grown weary of the run of "scandals" of varying degrees casting a shadow on UofL at a time in the school's history when we should be able to celebrate our many success stories without wondering what's the next dark cloud on the horizon.

Myself... have a HUGE Problem with this situation and the current football staff...will not defend this but will not rail against the staff here or anywhere else

I've certainly grown weary of the run of "scandals" of varying degrees casting a shadow on UofL at a time in the school's history when we should be able to celebrate our many success stories without wondering what's the next dark cloud on the horizon.
Your not allowed to be tired of the crap at U of L. Guess the everything is ok sunshine gang is too scared to reply against the moderator.

More I think about it the less it concerns me. Hell how many times has Belichick been accused or caught. Just doesn't look good. Will see what happens. Not sure what should be done.

Sorry knuckles, we're back to opposite poles... :)

Nothing more here than Lamar Thomas talking to LPT coaches about U of L's system. Unless you're somehow ranking acts of cheating.

And Jurich has always stood behind his unjustly accused coaches. Love that guy!...
Apples and oranges zipp. Lamar Thomas switching jobs to another school on the schedule happens every day. Jon Gruden had two teams in the super bowl in 2002.

This was different and everyone knows it. Otherwise it wouldn't be in sportscenter as I type this. I bet Martha Stewart wishes it was a playbook in her case. Bottom line- this is no where close to Lamar Thomas switching jobs.

This is absolutely ridiculous. There isn't a coach in American that wouldn't use this info. Hell I'm a Kentucky fan, if Stoops ever got info like this he better use it. We need all the wins we can get. Its his fault for leaking the stuff, it is Wake's fault for allowing a non coach to have that kind of info.
You are not a Kentucky fan and UK won plenty of games this season without getting special info.

I don't know if this is true or not in the long run, but people will be kidding themselves if they believe other ACC schools weren't given play info. Two or three seasons and UofL was the only school to do it......riiiiight.

Last edited:

The ACC is getting that reputation too. And yes, sadly, your school does have a reputation of win at all costs.

Reactions: Lincoln_Cat90
Army also received information from the Wake Forest Radio guy..,.again NOT defending the Louisville coaches but this is a bigger than Louisville issue right now....

Reactions: TDredbird

Think Rick will talk to his son about how Minny should try to beat Purdue ? Of course! If he hasn't already.

Reality is this type of playbook sharing is very common, this is just a little more spicy because the guy involved was really bitter.

Reactions: zipp
Reality is this type of playbook sharing is very common, this is just a little more spicy because the guy involved was really bitter.

They move these guys(assistants) around every two years from place to place it seems.

Someone should talk to Clemson, they got up 28-10 on Wake in the first half.

Think Rick will talk to his son about how Minny should try to beat Purdue ? Of course! If he hasn't already.

It's not really the same. This guy had inside information. Anything Rick and Richard would discuss would be available on tape.

Anyways, perhaps the bigger issue is the ridiculous press release by Jurich. I'd feel better if he just came out and said "so what!.

It's not really the same. This guy had inside information.

Inside info is used in sports all the time. As Omega said coaches job hop on the regular and to think they don't talk about common opponents is a little naive.

If you want to focus on the release TJ put out, fine. So you are disappointed he isn't taking this one seriously enough. Or, disappointed he isn't disappointed in the staff. Maybe the reality is he sees it as common place in the industry, because as outlined, it more than likely is.

So he doesn't really care. Or maybe he will handle it behind the scenes as a preferred direction.

Either way the bad look is on the WF alum. Let's not hire him.

Reactions: Mayoman
A huge difference. When the alums and fans discovered what happened at my school with the basketball program, they were outraged and demanded the HC be fired. He was. And then the AD was fired too.

Apparently, there is a segment of Cardinal fans that feel cheating is fine, maybe because others do it too or winning cures all ills. So be it, but it does garner your university a certain reputation, which I referenced in my prior post to which you objected.

Sad because the few Cardinal alums I've met have been decent people.
Galloway should definitely be fired. It is high time someone around here lost their damn job for these events that have taken place. Somehow Pitino gets off scott free from everything, its time to make an example and fire someone. We need to set a tone at UL and clean up this mess, even if it means to start losing sometimes.

Reactions: Kratz
A huge difference. When the alums and fans discovered what happened at my school with the basketball program, they were outraged and demanded the HC be fired. He was. And then the AD was fired too.

Who is your school?

Alums and fans pressure programs into winning big- they aren't the saints they think they are win scandal hits. They own a part of it.

But it's cool to have a high opinion of one's self. Confidence is very sexy. Jack Palance yo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT