ADVERTISEMENT

Jones, Shook make NY Liberty Roster

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
New York Liberty head coach Walt Hopkins and general manager Jonathan Kolb have released the list of the 12 players that will suit up for the Liberty -- when the season eventually gets underway, and Kylee Shook and Jazmine Jones will join Asia Durr on the squad.

The Liberty selected six in the WNBA Draft and all made the team.

The squad:

G/F -- Rebecca Allen
G -- Layshia Clarendon
G -- Asia Durr
G -- Sabrina Ionescu
G -- Jazmine Jones
G -- Kia Nurse
F -- Leonna Odom
F -- Kylee Shook
F -- Megan Walker
F/G -- Jocelyn Willoughby
C -- Kiah Stokes
C -- Amanda Zahui B

The Liberty has five former ACC players on the squad (Odom, Durr, Jones, Shook and Willoughby) and three former Conn players (Walker, Nurse and Stokes). Allen is from Australia and Clarendon from the California Golden Bears. Ionescu is from --- wait a second, it's on the tip of my tongue -- Oregon, yeah, Oregon and Amanda Zahui B. played at Minnesota for two years after coming over from Sweden.

--sonja--

New York Liberty head coach Walt Hopkins and general manager Jonathan Kolb have released the list of the 12 players that will suit up for the Liberty -- when the season eventually gets underway, and Kylee Shook and Jazmine Jones will join Asia Durr on the squad.

The Liberty selected six in the WNBA Draft and all made the team.

The squad:

G/F -- Rebecca Allen
G -- Layshia Clarendon
G -- Asia Durr
G -- Sabrina Ionescu
G -- Jazmine Jones
G -- Kia Nurse
F -- Leonna Odom
F -- Kylee Shook
F -- Megan Walker
F/G -- Jocelyn Willoughby
C -- Kiah Stokes
C -- Amanda Zahui B

The Liberty has five former ACC players on the squad (Odom, Durr, Jones, Shook and Willoughby) and three former Conn players (Walker, Nurse and Stokes). Allen is from Australia and Clarendon from the California Golden Bears. Ionescu is from --- wait a second, it's on the tip of my tongue -- Oregon, yeah, Oregon and Amanda Zahui B. played at Minnesota for two years after coming over from Sweden.

--sonja--
Ha, ha Sonja. I just posted this as well. What an awesome accomplishment for our ladies.

Reactions: Sonja
As has been stated is this the

Lou York Liberty
or the

New Lou Liberty

Young team which if they stay together will dominate the WNBA.
Congrats to Jaz and Kylee.

Reactions: Sonja
This is great news not only for Kylee & Jones but for our program. Recruits really keep up with this I have noticed where some of our recruits are posting on this.

Reactions: Bardman and Sonja
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT