ADVERTISEMENT

John Ramsey confrontation with Matt Jones

Since when did squaring up in a parking lot become such a horrendous thing. Remember when real men used to shoot at one another with pistols over disparaging remarks. Just another example of the wussification of the men in this country.

Apparently a UK fan pistol whipped another fan after the game. You may call him a "real man", I'd call him an f'ing idiot.

Matt Jones is a pretty smart guy, he did exactly what I thought he would do use that to deflect what actually happened on the field. With Jones being an attorney or at least being educated in law he knows what lines he can and can't cross. He has used that to his advantage and the absolute hatred most UK fans have for Louisville. Jones doesn't need much ammunition to get them all worked up.

It really amazes me how much they hate Jurich & Pitino. It is really personal for many of their fans. Jones has just capitalized on that hatred.

I think most fans agree with Ramsey, but it only provided Jones content for his show.

I like the 93.9 concept and it will continue to grow as long as the Louisville administration supports it with continuing to have coaches and inside information.

Reactions: Cue Card
Matt Jones is a pretty smart guy, he did exactly what I thought he would do use that to deflect what actually happened on the field. With Jones being an attorney or at least being educated in law he knows what lines he can and can't cross...
Also helps when the truth becomes optional.

...It really amazes me how much they hate Jurich & Pitino. It is really personal for many of their fans. Jones has just capitalized on that hatred...
My guess is that sentiment nowadays is mutual, at least with Jurich. I don't think Pitino much gives a damn.

...I like the 93.9 concept and it will continue to grow as long as the Louisville administration supports it with continuing to have coaches and inside information.
I think that was true at the outset. Now that those ESPN guys are on their feet, that other stuff is less essential...

Most of his so called "show" today was about Ramsey and not the football game...he has a Man crush on Ramsey.

I didn't listen to the show and rarely do. What Jones does, like a trained attorney, is deflect a difficult situation by changing the focus. Rather than talk about the U of K program and how they did vs U of L, he deflects the conversation to the "U of L bad guy."

ADVERTISEMENT