ADVERTISEMENT

Jared Lorenzon

Villebandit

One-Star Poster
Feb 6, 2019
I’m seeing reports online that Jared Lorenzon is having some serious medical problems.

Jared is one my favorite characters from our rivalry with the Cats and seemed to be doing better health wise. Sending up prayers for the big man. Hope to see him talking some rivalry shit during the season. God bless him.

Sports fandom is a non-factor when it comes to a person’s health and well being. Jared Lorenzon has suffered greatly personally, professionally and from a health standpoint due to his lifelong struggles with his weight and emotional issues. I wish him a quick and complete recovery from his current condition and continued progress towards overcoming his longterm health and emotional issues. Best wishes from Card Nation Jared.

Just read where he’s dealing with some serious issues involving his kidneys and heart. He’s in ICU. Family by his side. Scary stuff.

Reactions: Villebandit
He had been working on his weight and even opened up about his issues. (A lot mental). He took his weight loss public to try and set an example for others. Really put himself out there and opened up to try and create some good. For so many who have seen addiction issues, we all know the struggle. I think his weight loss and fight has been hard on his health...prayers for him.

Here is the video series of his struggle the last year. Beyond being a UK player, it is worth the watch.

Hate to see that Freddie Maggard is going through some issues as well. We won’t find many finer Kentuckians on either side of the rivalry. Hope to see him bounce back in a big way as well.

Prayers strong for the BBN. We need them at their peak trash talking game in a few weeks.

Reactions: RogerIndy
Hate to see that Freddie Maggard is going through some issues as well. We won’t find many finer Kentuckians on either side of the rivalry. Hope to see him bounce back in a big way as well.

Prayers strong for the BBN. We need them at their peak trash talking game in a few weeks.
Prayers always are needed. Whether you believe or not...just the common human connection can comfort so many.

This rivalry has great people on both sides. I know many of you guys are praying for Jared and many UK fans did the same for the legend Denny Crum. Although we see them on the court/field and in character, they all have lives and families on the field just like the fans. They hurt and love the same as any other person. Although we come together because they are famous, it's the fact that we've all faced health crisis in our own lives...whether it be family or personal and I know support always helps.

He passed. Take care of yourselves, everyone.

Last edited:
This is crushing. I was happy to see all of the progress he was making in his personal life and was rooting for him.

He was an exciting player to watch at UK and understood our rivalry. It was fun how he played it up and egged it on. One of the many personalities that make this fun.

Terrible news. The good guys are supposed to win. Praying heavily for his children and family. Wish them nothing but the best.

Very sad news. Prayers for Jared and his family. Seemed like a good guy, and he was a very good qb.

That first play legitimately had me worried for the future. I didn’t think we’d ever be able to contain him and then that 2002 game was special for them.

Not to diminish the seriousness of today’s news, Lorenzen played against Louisville 4 years straight. He went 1-3. After their win in ‘02, the game when Ragone got absolutely murdered, Lorenzen had nice post game comments about Dave’s gutsy performance.

Last edited:
My memories of Jared go back to his youth when he awed the crowd with his performances in Punt, Pass and Kick competitions during halftime at Bengals' games. So sad to see him gone so soon. RIP Jared.

Reactions: Villebandit
Not to diminish the seriousness of today’s news, Lorenzen played against Louisville 4 years straight. He went 1-3. After their win in ‘02, the game when Ragone got absolutely murdered, Lorenzen had nice post game comments about Dave’s gutsy performance.
“Murdered” might be putting it mildly for the senseless beating that Ragone took that evening.

I never forgave John L for staying with 5 wides all game while his rugged QB took one shot after another. I literally screamed at the TV for them to go into Max Protect late in the game. I hate UK but I didn’t even care at that point if Louisville pulled out a close win.

And yes Mr Lorenzen was classy in showing his respect for Dave standing in there. He knew how ridiculous that was too.

RIP Jared.

God's grace to all Jared's family and all those that knew him well.
Unique athlete that battled his own health issues as hard as he competed
His size and appearance caused many to overlook he set records for touchdowns, yardage and single game yardage in his career, as well as being one of those guys that actually was on an NFL roster.
Wish it had played differently.
Rest in peace young man.

The guy left no doubt about out how much he hated UL/UL fans. However, I always "liked" the hefty lefty. I remember when he started the Jared Lorenzen Project, and talked about how he wanted to be around for his children and the people he cared about. I don't do prayers, but I'm bummed that he died. I'm gonna watch some of his highlights on YouTube.

As a UofL fan, he was the perfect "enemy". Always enjoyed watching him when a defender couldn't bring him down and he got a pass off.

My favorite thing was the lightning delayed game against UofL that went into OT. Someone called time out and he went to the sideline and said to Mumme "God, ain't this fun?" He was a competitor.

Wish he could've gotten proper help with his weight and other issues. When I saw him in a riverfrogs uniform at about 500 pounds I had a feeling he didn't have too long left. RIP big man

Reactions: BlueRattie
The guy left no doubt about out how much he hated UL/UL fans. However, I always "liked" the hefty lefty. I remember when he started the Jared Lorenzen Project, and talked about how he wanted to be around for his children and the people he cared about. I don't do prayers, but I'm bummed that he died. I'm gonna watch some of his highlights on YouTube.

His t-shirt peddling business was not kind to UofL fans. But, he was trying to make a buck and his core customers ate that stuff up. He’s dead now, so no sense in harboring ill will towards him.

Heard this the other day from an interview where they were talking about all his nicknames like hefty lefty, aircraft carrier, etc. but he said the one he really liked was J Lo.. because he thought he was going to meet Jennifer Lopez one day. Wish it had happened, big fella. RIP!

Heard this the other day from an interview where they were talking about all his nicknames like hefty lefty, aircraft carrier, etc. but he said the one he really liked was J Lo.. because he thought he was going to meet Jennifer Lopez one day. Wish it had happened, big fella. RIP!

Abominable Thowman

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT