ADVERTISEMENT

James Dematto

Cardinal_Cash

No-Ranking Prospect
Jan 27, 2016
I thought I heard they asked him to grayshirt. If we really need a center to come in and provide depth or even challenge for playing time I don't understand asking Dematto to grayshirt. Makes zero since when he has the size to compete at this level. Honestly out of the two high school OL we had committed Bell would have been more suitable to ask to gray shirt since he needs to add some muscle. Anybody understand this line of thinking?

We have Hughley and a JC transfer from last year at center (Kevin Austin) who redshirted in 2015. If Dematto were to grayshirt, he could potentially be the starter as a redshirt freshman or true sophomore, once Austin graduates. It wouldn't be a bad choice for him.

Makes sense I guess. Just thought we needed more OL then juco WR trying to play RB. Williams may be good, but I'm not sure how necessary his skills are on this team. We don't lack skill position guys.

Makes sense I guess. Just thought we needed more OL then juco WR trying to play RB. Williams may be good, but I'm not sure how necessary his skills are on this team. We don't lack skill position guys.

I do think we missed on two OL that we wanted: the Hawaiian center who signed with Vandy and the massive OT who signed with OK State. Probably the biggest disappointment in this signing class. We do have a very good returning nucleus of OL for this year in Hughley, Christian, McNeil, Mahoni, and Thomas, backed up by Hunter, Jones, Austin, Roundtree and Burns.

Reactions: Cardinal_Cash
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT