ADVERTISEMENT

It won’t change a thing

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
Right now Baylor is losing to Texas but there is a long way to go. They are projecting Baylor will be the 4th number 1 seed just for getting to the Big 12 final game. I really don’t understand that because they don’t have a tougher schedule than us. If they lose to Texas I really wouldn’t understand it.

However if they do get the 4th number 1 seed and we get the 1st number 2 seed it wouldn’t change anything. Right now they have us in the Wichita Region with Baylor, Arizona and sUcK. Whether we are a 1 seed or a 2 seed the outcome would be the same. These regions are only projections and things could change.

Baylor loses. Will be interesting to see if the Cards earn the #1 seed, not that it really matters as the Bears and Cards are headed to the same region.

So dumb that they would put Az and Uk in the same bracket with us since we already played this year.

ESPN is one of the few that have inserted Baylor at a 1 seed, moving Louisville to a 2 seed. Most of the other bracketologist kept U at a #1 seed. Baylor losing to TX should keep them at a 2, but politics are always a concern for UL.

Interestingly, 30 minutes prior to seeding announcement, ESPN moves Baylor to #2, and UL back up to #1.

Guess we will see. Not much anyone can do about it. I do think we should get it over Baylor but they are right there with us. Don’t lose to Miami and we are not having this conversation.

Reactions: Cap'n Jim
So much for all the talking heads and their insight they weren’t even close to team placements.

IU a is a great matchup for UK; contrasting styles. Crème is so hypocritical, just Saturday he was saying Baylor was his #1 seed over UL.

This is as good as UL could have hoped for.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I watched the Baylor vs Texas game today and Texas controlled Baylor the last 3 periods. The most impressive player on the Baylor team was their big. She has good size and she is quick and athletic. I can’t understand how the women hosting the ESPN selection show would think Baylor deserved the #1 seed over us after they lost to Texas today. Another thing I noticed was the Baylor coach has her Kim Muljey impersonation down pat.

...Another thing I noticed was the Baylor coach has her Kim Muljey impersonation down pat.
You may know this, but she was formerly an assistant coach here and is married to former head coach Tom Collen who preceded Jeff Walz...

Reactions: putter23
How a team finishes in their last 10 games is the most ridiculous measuring stick.

Reactions: putter23
Why? Maybe your schedule was tougher early on. Maybe you had injuries. Then just the opposite for those last the games. Who is ‘hot’ shouldn’t be a factor in seeding, etc. Just my opinion.

I did not know she was a former Louisville assistant married to a former Louisville coach. I did notice her on the sideline and reminded me a lot of Mullkey.

Yep, small world...
She was also moved to color analysis for Louisville WBB games before Tom Collen bolted to Arkansas and worked with Jim Kelch on the broadcasts. Greg Collins, who is now head coach at WKU WBB held the program together until Walz was hired.

The Cards had Jazz Covington and a young lass from Baltimore named McCoughtry back then. Wonder what ever happened to her...

--sonja--

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT