ADVERTISEMENT

It just wont die...

That's really bad. I think UL should negotiate with the NCAA to put this mess is the rear view mirror.

That approach hasn't boded so well for Louisville thus far. Louisville has gone scorched earth, self-penalized in a year that could have resulted in another FF, fired a HOF coach, fired arguably the best AD in history (facilities, coaches in all sports, Title IX, C-USA to the ACC). Everyone involved with this mess is gone, I don't know what other penalties you can justifiably impose at this point.

That approach hasn't boded so well for Louisville thus far. Louisville has gone scorched earth, self-penalized in a year that could have resulted in another FF, fired a HOF coach, fired arguably the best AD in history (facilities, coaches in all sports, Title IX, C-USA to the ACC). Everyone involved with this mess is gone, I don't know what other penalties you can justifiably impose at this point.
Everyone involved in the matter has paid the price and so many innocent players/staff have suffered for actions they did not do. Taking my rival fan hat off, it's ridiculous that they could punish you all anymore. Mack is a clean slate and I hope they just let you all move on in peace.

Reactions: Steelers2012
Everyone being gone would be expected. The issue will be with the program. It's doubtful the NCAA allows the program to do what it did without consequence. The death penalty talk on RR and elsewhere is utter nonsense but there will almost certainly be some serious penalties. It would be better to bite the bullet and get the dark cloud away from your program but that's just my opinion.

Everyone involved in the matter has paid the price and so many innocent players/staff have suffered for actions they did not do. Taking my rival fan hat off, it's ridiculous that they could punish you all anymore. Mack is a clean slate and I hope they just let you all move on in peace.
Let me play devils advocate for a minute. So, lets say the upper levels of a university want to win in athletics at all cost (I'm not basing this on UL in any way), if they get caught they offer up the AD and entire coaching staff and tell the NCAA no penalty is needed as all the bad actors have been fired and it wouldn't be fair to the current coaches and players. What should the NCAA do? My opinion in this hypothetical situation is that they can't afford to allow the school/program to get off with no punishment.

Last edited:
Let me play devils advocate for a minute. So, lets say the upper levels of a university want to win in athletics at all cost (I'm not basing this on UL in any way), if they get caught they offer up the AD and entire coaching staff and tell the NCAA no penalty is needed as all the bad actors have been fired and it wouldn't be fair to the current coaches and and players. What should the NCAA do? My opinion in this hypothetical situation is that they can't afford to allow the school/program to get off with no punishment.
I still think losing an Athletic Director and Hall of Fame coach is a big time punishment.

I'm about the players...the ones that in every situation get burned by the NCAA. The ones that make all the revenue for UofL basketball but aren't allowed to be paid. Damien Lee did not get to play in the NCAA tournament....he graduated early with good grades...followed the NCAA rules to transfer....and then came into a situation that he had no clue about and it hurt him as a player. A kid like Deng Adel....he chose Louisville and made a commitment with his family to the further his career and education. He had NBA aspirations and basically lost a year of development because he did not have a Division 1 coaching staff in place.

Rick, Tom, Andre McGee, and others lost their jobs. Now let Chris Mack and the students that are left do their thing in peace(and get beat by the Cats every year).

I still think losing an Athletic Director and Hall of Fame coach is a big time punishment.

I'm about the players...the ones that in every situation get burned by the NCAA. The ones that make all the revenue for UofL basketball but aren't allowed to be paid. Damien Lee did not get to play in the NCAA tournament....he graduated early with good grades...followed the NCAA rules to transfer....and then came into a situation that he had no clue about and it hurt him as a player. A kid like Deng Adel....he chose Louisville and made a commitment with his family to the further his career and education. He had NBA aspirations and basically lost a year of development because he did not have a Division 1 coaching staff in place.

Rick, Tom, Andre McGee, and others lost their jobs. Now let Chris Mack and the students that are left do their thing in peace(and get beat by the Cats every year).
Ok, so the schools and programs suffer no direct penalty? Do you really want that precedent?

MSU just got away with ZERO penalties from the NCAA for the absolutely ridiculousness that went on there. I would raise both middle fingers to the NCAA and do absolutely nothing else.

MSU just got away with ZERO penalties from the NCAA for the absolutely ridiculousness that went on there. I would raise both middle fingers to the NCAA and do absolutely nothing else.
What happened at MSU was criminal. The NCAA is not a police force. MSU will pay countless millions because of this, but through the actual court system.

No one knows what motivated Kenny Johnson. And there's still no evidence that U of L, the institution, was complicit in cheating to get a recruit to U of L.

Just more smoke, and no one can find a fire...

Kenny Johnson needs to be punished if it’s proven he broke the rules. He and Fair need to be band for life from coaching in college sports. And if they tie it to Rick the same should happen. If they can’t prove he knew he should get a five year ban or so. These kind of punishments more than anything will stop this crap in its tracks.

This is a college wide issue. Everyone’s cheating some have better networks or systems then others.

And by the way the FBI is doing what they do best. Take their time connecting dots, throw out bait, connect more dots, throw more bait and repeat until everything has surfaced. No one is cleared yet. They are a very patient organization.

Lets see....... Fired a HOF coach and world class AD, vacated a bunch of wins, vacated a National Championship, self imposed scholarship reductions for a few years.

Honest question: Other than the death penalty, what's left? Extending probation is the only thing on the table.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT