ADVERTISEMENT

Is any in-state school safe for LPT to play?...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
U of L?... Hardly.

WKU?... Not anymore.

EKU?... WELL...

LPT Football: "Paging Brown Mackie College"...

unfortunately Transy dropped football in '41.

(.lol my daughter graduated from Brown Mackie )

I posted the 3rd quarter score of the game on the national board, UK fans gave me grief that I didn't post the final score. I don't think that they realize that it isn't a good thing for an FCS team to be able to get a game to overtime against any P5 school. o_O

unfortunately Transy dropped football in '41.

(.lol my daughter graduated from Brown Mackie )

When I first read this, I thought you were saying Transy dropped a football giving UK an upset win in '41. The funny thing is if you had said that no one would think twice about it.

Reactions: scrumm21
Meetch announced this morning they're dropping EKU in favor of non scholarship Morehead St. With a win they'll lay claim to the eastern third if the state

Glad to see the Cards squeak out their first win of the season. It only took a third of the season, which is actually a little better than I was expecting after watching the Cards lose at home to Houston.

Reactions: jmalone7us
Glad to see the Cards squeak out their first win of the season. It only took a third of the season, which is actually a little better than I was expecting after watching the Cards lose at home to Houston.
A lot more impressive than "squeaking" out a victory over a pitiful USC junior squad. But hey congrats on finally winning a road game for the first time in 5 1/2 years!

Reactions: Deeva
NC State - 35
EKU - 0

You should be so proud.

Moron.

I'm disappointed in how UK played, but glad they decided to play at the end, and pulled out a game they were outplayed in.
I wouldn't take too much from the over all game though as some measuring stick on UK. EKU was jacked up because of the happenings over the Summer, After playing 3 SEC games UK thought they could show up and win. Youve got the drama during the week from Boom Williams and Stoops screwed up by saying Barker was going to get some snaps in the game, kind of assuming UK would roll adding fuel to EKU.

In the end they won, and no one will care how at the end of the year.

I'm disappointed in how UK played, but glad they decided to play at the end, and pulled out a game they were outplayed in.
I wouldn't take too much from the over all game though as some measuring stick on UK. EKU was jacked up because of the happenings over the Summer, After playing 3 SEC games UK thought they could show up and win. Youve got the drama during the week from Boom Williams and Stoops screwed up by saying Barker was going to get some snaps in the game, kind of assuming UK would roll adding fuel to EKU.

When you get outplayed on your home field by an FCS team for 53 out of 60 minutes you better come up with better reasons than that.

I'm just thankful Coach Petrino didn't give Samford any bulletin board material before we played them. That saved us!

You'd better hope that was the case. My post was meant for the cat fans that made fun of NC State, and the fact that State had NO PROBLEMS with EKU. NONE. Uk was lucky to get to overtime, having to convert on FOURTH down. You can make excuses, but there is NO excuse to have to go to overtime with an FCS team. None.

When you get outplayed on your home field by an FCS team for 53 out of 60 minutes you better come up with better reasons than that.

I'm just thankful Coach Petrino didn't give Samford any bulletin board material before we played them. That saved us!

Why? It is what it is, a letdown game nothing more nothing less.

4-1 and 2-1 in the SEC only loss being a close one to Florida that just rolled Ole Miss.

a win is win

You'd better hope that was the case. My post was meant for the cat fans that made fun of NC State, and the fact that State had NO PROBLEMS with EKU. NONE. Uk was lucky to get to overtime, having to convert on FOURTH down. You can make excuses, but there is NO excuse to have to go to overtime with an FCS team. None.

How nc state played EKU has no bearing on how UK did. Situations are entirely different game to game.

Reactions: Jonv4ky
How nc state played EKU has no bearing on how UK did. Situations are entirely different game to game.

Totally different situation in the NC State game vs EKU. NC State is a better team with more talent than Kentucky. They also have a better coaching staff. They ran better plays and prepared to beat the snot out of a team they were suppose to drill.

I think beating a poor NC State team will help UofL from here on out. Being able to get their first win against a D-1 team this season should give them a bit confidence. Honestly, if Jackson really gets going you could have a situation where you guys end up winning 7 games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think beating a poor NC State team will help UofL from here on out. Being able to get their first win against a D-1 team this season should give them a bit confidence. Honestly, if Jackson really gets going you could have a situation where you guys end up winning 7 games.

Poor NC State team ?

Arent they 4-1 just like the mighty blew ?

Cards win 8 games, while the kitties win 5, even in a garbage $EC East

Totally different situation in the NC State game vs EKU. NC State is a better team with more talent than Kentucky. They also have a better coaching staff. They ran better plays and prepared to beat the snot out of a team they were suppose to drill.

Lets review here.

UofL 45 Samford 3
NCSt 35 EKU 0
$EC welfare team wins by 7 IN OVERTIME, over 1-AA EKU AT HOME.

None of the polling and computer-based ranking systems subscribe to delusional bull$hit like that. From "game to game", MAYBE they consider if a star player was in or out of the line-up.

And I'll take a poll or a computer over the logic of any LPT football fan.

LPT Football: Home of our own ranking service...

None of the polling and computer-based ranking systems subscribe to delusional bull$hit like that. From "game to game", MAYBE they consider if a star player was in or out of the line-up.

And I'll take a poll or a computer over the logic of any LPT football fan.

LPT Football: Home of our own ranking service...

What are you rambling about? Poll or computer? what does that have to do with anything? EKU was fired up to play, UK wasn't and it showed. That's it, nothing more nothing less Zipp. I know you're wanting to grasp hold of anything with the way the 2 schools have started this year.
Congrats on the NC state win, that was a good road win.

I think beating a poor NC State team will help UofL from here on out...
NC State is ranked 51st in the country per RPI. EKU is ranked 161st.

If NC State is "poor", what is EKU?

LPT Football: Almost as good as us...

I keep hearing the SEC east is garbage and I looked it up and the SEC east alone has as many ranked teams as the entire ACC. I'm sure that's a misprint.

Reactions: DTDcatfan
What are you rambling about? Poll or computer? what does that have to do with anything?...
No problem. You're an LPT fan, and you need more of an explanation...

The EKU team that had LPT beaten is the same team that was drilled by NC State. That's the way polls and computer-based ranking systems operate. This LPT "game to game" and "has no bearing" delusion is the stuff we see from the LPT Bills of the world rationalizing how the 161st best team in the country was boat racing your boys.

...EKU was fired up to play, UK wasn't and it showed...
Actually, what I heard was that the EKU guys started celebrating a little too early and let the dung heap rise outta the turf. Tough lesson learned for them.

...I know you're wanting to grasp hold of anything with the way the 2 schools have started this year. Congrats on the NC state win, that was a good road win.
I'm fine with how the two teams have started... The Cards have played the #2 schedule in the country and come thru it statistically BETTER than LPT has against an inferior schedule. (You know better than to ask me for the stats...) And LPT looks about like they did last year at this time. We know how that turned out.

LPT Football: Don't remind us...

Last edited:
Because having better... Passing, rushing, pass deflection stats???? Are much better than being 4-1 vs 2-3 Silly Zipp, we all know that the number in the win column is all that matters..

Last edited:
Why? It is what it is, a letdown game nothing more nothing less.

4-1 and 2-1 in the SEC only loss being a close one to Florida that just rolled Ole Miss.

a win is win
You are not getting the gist of my post by simply saying it is what it is. It's obvious it was a letdown game, all teams have them but I would be more concerned with a team that immature as to get down14 points in the 4th qtr to an FCS team at home.

Congrats on the comeback I guess but you guys were one difficult catch on 4th and 3 from suffering one of the most embarrassing losses in history for a program chock full of them.

I'll be glad when we can settle this at the end of the year. Bunch of girls arguing about math.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT