ADVERTISEMENT

Is any in-state school safe for LPT to play?...

Because having better... Passing, rushing, pass deflection stats???? Are much better than being 4-1 vs 2-3 Silly Zipp, we all know that the number in the win column is all that matters..
I can't say "better", but stats are a more accurate indicator of how good a team is. For example, a 4-1 record is hard to explain with your opponents outgaining you offensively. It means that the won-lost record doesn't tell the whole story. And as they say in the financial biz, "past performance is not an indicator of future results."

Your future's not that bright unless your team improves statistically. Math and history are on my side.

LPT Football: Why do we always have to use facts?...

What are you rambling about? Poll or computer? what does that have to do with anything? EKU was fired up to play, UK wasn't and it showed. That's it, nothing more nothing less Zipp. I know you're wanting to grasp hold of anything with the way the 2 schools have started this year.
Congrats on the NC state win, that was a good road win.
The Computer (Sagarin ratings) has uk 61, NC State 37, Louisville 32, and EKU 144. Based on uk's 'performance' Saturday, it appears the Computer knows what it is talking about. You can dismiss the game all you want, but the problem is that EKU had a ton of success offensively, and that should be a concern if you are a cat fan. Good luck with the rest of your schedule.

No problem. You're an LPT fan, and you need more of an explanation...

The EKU team that had LPT beaten is the same team that was drilled by NC State. That's the way polls and computer-based ranking systems operate. This LPT "game to game" and "has no bearing" delusion is the stuff we see from the LPT Bills of the world rationalizing how the 161st best team in the country was boat racing your boys.

Actually, what I heard was that the EKU guys started celebrating a little too early and let the dung heap rise outta the turf. Tough lesson learned for them.

I'm fine with how the two teams have started... The Cards have played the #2 schedule in the country and come thru it statistically BETTER than LPT has against an inferior schedule. (You know better than to ask me for the stats...) And LPT looks about like they did last year at this time. We know how that turned out.

LPT Football: Don't remind us...

Statistics don't win games Zipp, results do.

The same Florida team that UK was a dropped TD from beating just drilled Ole Miss that beat Alabama at home. And that means absolutely nothing game to game.

The number 2 schedule? Youve played Clemson and the rest are middle of the pack teams.

You are not getting the gist of my post by simply saying it is what it is. It's obvious it was a letdown game, all teams have them but I would be more concerned with a team that immature as to get down14 points in the 4th qtr to an FCS team at home.

Congrats on the comeback I guess but you guys were one difficult catch on 4th and 3 from suffering one of the most embarrassing losses in history for a program chock full of them.

I get what you're saying, and it is worrisome a little. But There's a body of work to see.

UK football: we almost beat Fla. who beat Ole Miss who beat Alabama. Bring on the Tide

That's how they think, they don't mention that ULL lost by a combined 50 pts to Akron and LaTech, yet they could barely hold on against them. Or that weak team we just beat kicked EKU's a$$.

Reactions: Cardinals4Ever
There are years where everything falls in place for a team. Stats don't back up the record a good example was the Notre Dame team went to the title game. UK was lucky against South Carolina in getting their own fumbles back and recovering those of USC. Against Missouri their best receiver drops a TD and another receiver dropped a long pass. Those things have to happen to win to UK credit they have taken advantage. They could have easily been 0-5. They could be 5-0 as well when they made some of their own mistakes that they couldn't overcome. Florida has proven to be very good especially on defense.

They have played one good team so far with Missouri being a decent team with no offense. The front part of their schedule is really soft. The rest of the schedule gets more difficult with UNCC being the only guaranteed win. The rest of the games will be 50/50 type games except Georgia.

UK fans should be happy to be 4-1 but I doubt the majority of them believe they are a really good 4-1 team. A good team doesn't struggle against EKU, who isn't very good in their own division.

Comparing the Louisville team is tough because they could be 4-1 as well but couldn't over come their mistakes against quality teams. Auburn, Clemson, Houston, and NC State are all quality teams that can beat anyone especially if the other teams makes more mistakes.

Statistics don't win games Zipp, results do...
Stats determine the majority of your "results" in the long term. I realize you're new to football. Check your basketball team for confirmation of that.

...The same Florida team that UK was a dropped TD from beating just drilled Ole Miss that beat Alabama at home. And that means absolutely nothing game to game...
Or that the SEC just ain't that great. We have confirmation right here, SEC teams nowadays losing to a team the quality of LPT.

...The number 2 schedule? Youve played Clemson and the rest are middle of the pack teams.
realtimerpi.com

Check the 47th ranked team and the "SOS" column.

With me, you get data.

Stats determine the majority of your "results" in the long term. I realize you're new to football. Check your basketball team for confirmation of that.

Or that the SEC just ain't that great. We have confirmation right here, SEC teams nowadays losing to a team the quality of LPT.

realtimerpi.com

Check the 47th ranked team and the "SOS" column.

With me, you get data.

I'm not new to football, but stats don't mean squat Zipp, they really don't.

The SEC is down? Which conference is more likely to be left out of the playoffs, the acc or sec?
Hold on to those stats, that's all you've got right now.
Facts, you mean like 2-3 and 4-1, those are the most important facts aren't they? That's what determines bowls and such, not stats.

I'm not new to football, but stats don't mean squat Zipp, they really don't.

The SEC is down? Which conference is more likely to be left out of the playoffs, the acc or sec?
Hold on to those stats, that's all you've got right now.
Facts, you mean like 2-3 and 4-1, those are the most important facts aren't they? That's what determines bowls and such, not stats.

Bill, stats mean something or they wouldn't bother keeping them. UofK is still just UofK. Nothing special regardless and as far as I'm concerned, the SEC is just as hyped as ever. It's good football, but to hear the ESPN talking heads, SEC football is the only college football worth watching which is pure BS. I think Ohio State proved that last year, and Florida State proved it the year before that.

Getting back on topic, UofK is nothing special but then again, neither are my Cardinals this year. I will say I think UofK is slightly improved, but not to the point where they're going to win the SEC East and I still don't think they've caught up to the Cards just yet. I know you feel differently, but the good thing is we'll know for sure late November.

Last edited:
Bill, stats mean something or they wouldn't bother keeping them. UofK is still just UofK. Nothing special regardless and as far as I'm concerned, the SEC is just as hyped as ever. It's good football, but to hear the ESPN talking heads, SEC football is the only college football worth watching which is pure BS. I think Ohio State proved that last year, and Florida State proved it the year before that.

Getting back on topic, UofK is nothing special but then again, neither are my Cardinals this year. I will say I think UofK is slightly improved, but not to the point where they're going to win the SEC East and I still don't think they've caught up to the Cards just yet. I know you feel differently, but the good thing is we'll know for sure late November.

Sure they mean something, but they aren't the end all be all. They are part of the story, but not the main plot.

I think UK is better than Louisville this year. I think Louisvilles offense relies heavily on Jackson making something happen, that'll win you some games, but lose some too.

UK has the better QB, RB, WR's and probably O line. Defense's are probably closer to each other than offense is. That's my take and it could be wrong.

Sure they mean something, but they aren't the end all be all. They are part of the story, but not the main plot.

I think UK is better than Louisville this year. I think Louisvilles offense relies heavily on Jackson making something happen, that'll win you some games, but lose some too.

UK has the better QB, RB, WR's and probably O line. Defense's are probably closer to each other than offense is. That's my take and it could be wrong.
Better at QB? Bolin is every bit as good as Towles is and he only has 3 games experience. That is our backup. I'll take the 2 headed monster of Jackson and Bonnafon any day over Towles.

As far as RB goes UK better hope they get Boom Williams back. Without him they ran the ball against FCS EKU 36 times for 55 yards or 1.5 ypc.

WR is also a team strength of Louisville's. Especially if you include our 2 very talented TIght Ends. We are young but I bet Petrino would get a good chuckle if someone said UK's receivers as a group were better than Jamari Staples, Treveon Samuels, Devante Peete, James Quick and Jaylen Smith along with TEs Mickey Crum and Cole Hikutini. I'm not saying that UK doesn't have some nice looking receivers, they do but if you include the Tight Ends, It puts the Cards ahead IMO.

One thing you are right about is UKs offensive line is better than Louisville's although I was encouraged by their fight last week and wondering just how much better UK's O-line is after allowing 4 sacks against EKU and the team rushing for only 1.5 yards per carry.

On Defense UK has mostly been better than I thought they would be but I don't think this one is all that close. I don't think UK can match the talent of Rankins and Brown on the D-line, Kelsey and Burgess at LB and Harvey-Clemons, Williams, Wiggins and Washington in the secondary.

Last edited:
It's almost as if Bill hasn't watched a game. Have you seen your offense? Not exactly lighting it up. Hell EKU held you to 13 over the first 53 minutes. You're clueless and just make crap up.

If Bolin was equal to Towles, and UofL's WR talent as good as you think, he'd be starting. Not a dual threat QB that's mostly single threat.
Not true Bill. If you watch our games this year it's because Lamar gives us the best chance to win games behind an extremely shaky Offensive line. Not to mention he has freaky talent.

He is far from a finished product but his potential is unlimited. He can also make all the throws as evidenced by his touch throw to Devante Peete between 2 defenders in the end zone Saturday and his 20 yard laser to James Quick under pressure the week before. He's also the most dangerous freshman QB in space that I've seen since Michael Vick.

In the lone meeting last year between Towles and Bolin, Towles was 14 for 29 for 176 yards with 0 TDs and 2 INTs for a QB rating of 24.3. In his 12 th start of the season. Bolin was 21 for 31 for 381 yards with 3 TDs and 1 INT for a QB rating of 79.5 in his first college game.

Enjoy your season Bill you never know if 4-1 will ever come along again.

Last edited:
Spoken like a true cowardkitten fan. Sheesh man you got to grow a pair and man up to the fact that the cayuts suck.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Not true Bill. If you watch our games this year it's because Lamar gives us the best chance to win games behind an extremely shaky Offensive line. Not to mention he has freaky talent.

He is far from a finished product but his potential is unlimited. He can also make all the throws as evidenced by his touch throw to Devante Peete between 2 defenders in the end zone Saturday and his 20 yard laser to James Quick under pressure the week before. He's also the most dangerous freshman QB in space that I've seen since Michael Vick.

In the lone meeting last year between Towles and Bolin, Towles was 14 for 29 for 176 yards with 0 TDs and 2 INTs for a QB rating of 24.3. In his 12 th start of the season. Bolin was 21 for 31 for 381 yards with 3 TDs and 1 INT for a QB rating of 79.5 in his first college game.

Enjoy your season Bill you never know if 4-1 will ever come along again.

Jackson may turn out to be a great passing QB, he isn't yet. Bolin is more in the line of Petrino QBs of the past, if he had the talent of Towles he'd be starting.

I think UK is better than Louisville this year...
That's where you demonstrate how little you know. Or how willingly you'll defend subpar performance.

Stats mean EVERYTHING in the long run, e.g., by season's end. Because "the breaks even out". You'll get beat statistically and win some games, but you won't do that consistently. Knowledgeable people like coaches and bookmakers know that. It's why, as Cue said, stats are kept. Everything being equal, you could say they predict the future.

Louisville is doing better statistically than LPT against a tougher schedule as rated by objective rating services. The only reason LPT has much of a chance against U of L is that the game is in Lexington. Assuming you have a better crowd than you had Saturday.

LPT Football: As long as 15,000 Cards fans show up...

Reactions: Mayoman
Towles' QB rating is currently 64th in the country. (Aren't there about that many Power Five conference teams?)

And the Air Raid under their promising new OC is rated 95th nationally in Total Offense. There aren't quite 130 teams playing upper division football.

Impressive.

LPT Football: Wait 'til you hear that siren!...

Gotta give it to you Bill. You argue uk's case almost as hard as some of our fans!!

Keep working at it and you may pass them.

Jackson may turn out to be a great passing QB, he isn't yet. Bolin is more in the line of Petrino QBs of the past, if he had the talent of Towles he'd be starting.

Petrino has the knowledge to make different changes in how things are done, he isn't a one trick pony. If Cobb were left at QB for you guys you'd won more games, as a rival of yours I hated seeing Cobb at QB because that gave you guys the best chance to win.

That's where you demonstrate how little you know. Or how willingly you'll defend subpar performance.

Stats mean EVERYTHING in the long run, e.g., by season's end. Because "the breaks even out". You'll get beat statistically and win some games, but you won't do that consistently. Knowledgeable people like coaches and bookmakers know that. It's why, as Cue said, stats are kept. Everything being equal, you could say they predict the future.

Louisville is doing better statistically than LPT against a tougher schedule as rated by objective rating services. The only reason LPT has much of a chance against U of L is that the game is in Lexington. Assuming you have a better crowd than you had Saturday.

LPT Football: As long as 15,000 Cards fans show up...

How little I know, LOL. The last 2 games UK outgained their opponent, the 2 before the total yards were even, and ULL outgained them slightly.

How little I know, LOL. The last 2 games UK outgained their opponent, the 2 before the total yards were even, and ULL outgained them slightly.
UL Lafayette- 33. 479 yards
Kentucky- 40. 435 yards

Akron Zips- 35. 458 yards
UL Lafayette- 14. 285 yards

Akron Zipps Bill!

Those stats mean squat, just like these. Against UK, Florida had 245 total yards, against UT 392, against Ole Miss 460 see how that works. It doesn't mean anything game to game, team to team.

I'd be worried if UK had put up astronomical numbers against inferior opponents, but laid eggs against good teams.

I'd be worried if UK had put up astronomical numbers against inferior opponents, but laid eggs against good teams.

Well with your schedule your team should make a bowl game, but if you get stuck on 5 again going into our game you'll be sitting out a 5th straight bowl season. With as many bowls that there are now that's hard to do.

Those stats mean squat, just like these. Against UK, Florida had 245 total yards, against UT 392, against Ole Miss 460 see how that works. It doesn't mean anything game to game, team to team.
Now Bill you're just making numbers up. Florida had 355 yards against Ole Miss not 460 yards and Ole Miss had 328.

You also forgot to mention that in addition to Florida gaining 392 yards against UT their defense gave up 419 yards. Details and fact Bill, they usually help.

The UF UK game sounds like a game where UK treated it like a bowl game and Florida was looking ahead to playing Tennessee.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Now Bill you're just making numbers up. Florida had 355 yards against Ole Miss not 460 yards and Ole Miss had 328.

You also forgot to mention that in addition to Florida gaining 392 yards against UT their defense gave up 419 yards. Details and fact Bill, they usually help.

The UF UK game sounds like a game where UK treated it like a bowl game and Florida was looking ahead to playing Tennessee.

That was an honest mistake on the yardage for florida against Ole Miss, but still they only managed 245 against UK, still a large disparity.

So UF can overlook an SEC foe, but UK couldn't overlook an OVC for, got it.

Again, the fact is UK is 4-1 and you want to marginalize it, I get it.

Well with your schedule your team should make a bowl game, but if you get stuck on 5 again going into our game you'll be sitting out a 5th straight bowl season. With as many bowls that there are now that's hard to do.

Our schedule? We still play 8 SEC games plus you guys. News Flash, the flash in Louisville's OOC was Auburn, well they were WAY over hyped, and still beat Louisville even though you won the statistical battle.

UK will be your toughest OOC game.

That was an honest mistake on the yardage for florida against Ole Miss, but still they only managed 245 against UK, still a large disparity.

So UF can overlook an SEC foe, but UK couldn't overlook an OVC for, got it.

Again, the fact is UK is 4-1 and you want to marginalize it, I get it.
I'm not trying to marginalize it, I congratulated you on it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT