ADVERTISEMENT

Insights on Eddie Gran returning to Cincy?...

Change the names, and that's the same general crap you hear from optimistic LPT football fans EVERY year. It's gotta just be stupidity that keeps you believing it.

LPT Football: It's a fanbase prerequisite...

Yep...that and winning 4 sec games for first time is 10 years AND beating the number 11 team in the country at their place...while putting up 581 yards ...

Same ole same ole

All very very good players with NFL futures. I'm sure you'll continue to succeed. Just a,question of to what level?

I got no crystal ball. I'm not analyzing my sports teams on any 5-10-15 year look ahead. I live mostly in the now. I do see issues within the program as any fan of any team not named Alabama would as well. But I'm not entitled for some juggernaut lengthy run here. He just coached the Heisman front runner the season isn't even over yet, we still got a game left, and I'm supposed to worry about future years?

The guy gave us a good product round 1.
He's won at least 8 games each year in round 2, and we're now moving to year 4.
There is no telling when he'll move on to another job or retire, I can't hold him to some accountability for projected success.

He hung 60 on FSU won @ South Bend and beat A&M in a bowl. I'm liking those results too much to worry about the years 2019 and 2020.

I am hoping to have a competitive program I liked being part of GameDay twice this year, and look forward to being on it @ FSU next year.

How far into the future am I supposed to go? Dude there's no telling what I get on my next check-up at the doc's office.

Yep...that and winning 4 sec games for first time is 10 years AND beating the number 11 team in the country at their place...while putting up 581 yards ...
What about the title of OFFENSIVE coordinator is foreign to you? It means things like "581 yards".

Enjoy him while he's passing through the graveyard of coaches.

LPT Football: We'll suck him to too...

All very very good players with NFL futures. I'm sure you'll continue to succeed. Just a,question of to what level? Like I said...will be fun to see how it unfolds. One thing is for certain, the dialogue has changed in this rivalry for most rational parties on both sides. Later
I think we'll be just fine. Being part of the playoff discussion for the majority of the season along with Lamars Heisman run has kept our name on the national scene all season. UofL has a Top 25 recruiting class and looking to add several more as the weeks wind down.

Not my intention to high jack the thread. And I've still been around and put my two cents in from time to time when a thread pertained to UK and I could add a different perspective from one of your main rivals. There just hasn't been many topics pertaining to UK over the course of the year given your boards focus on the playoffs, heisman, etc. AnD rightfully so.

As far as the original topic at hand around the prospect of Gran leaving having a debilitating effect going forward and the tangential topic of Petrinos success...I think they go hand in hand based on numerous theads over the years since Stoops and Petrino have been at the two schools. I've read in heregards many many times that Stoops is not a good coach, can't develop talert, can't manage a game and UL will forever dominate us as long as he is in place. The OP has been one of them mis the vocal with that premise. I argued in the past that althought Stoops has definitely had his growing pains as a head coach he is clearly some one who's past successes with players, defenses doesn't jive with the concrete mindset that he is destined to fail and is the next Krag or Joker. Which was never the case to UK fans that knew football and paid attention to the progress.

On the flip side, the overwhelming thought process of this board and from the OP had beenough that Petrino will forever succeed....which based on his history of winning isn't that unrealistic. That he was a superior developer of players and play caller. These traits are seen to overshadow his mediocre recruiting chops and general prickly personality. With the recent losses and lack of success in the Oline specifically, I have seen that mindset challenged by some. With that I threw my two cents in aboit two preexisting schools of thought about the two coaches.
Success at UK has definitely been hard to achieve and even harder to maintain. It will be very interesting to see if Stoops formula is different from the past and sustainable. We are hopeful it is mainly because of the greater sustained success in attracting the Jimmies and the Joes. On the flip side, it will be equally interesting to see how Petrino fares longer term when he is playing year in and out with his own recruits in a power 5 conference. Those were my underlying points
After four years, are we the only team with a winning record that Stoops has beaten? And that win was solely due to what Houston done to our ego....we still were an unforced fumble from beating a defenseless Kentucky team.

After four years, are we the only team with a winning record that Stoops has beaten? And that win was solely due to what Houston done to our ego....we still were an unforced fumble from beating a defenseless Kentucky team.
Yes, UofL is the only team with a winning record that he is beaten. A disinterested Cards team, but a team with a winning record none the less.

What a laughable take. Someone posts about wondering if gran will be in the mix for the uc job and your take is that UofL fans are "hoping" he leaves? Any desire to see him leave would be simply to continue to laugh at the instability of the yut staff.

Btw, your little run resulted from two walk off FGs - you probably shouldn't plan for those type of gifts in the future.
One of UK's losses was also on a walk-off FG. Over time those kind of things even themselves out.

One of UK's losses was also on a walk-off FG. Over time those kind of things even themselves out.
With good programs they do - not with the kentuckys of the world. The kentuckys of the world find a way to lose 3 to 4 games for every one win that they stumble into.

History backs me up on this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT