ADVERTISEMENT

Injury Report Before Virginia Game

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
For Louisville, they have a trio of impactful injuries heading into the Virginia game

Starting left tackle Monroe Mills suffered what appeared to be a knee injury in the SMU game, with head coach Jeff Brohm saying it will "knock him out" for a while. However, Brohm does anticipate him to return at some undisclosed point in time.

As for star corner Quincy Riley, he's still questionable to return from his foot injury, with Brohm mentioning it will be "when he feels healthy enough to play." Starting defensive tackle Dezmond Tell had to miss the SMU game with a "lower extremity injury," with Brohm calling him "doubtful" to play against the Cavaliers.

Reactions: 2330859
Thank you Shadow; you are an excellent resource that I appreciate.

For those who want some explanation for the upset by SMU; aside from SMU’s superb performance and a horrible officiating call …….INJURIES, once again continue to hurt UL. These 3 injuries, in addition to losing Turner provides sufficient understanding for why we are not playing up to the expectations that we had preseason.

I know we heard all about depth, but it’s not covering some of the most critical positions like OT, DT, CB and RB.

Thank you Shadow; you are an excellent resource that I appreciate.

For those who want some explanation for the upset by SMU; aside from SMU’s superb performance and a horrible officiating call …….INJURIES, once again continue to hurt UL. These 3 injuries, in addition to losing Turner provides sufficient understanding for why we are not playing up to the expectations that we had preseason.

I know we heard all about depth, but it’s not covering some of the most critical positions like OT, DT, CB and RB.
Every team has injuries, some worse than others that's for sure, but the Cards injuries are NOT the reason for the two losses.

Just two horrible calls by the refs however was enough to lose two games, each by one score. Had the Cards not been robbed and won those two games, they would be undefeated and ranked in the top 10.

Injuries would still be there as would expectations that the Cards would still win. Every season we fans should expect players to get injured, but having the depth to overcome them is something we haven't seen a lot here at Louisville.

It's my opinion we do this season, but as we have seen this team still lacks good luck, fair officiating and smarter play calling.

But college football is whacked anyway these days. No one knows who's going to get upset each week. Vandy loses to Georgia State but beats #1 Alabama.

I honestly have no idea where the Cards will finish. They could win out or not even become bowl eligible. I think we can all agree though that if Shough gets injured, there's no depth there and the season would not be successful.

I honestly have no idea where the Cards will finish. They could win out or not even become bowl eligible. I
I agree with this take. It's not totally crazy to think we could win out, on the other hand it's not totally crazy to think we could lose out either. Can't remember ever having this take on our football team. There's normally games you can point to as pretty sure wins or losses but I'm not seeing either on our schedule this year with the way we play.

Reactions: Mayoman
I agree with this take. It's not totally crazy to think we could win out, on the other hand it's not totally crazy to think we could lose out either. Can't remember ever having this take on our football team. There's normally games you can point to as pretty sure wins or losses but I'm not seeing either on our schedule this year with the way we play.
What's frustrating is even with these two losses, the Cards were right there to win if just a couple breaks went their way. It's not like we have been ran off the field or dominated.

We have definitely not played as well as I thought we would, but we haven't been hugely disappointing either. Shough is the QB we needed and not another Jack Plummer. The receivers including the TE's have been effective and Issac Brown is the next star RB here at Louisville.

The defense has been a bit of a disappointment, but at the same time has also showed the talent enough not to not be blown out. The defense has seen really good QB play starting with Jax State. Defensive adjustments have been successful during the games, but unfortunately the adjustments between games hasn't gone as well.

It's hard to believe that we're going to continue to lose close games like these last two. One would think the lucky breaks would balance out a little and Louisville doesn't have to kick a teams ass to win a football game?

Just look at this betting line against Virginia. How are we 7.5 favorites on the road against a 4 and 1 team who has a running threat QB? Louisville is still perceived as a very good team if unfortunate circumstances would ever get out of the way.

What's frustrating is even with these two losses, the Cards were right there to win if just a couple breaks went their way. It's not like we have been ran off the field or dominated.

We have definitely not played as well as I thought we would, but we haven't been hugely disappointing either. Shough is the QB we needed and not another Jack Plummer. The receivers including the TE's have been effective and Issac Brown is the next star RB here at Louisville.

The defense has been a bit of a disappointment, but at the same time has also showed the talent enough not to not be blown out. The defense has seen really good QB play starting with Jax State. Defensive adjustments have been successful during the games, but unfortunately the adjustments between games hasn't gone as well.

It's hard to believe that we're going to continue to lose close games like these last two. One would think the lucky breaks would balance out a little and Louisville doesn't have to kick a teams ass to win a football game?

Just look at this betting line against Virginia. How are we 7.5 favorites on the road against a 4 and 1 team who has a running threat QB? Louisville is still perceived as a very good team if unfortunate circumstances would ever get out of the way.
You sstill have time to get into this weeks PIC UM challeng. Please go for it. Good fotune to you.

The defense has been a bit of a disappointment
To me the defense has been a HUGE disappointment. Coming into the season everybody you talked to around the program was saying this could be the best overall Defense we've ever had, along with having good depth. I give them credit for the last 2 1/2 quarters at ND but other than that we've given up a lot of big plays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT