ADVERTISEMENT

In Praise of Sean Moth

Jack Coffee

4500+
Staff
Sep 18, 2006
Most times we don't appreciate what we have until we don't have it. Such was the case Saturday when Sean Moth was unable to radio broadcast the baseball game due to a conflict with basketball. I like Don Russell and he does a good job with Women's Basketball on TV. But it was easy to see and hear that he was a little out of his comfort zone on the Brown vs. Cards broadcast. His announcing was not up to par with the regular, Sean Moth. With that said he was better then some I have heard from other ACC schools.
But I am comparing him to the best. Sean does all the Cardinal games by himself for nine innings (or longer). As a matter of fact I can remember no other baseball announcer that doesn't have a color man (or woman). And Sean is fantastic. He is always prepared with trivia about both teams and has correct pronunciation of all players. He is a stat maniac and constantly feeds the listener interesting info throughout the game. He also sings 'Take me out to the ball game' during the seventh inning stretch. His announcing adds a lot to basketball and football games and gives a professional air to the contests. Louisville is fortunate to have Seam Moth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News