ADVERTISEMENT

Impact of COVID on upcoming season?

I drink 6 bottles of water at a game. Popcorn, one kernel at a time. :cool: Which reminds me, I need to look to see if one unopened bottle of water per person is allowed again.

I've read about a lot of UofL fans on Twitter who will not be attending games in person with the new policy in place out of fear of exposure. I was surprised by how many are saying "nope, not me". I am fully vaccinated and plan to attend the games and wear a mask. What's the general consensus here...Yay or Nay on attending the games under the honor system for vaccination and wearing a mask?

I plan to wear a mask as well. It bothers me that undoubtedly some will decide to shirk on the rules. In particular I’m sure people won’t adhere to the guidance on mask wearing indoors (ie: the restrooms). Not looking forward to the confrontations that will invite. If people are asshats then it may sway me to not attend. My suggestion is: be considerate and follow the rules. I believe that True UofL fans will follow the rules.

I don't begrudge anyone who has genuine concerns about covid, but I don't take anyone who wears a t-shirt over their face seriously - they either 1) haven't thought about this critically or 2) just want to virtue signal. Cloth masks are a absolutely worthless. If I'm legit afraid I'm going to fall extremely ill or worse, or make someone else extremely ill or worse, I'm not putting an f'n tshirt over my face! Seriously think about that. At least wear a legit surgical mask if you're going to wear one or criticize those who don't.

Last edited:
I don't begrudge anyone who has genuine concerns about covid, but I don't take anyone who wears a t-shirt over their face seriously - they either 1) haven't thought about this critically or 2) just want to virtue signal. Cloth masks are a absolutely worthless. If I'm legit afraid I'm going to fall extremely ill or worse, or make someone else extremely ill or worse, I'm not putting an f'n tshirt over my face! Seriously think about that. At least wear a legit surgical mask if you're going to wear one or criticize those who don't.
I wear an approved KN95. I’m surprised that getting people high quality masks hasn’t been a higher priority.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
Covid19 and its Delta variant are clearly deadly viruses, and I respect anyone’s personal decision about their level of protection. With that said, I remain perplexed by the lack of recognition given to the Sweden model, and how it’s refusal from the start of this epidemic to initiate social-distancing, masking and other safeguards has compared favorably to its 2 neighbors (Norway and Denmark) who executed far greater disciplines. Maybe insufficient data by itself, but certainly worthy of at least examination.

Wishing safety to all! I believe knucklehank is 100% correct, if you follow science and elect to wear a mask, it should be the N95.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
Beshear just called a special session. Hoping it doesn't affect football short of mask mandate.

Beshear just called a special session. Hoping it doesn't affect football short of mask mandate.
Yeah let’s mandate masks so that college football fans in Kentucky can sit around outside looking like jackasses wearing face diapers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT