ADVERTISEMENT

Impact of COVID on upcoming season?

Oh really kook aid drinker your another one saying if you don’t get the vaccine your the problem but yet you ignore your Democrat party spreading the vaccine through the open border. That is what one would call hypocrisy but like you said your post is nothing but noise.

Actually I applaud your decision to get the vaccine. I think it’s a responsible thing to do. There are many people who cannot get the vaccine or who are immune-compromised that your decision benefits. It also lessens the chance of the virus entering your body and mutating. In my faith tradition what you have done is a selfless act that protects others. “Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. (Philippians 2:4) Well done!

Reactions: putter23
Instead of lockdowns, you will be seeing a lot more "No Vaxx, No Service" events [or proof of negative Covid test]. New Orleans Saints are doing it.

I am a non smoker and have never smoked. It’s a fact that second hand smoke has caused lung cancer. For at least the last 20 years I refuse to go into ANY establishment that allows smoking. I do not protest, I just avoid those environments. If someone doesn’t want to be around unvaccinated individuals it’s their right to avoid them and or wear a mask or maybe two mask 😷. Just saying

I am an independent contractor who does some government work and in order to continue to receive that work getting the vaccine was one of the requirements. If you are going to go after any group for not getting vaccinated then you should go after the African American community. They are the largest ethnic group that is not getting vaccinated. Oh wait you can’t do that because the majority of them vote democrat and that wouldn’t support ANOTHER false narrative.

I still blame the Biden administration since they are letting illegal aliens flood across our border with Covid and they are refusing to take the vaccine and then they are being redistributed to cities all across our country. However once again all the kool Aid drinkers out there refuse to admit it. While we’re at it let’s look at the current inflation problem that is being caused by the Biden administration, or the failure at our southern border, or the failed policies in Afghanistan that is receiving world wide condemnation.

Welcome back to the Jimmy Carter years everyone, well actually this is worse than Jimmy Carter. At least it took Carter 2 years to prove he was a failure the Biden administration has proven their failure in 8 months.

Reactions: BarrenCountyCard
the failed policies in Afghanistan that is receiving world wide condemnation.

Welcome back to the Jimmy Carter years everyone, well actually this is worse than Jimmy Carter. At least it took Carter 2 years to prove he was a failure the Biden administration has proven their failure in 8 months.

Well to be fair, Afghanistan was doomed to be a failure whether we leave 10 years ago, yesterday, next Wednesday at 4pm, or 20 years from now. There's no good way to exit, only bad ways with bad results. My guess is this is why neither Obama nor Trump pulled us out once in office while calling for it as a candidate. It's an awful awful nightmare and as a conservative I take no joy in watching this unfold but I am glad we're getting out.

The decision of getting out was already made and the execution of doing that was not as difficult as many are stating.

It could have been done safely without chaos in a couple of weeks. First, you clear everyone you plan on evacuating before you move anything. You make sure you have enough flights and you clear roads to the airport. You do this with US troops.

While this is happening, you remove or destroy any and all equipment that you don't want the taliban to seize. You use as much security as needed to deter the taliban from even thinking about interceding.

As people are being flown out, you keep a modest force to secure the process and when all civilians are removed, then you move the troops out, leaving nothing for the taliban.

This could take three weeks but it doesn't matter. This could have been done rather easily. The reason it didn't was due to the arrogance of democrats, who don't give a rats ass about all those people. They only do now because the chaos is their doing and that effects them politically.

As for America being there for 20 years, that's another story and plenty of blame for both parties. But what has happened the past several days was easily foreseeable and should have been anticipated. The Democrats currently control virtually all the federal government. They own this debacle.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
The decision of getting out was already made and the execution of doing that was not as difficult as many are stating.

It could have been done safely without chaos in a couple of weeks. First, you clear everyone you plan on evacuating before you move anything. You make sure you have enough flights and you clear roads to the airport. You do this with US troops.

While this is happening, you remove or destroy any and all equipment that you don't want the taliban to seize. You use as much security as needed to deter the taliban from even thinking about interceding.

As people are being flown out, you keep a modest force to secure the process and when all civilians are removed, then you move the troops out, leaving nothing for the taliban.

This could take three weeks but it doesn't matter. This could have been done rather easily. The reason it didn't was due to the arrogance of democrats, who don't give a rats ass about all those people. They only do now because the chaos is their doing and that effects them politically.

As for America being there for 20 years, that's another story and plenty of blame for both parties. But what has happened the past several days was easily foreseeable and should have been anticipated. The Democrats currently control virtually all the federal government. They own this debacle.
Biden owned it. Refreshing to see a president take accountability. That’s been missing the previous 4 years.

I still blame the Biden administration since they are letting illegal aliens flood across our border with Covid and they are refusing to take the vaccine and then they are being redistributed to cities all across our country. However once again all the kool Aid drinkers out there refuse to admit it. While we’re at it let’s look at the current inflation problem that is being caused by the Biden administration, or the failure at our southern border, or the failed policies in Afghanistan that is receiving world wide condemnation.

Take a deep breath. I know Democrats are the reason your life is awful. We are all evil, baby eating, devil worshipers, after all. Afghanistan is a failure spawning 4 presidencies. Biden took what Trump negotiated, and had the guts to see it through. Regarding African Americans and the vaccination, their body their choice, right? That’s what all these white MAGAs tell us. Lastly, seek therapy.

My problem with Democrats is you want stuff you can’t afford so you just pass laws that everyone has to buy it for you. Why don’t you just go out and earn it and pay for it yourself. Like abortion if you want one that’s fine it’s up to you but I shouldn’t have to pay for it.

If you want health insurance choose a plan and pay for it like I do. If you want a good paying job earn it like I do, don’t expect it to be given to you because of your race or gender. If you want to live in a nice neighborhood work for it and earn it don’t expect the tax payers to pay your house note.

In regards to Biden the guy looks like he is a wax figure just out of the morgue. He barely had enough energy to give a speech. I think it is funny you think it is refreshing that Biden owns it. Because he has been blaming every failure he’s had in the past 8 months on Trump.

When I watch news and they are showing the Secretary of Defense or the Secretary of State or anybody from this administration give a press conference they look bush league. These people are so clueless it is comical to watch. I can’t wait to see what calamity will happen next.

Ah me....getting too old for this.not a Trump fan, not a Biden fan....different reasons.
World changes every day, sometimes good, sometimes hate it.

Ready for football and to cheer the kids on and maybe trade insults with rival fans.

Glad I'm a minister in real life. Gives me something to hold on to.

Sure is some ugly times we are living these days. I can’t wait to have college football to take my mind off crap for the day. 😎
I totally agree. But like my Father said frequently.....Misery loves company. Some folks are only happy when they are miserable.

If I had one wish come true from a Genie...it would be: leave politics off the sports message board please....life is depressing enough without all of that garbage creeping into sports too. Play the games and just do it without the PC BS etc, etc. Rant over.

I totally agree. But like my Father said frequently.....Misery loves company. Some folks are only happy when they are miserable.

If I had one wish come true from a Genie...it would be: leave politics off the sports message board please....life is depressing enough without all of that garbage creeping into sports too. Play the games and just do it without the PC BS etc, etc. Rant over.

Rants always makes one feel better until you read the next news flash. Personally, the fear of messing with our FB season is real. But then I realize there’s a big picture out there. Much bigger than FB.

I hope you are well, Mayo. Are you coming in for games this year?

Reactions: Mayoman
Rants always makes one feel better until you read the next news flash. Personally, the fear of messing with our FB season is real. But then I realize there’s a big picture out there. Much bigger than FB.

I hope you are well, Mayo. Are you coming in for games this year?
I know, I know. Ranting only assuages the soul for a short period of time. I too, fear that football will be a casualty of COVID Variant to cut the season somehow. I pray not but have little faith it won't.

So far my wife and I have done pretty well not getting sick even with a cold or regular flu knock on wood.

My whole month of September is taken up and coming to the 502 is not in the plans. Going down to New Mexico to spend some time with my son and g/son. Driving, not flying so that will be interesting to see if these old bones are up to that. o_O

I hope to make at least one game in oct and/or nov but we will see if that can happen or not. Sure would like to meet up with some of you folks again to share a brew or two...Lol or 12 or 22. :p;)

Take good care of you and yours until we meet up again. Cheers!!!

Reactions: gocds and PHCARD
I just went to the CDC website and I downloaded a dataset for the entire outbreak, 1/1/20 through 8/11/21. You can do this too:

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Deaths-by-Sex-and-Age/9bhg-hcku

For the entire pandemic for the entire country, the 0-17 age group had 52,672 total deaths from all causes, with 354 of them being COVID. This means 52,318 died from something other than COVID, including 859 from pneumonia and 188 from the flu.

Any child's death is tragic and 1 is too many (I'm a parent and if my kid I wouldn't care about statistics), but with 354 deaths for 0-17 the entire pandemic across our entire country I don't agree that the virus is ravaging the young. They are almost not affected.

By comparison, 65 & over total to 482,727 COVID deaths. Very very deadly for older folks. I took an older family member to the ER at 1am and it was horrifying. That person ended up in the hospital for a month.

You don't have to be an expert virologist to look at this data and see where the risks are. Thankfully those folks can all get vaccinated, and the data shows that it is almost perfect in keeping those folks from getting serious illness. I'm not for a mandate or saying people should get it, that's a personal decision and it's out there if you want it.

For the most part I totally agree with this. Politics ruins sports because those who watch sports are competitive people who tend to not like the other team. Adding political opinions with competitive people and a name calling contest will ensue.

This thread was about Covid and how it will effect sports. That in itself is a political discussion because the virus has been politicized. Probably why the thread hasn't been locked down already. The politics are unfortunately relevant with sports today.

X: You would be doing yourself a favor if you examined the facts before accepting Biden’s misguided effort by throwing “the previous administration” into Joe’s disastrous exit from Kabul.

Michael Pompeo provided a rather comprehensive explanation for the strategy that Trump’s Administration had negotiated with the Taliban; one that had defined the US exit as conditional on the Taliban following all of the requirements they had agreed to. That agreement required the US troops remaining in place until all of the conditions were met by the Taliban, which included the orderly evacuation of those identified as supportive of our 20 year mission.

You only heard what you wanted to hear from Biden. Yes, he did acknowledge the obvious by using the Harry Truman “the buck stops with me”, statement. However, he went on to blame the Afghanistan Army, the Trump Administration and those previous administrations over the last 20 years for his own total lack of preparation.

While the vast majority of Americans support the departure of our troops, no one other than Biden would ever support the manner in which this exit took place. That is why Biden alone bears 100% responsibility for this disaster.

X: You would be doing yourself a favor if you examined the facts before accepting Biden’s misguided effort by throwing “the previous administration” into Joe’s disastrous exit from Kabul.

Michael Pompeo provided a rather comprehensive explanation for the strategy that Trump’s Administration had negotiated with the Taliban; one that had defined the US exit as conditional on the Taliban following all of the requirements they had agreed to. That agreement required the US troops remaining in place until all of the conditions were met by the Taliban, which included the orderly evacuation of those identified as supportive of our 20 year mission.

You only heard what you wanted to hear from Biden. Yes, he did acknowledge the obvious by using the Harry Truman “the buck stops with me”, statement. However, he went on to blame the Afghanistan Army, the Trump Administration and those previous administrations over the last 20 years for his own total lack of preparation.

While the vast majority of Americans support the departure of our troops, no one other than Biden would ever support the manner in which this exit took place. That is why Biden alone bears 100% responsibility for this disaster.
You can't tell me I hear what I want then use someone (Pompeo) who says what you want to hear. The long and short of it is, we needed to go. Biden did the next president a huge favor. Trump, Obama, W., all failed in that regard. Trump negotiated with the Taliban, Biden saw it through. Afghani forces putting up a zero fight, yes, that's on them. And, again, Biden 100% bears responsibility. To say Trump wasn't a part of it, though, or the Afghani's weren't a part of it, would be ignoring reality. Cheer up! The 1/6 Trump Insurrection is now getting overlooked. You should be praising Biden.

Reactions: gocds
You can't tell me I hear what I want then use someone (Pompeo) who says what you want to hear. The long and short of it is, we needed to go. Biden did the next president a huge favor. Trump, Obama, W., all failed in that regard. Trump negotiated with the Taliban, Biden saw it through. Afghani forces putting up a zero fight, yes, that's on them. And, again, Biden 100% bears responsibility. To say Trump wasn't a part of it, though, or the Afghani's weren't a part of it, would be ignoring reality. Cheer up! The 1/6 Trump Insurrection is now getting overlooked. You should be praising Biden.
Your comments are spot on. 233 is a close personal friend but, in his eyes, no republican has ever done any wrong. And on that point 233 is mistaken. Let’s get back to football.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: CardX
Wow....this has gone sideways. The troops needed to come home, but the withdrawal has been hideously managed. Recent revelations from the Washington Post state that Bidens claim of the Afghan military was overstated by 125,000. The estimations of the Taliban understated by the same.
So it was 175K afghan military, 200K Taliban. The decision to NOT defend the Military airfield and instead Kabul left no air defense....and eliminated 50K MORE Afghan troops.
These decisions by the Biden ADMINISTRATION show they never played the board game Risk.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Your comments are spot on. 233 is a close personal friend but, in his eyes, no republican has ever done any wrong. And on that point 233 is mistaken. Let’s get back to football.

GO CARDS!!!
1,000% that.

GO CARDS!!!
And you expect some to go back to FB talk after that comment. 🤣

So yeah sorry for the thread I didn't intend to pit UofL fans against each other I should have known the topic was just too delicate to put out there. I wasn't really trying to argue about the ins and outs of COVID and the political nature of it all.

My memory isn't the best and I recall COVID protocols wrecking last year for a lot of teams, with game cancellations and players opting out, or being forced to sit out, etc.

Wasn't aware of all the rules teams follow and was looking at discussing that part of the issue, but I'm not trying to silence anybody either. Just wanted to say sorry for putting a potential divisive topic on the board.

Last year the SEC rules were basically you're gonna play if you can suit up I think it was 56 players. This year it's a certain number of players, a cancelled game is forfeit....no makeup.

Theres also a league suggested % of vaccinated players. I saw Pitt I believe is at a hundred %. Does the ACC have a set protocol for green light on games or is it up to each school?

So yeah sorry for the thread I didn't intend to pit UofL fans against each other I should have known the topic was just too delicate to put out there. I wasn't really trying to argue about the ins and outs of COVID and the political nature of it all.

My memory isn't the best and I recall COVID protocols wrecking last year for a lot of teams, with game cancellations and players opting out, or being forced to sit out, etc.

Wasn't aware of all the rules teams follow and was looking at discussing that part of the issue, but I'm not trying to silence anybody either. Just wanted to say sorry for putting a potential divisive topic on the board.
well, here is the answer to the question of protocols.
"the ACC updated its testing guidelines. Fully vaccinated individuals are no longer subject to surveillance testing. Unvaccinated individuals on a team with a vaccination rate of less than 85% must be tested at least three times a week with a PCR test. Unvaccinated individuals on a team with a vaccination rate of 85% or higher must be tested once a week.

Six ACC universities -- Boston College, Duke, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest -- are requiring vaccinations for students unless they have a religious or medical exemption."

Also, teams unable to play will be given an L...if both teams can't play, both get L's.

STOP the politics. Go to Twit or any other SM forum. The subject is FB and Covid and how it could effect our upcoming season.

Now back to our regular scheduled programming. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: SoulSr
No vax and no mask here, period. I respect anyone who wants to be vaxed or wear a mask. But respect my choice at the same time. If you are that worried, wear 2 or 3 masks, or just stay home in your bubble. My body likes fresh air, and I refuse TY inject myself with something that isn't a vaccination at all other than label for political purposes, nor is it FDA approved. It's also had more adverse reactions than all other vaccines world wide since sometime around 1970 or earlier. But by all means, fall in line if you so choose.
Wow.

Well the announcement changed things, but it isn’t changing me.
I can’t pretend and I’m not wearing a mask sitting outside.
2 years and there is no end in sight.
Too much to say that no one wants to hear around here.
My family has had our tickets since Howard’s first game. 36 years.
I never thought I’d stop going to games or not owning tickets due to a public health matter.
It’s been fun…except the Cooper and Krag eras, and Bobby’s last season. This program went places we could only dream of while sitting on the Sunny Side at the old place.
It’s over for me, I’m not going anymore.
I still have every ticket stub of every game, home, away and bowls.
I’m not complying on my own dollar. I can’t see how that would be fun or enjoyable or encouraging for future support.
It’s all down hill from here.
Section 207 Row W….see you later
I’m out

Well the announcement changed things, but it isn’t changing me.
I can’t pretend and I’m not wearing a mask sitting outside.
2 years and there is no end in sight.
Too much to say that no one wants to hear around here.
My family has had our tickets since Howard’s first game. 36 years.
I never thought I’d stop going to games or not owning tickets due to a public health matter.
It’s been fun…except the Cooper and Krag eras, and Bobby’s last season. This program went places we could only dream of while sitting on the Sunny Side at the old place.
It’s over for me, I’m not going anymore.
I still have every ticket stub of every game, home, away and bowls.
I’m not complying on my own dollar. I can’t see how that would be fun or enjoyable or encouraging for future support.
It’s all down hill from here.
Section 207 Row W….see you later
I’m out
I’m not understanding you are out,when the announcement is no masks?

I didn’t save all my stubs but I too started with Howard. I’ll be damned if Covid sucks would make me give up my seats for good. I too was selling (for a loss) if it was masked or getting my butt tackled by the mask police.

The only media I noted today was on the premium board, someone copied WLKY Twitter & no masks outside. ????

Edit: so they think we are wearing a mask to the restroom? 😉

Last edited:
It was stated masks required inside or outside if not vaccinated unless you are corporate elite “inside” your suite. I’m not vaccinated, nor will I be.
it is what it is. I have my personal principles. I will at least be morally decent and not force my way in with white lies.
I can’t do it.

Links​

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - With the threat presented by COVID-19 across the state of Kentucky due to the highly transmissible Delta variant, the University of Louisville has announced its protocols for the upcoming 2021 football season at Cardinal Stadium.

Beginning with the Sept. 11 home opener versus Eastern Kentucky, fans attending any of the seven home games will be required to adhere to the most updated COVID policies.

Regardless of vaccination status, all fans, staff and vendors attending a UofL home football game will be required to wear a mask while visiting any indoor area on the UofL campus inclusive of indoor areas within the stadium except while actively eating or drinking.

Indoor spaces at Cardinal stadium include Restrooms, PNC Club, Brown & Williamson Club, Pepsi Club, the press box, elevators, and any other spaces that are fully enclosed.

Fans seated in the suites will not be required to wear a mask in the privacy of their individual suite.

Masks will not be required in the concourse areas, in the upper or lower seating bowls of the stadium, or within outdoor club seating.

In accordance with CDC guidelines, it is recommended that unvaccinated fans should wear a mask at all times when around others both indoors and outdoors except while actively eating or drinking.

I've read about a lot of UofL fans on Twitter who will not be attending games in person with the new policy in place out of fear of exposure. I was surprised by how many are saying "nope, not me". I am fully vaccinated and plan to attend the games and wear a mask. What's the general consensus here...Yay or Nay on attending the games under the honor system for vaccination and wearing a mask?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT