ADVERTISEMENT

If UK throws another season

Hard2Bluff

New Poster, Show Me Love
Sep 8, 2009
Would you welcome them as UL FOOTBALL fans, although they have much hate for UL basketball?

Personally, I wore a UTenn when Curry was at UK in protest. Im about ready to buy a UL Football shirt. I still dont like UL bball. Is this possible and how would I be received by the UL faithful? Kinda like UK basketball fans and Bama Football fans...

ASKING FOR A FRIEND!

Would you welcome them as UL FOOTBALL fans, although they have much hate for UL basketball?

Personally, I wore a UTenn when Curry was at UK in protest. Im about ready to buy a UL Football shirt. I still dont like UL bball. Is this possible and how would I be received by the UL faithful? Kinda like UK basketball fans and Bama Football fans...
You would be welcomed but after spending 9 years near Lexington Ive heard this stuff before during Petrino's first stint in the Ville.

The same UK fans that said great things about Cardinal football and how they had no hatred for the football program turned into the usual a-holes they were after the actual UK-UofL game. Especially after another Cardinal victory. That's ok though to me.

You would be welcomed but after spending 9 years near Lexington Ive heard this stuff before during Petrino's first stint in the Ville.

The same UK fans that said great things about Cardinal football and how they had no hatred for the football program turned into the usual a-holes they were after the actual UK-UofL game. Especially after another Cardinal victory. That's ok though to me.
UK can never catch up with UL football. Im convinced.

I'm reportedly the world's biggest LPT hater, but that ends with repentance and/or acknowledgement. For me, that door is open; just stay on our football board.

(Piece of trivia: LPT has run 23 offensive plays in their last three quarters.)

LPT Football: The lifeboats are ready...

Why would anyone ever trade the blue? People world-wide dream of making the pilgrimage to Lexington once in their lifetime. Stoops will be fine , he just needs more time to get his players in. It's time to unleash Kash.

Reactions: gocds and atiba
I'll bet those same people were Alabama football fans during the three years before Charlie Strong started.

Not gonna mention any other names.

ASKING FOR A FRIEND!
Absolutely. I gave up on UK FB when they hired Claiborne instead of making a run at Schnellenberger. I never followed Cardinal FB until the Pipe arrived. I was then all in. It has been a heck of a ride (with a couple of bumps in the road) and gets better every year. The more supporters we attract, the better IMO.

The Cats were making a valiant comeback led by Kash but just ran out of time. We just need to have a faster start. Next year is a sure win against the Gator's. Nobody whoops us 31 yrs in a row.

Let's face it... A helluva lot of our fanbase was raised or used to be LPT fans to varying degrees. The first big time basketball game I ever attended was an LPT game.

That door had to be open in the past, and it has to remain open today. You burn your blue stuff, and you enter the Promised Land.

LPT Football: Hell on Earth...

Why would anyone ever trade the blue? People world-wide dream of making the pilgrimage to Lexington once in their lifetime. Stoops will be fine , he just needs more time to get his players in. It's time to unleash Kash.
I agree. You guys should renew and extend his contract.

Reactions: atiba

ASKING FOR A FRIEND!

I think the better question H2B is how will you be perceived by your peers!!!! Personally I say all that Cheer for the Red are welcomed and who knows maybe they will be fully converted by the time it's all said and done.

Living here in TX I have bumped into several fans from the Commonwealth. A few have been Cards Fans like me but the majority have been Blue! We can have very civil conversations because we recognize it's all about the state! Hell we are fighting the stigma of being hillbillies and kissing cousins. I always I'm from the City!

I also think it depends on how much you dislike the hoops team. It's hard to rationalize a fan rooting feverishly for one team and spitting venom for another. If you cheered for football and just wiped your hands clean come basketball season I think you would be good. But again how would your fellow Blue Bloods see you?!

Reactions: Mayoman
I think the better question H2B is how will you be perceived by your peers!!!! Personally I say all that Cheer for the Red are welcomed and who knows maybe they will be fully converted by the time it's all said and done.

Living here in TX I have bumped into several fans from the Commonwealth. A few have been Cards Fans like me but the majority have been Blue! We can have very civil conversations because we recognize it's all about the state! Hell we are fighting the stigma of being hillbillies and kissing cousins. I always I'm from the City!

I also think it depends on how much you dislike the hoops team. It's hard to rationalize a fan rooting feverishly for one team and spitting venom for another. If you cheered for football and just wiped your hands clean come basketball season I think you would be good. But again how would your fellow Blue Bloods see you?!
I dont care how the UK blue bloods see me. Im my own man. Stupid is as stupid does.

I'm reportedly the world's biggest LPT hater, but that ends with repentance and/or acknowledgement. For me, that door is open; just stay on our football board.

Nah, Zipp, you're not really that bad. At least you're open and honest about how you feel about certain subjects--whether it's UK, Bailout Arena (your words, not mine), etc. I'd rather deal with someone like you who tells it like it is than someone who smiles to your face and stabs you in the back. I cannot stand fake people who are too afraid to say what they're thinking or what they believe.

And although I won't be rooting for UL on Saturday night, I do have to say what Louisville has done with its football program is damn impressive. You seldom sign highly ranked recruiting classes but then somehow go out and beat the snot out of SEC teams like Florida and Texas A&M. You continually lose coaches to bigger programs but simply go out and hire another one and don't skip a beat.

It pains me to say it, but Louisville is the model for programs like UK, Kansas, and countless other historically downtrodden football programs who never thought they could win.

Enjoy ESPN Gameday and the awesome opportunity of being in the national spotlight. UL has more than earned it.

Nah, Zipp, you're not really that bad. At least you're open and honest about how you feel about certain subjects--whether it's UK, Bailout Arena (your words, not mine), etc. I'd rather deal with someone like you who tells it like it is than someone who smiles to your face and stabs you in the back. I cannot stand fake people who are too afraid to say what they're thinking or what they believe.

And although I won't be rooting for UL on Saturday night, I do have to say what Louisville has done with its football program is damn impressive. You seldom sign highly ranked recruiting classes but then somehow go out and beat the snot out of SEC teams like Florida and Texas A&M. You continually lose coaches to bigger programs but simply go out and hire another one and don't skip a beat.

It pains me to say it, but Louisville is the model for programs like UK, Kansas, and countless other historically downtrodden football programs who never thought they could win.

Enjoy ESPN Gameday and the awesome opportunity of being in the national spotlight. UL has more than earned it.
It's easier and more fun to be open and honest on a message board while dealing mostly with strangers. Why be any other way?

You gotta give most of the credit for U of L's success where it's due...the guy in charge, Jurich. He's simply one of those rare people who makes things happen. One of his more ignored traits is insight. He saw an opportunity at Louisville and has exploited it to the max. (The elements of that "opportunity" are another discussion...)

On the flipside, I also believe the football problem with your school is cultural and not rooted with your AD and coach. Your fanbase and pretty much everyone at the school call yourselves a "basketball school". Funny how no one at U of L does that, or doesn't do it anymore. It's a mindset that largely determines your outcome. Sports psychologists will tell you the same thing. When you stop thinking of yourself as fat, an addict, or a basketball school--as examples--good things start happening. And I don't think your fanbase appreciates that...

It's easier and more fun to be open and honest on a message board while dealing mostly with strangers. Why be any other way?

You gotta give most of the credit for U of L's success where it's due...the guy in charge, Jurich. He's simply one of those rare people who makes things happen. One of his more ignored traits is insight. He saw an opportunity at Louisville and has exploited it to the max. (The elements of that "opportunity" are another discussion...)

On the flipside, I also believe the football problem with your school is cultural and not rooted with your AD and coach. Your fanbase and pretty much everyone at the school call yourselves a "basketball school". Funny how no one at U of L does that, or doesn't do it anymore. It's a mindset that largely determines your outcome. Sports psychologists will tell you the same thing. When you stop thinking of yourself as fat, an addict, or a basketball school--as examples--good things start happening. And I don't think your fanbase appreciates that...

Nice job there Zipp....I totally agree with your sentiments here.:D

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Let's face it... A helluva lot of our fanbase was raised or used to be LPT fans to varying degrees. The first big time basketball game I ever attended was an LPT game.

That door had to be open in the past, and it has to remain open today. You burn your blue stuff, and you enter the Promised Land.

LPT Football: Hell on Earth...

Yeah like dumb ass me in my early to mid 20s. However, football only. I couldn't stand that egomaniac, racist Rupp so I never liked uahkay basketball. I always supported UofL in all things but I couldn't understand why the University powers never, never supported football until Howard came here.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

ASKING FOR A FRIEND!
Op you are a fraud..you have been trashing UL on rafters and the national football board for years.

Take your act elsewhere. Once a wildcat always a wildcat. Go root for Bama like the rest of you fools in blue.

I think what makes Cardinal fans a special breed is we dont pick and choose which programs to support. We take the good, the bad and the ugly. Strippers, Matt Bevins Tyranny, National championships, routine visits to Omaha and Lamar Jacksons domination whatever it may be Louisville supports supports Louisville. In my experience theres tons of cat "fans" that only support the basketball team but completely disown every other aspect of that University. If you even consider ditching a team because theyre bad then you were never a fan in the first place. You were a casual observer at best. You're either in or out. So I repeat, go back to your hole and argue over Art Biles or some crap, or even a new AD idk what you people talk about....who cares. Bandwagons are the worst, go away.

I think what makes Cardinal fans a special breed is we dont pick and choose which programs to support. We take the good, the bad and the ugly. Strippers, Matt Bevins Tyranny, National championships, routine visits to Omaha and Lamar Jacksons domination whatever it may be Louisville supports supports Louisville. In my experience theres tons of cat "fans" that only support the basketball team but completely disown every other aspect of that University. If you even consider ditching a team because theyre bad then you were never a fan in the first place. You were a casual observer at best. You're either in or out. So I repeat, go back to your hole and argue over Art Biles or some crap, or even a new AD idk what you people talk about....who cares. Bandwagons are the worst, go away.
This...there has always been a divide among UK football and basketball fans

This...there has always been a divide among UK football and basketball fans
Based on 50+ yrs of observation, you are correct. Even in the days of modest success with the likes of Rick Norton, Sonny Collins, Art Still and Derrick Ramsey the average UK fan I know showed very little interest. FB was not as big in the state as it is now and the only UK FB fans were in the Lexington area or alumni. Start a conversation on UK FB and the conversation would soon devolve into the incoming class of BB recruits. That much hasn't changed.

I don't who else you root for when it's not FB season. As long as you root for the Cards when they are on the field, I have your back. Who knows, you may find a new respect for a fan base, a university and a city as time goes on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT