ADVERTISEMENT

If CSS struggles to beat USF or even worse loses, will your thoughts change about the program?

SpotHogCard

1250+
Mar 17, 2013
If CSS loses or struggles to win against USF, do you think Cardinal Stadium will be empty for the rest of the year?

How hot will CSS/BB seat be at that point?

I think it is hot now. I am not a fan of judging a team on blowing teams out. I am more concerned when Louisville being blown out. That was the problem with Syracuse.

South Flordia went the swamp played well. I don’t think Florida is garbage. It is really this simple win the game. Losing to South Florida makes it very difficult to salvage the season.

I think it is hot now. I am not a fan of judging a team on blowing teams out. I am more concerned when Louisville being blown out. That was the problem with Syracuse.

South Flordia went the swamp played well. I don’t think Florida is garbage. It is really this simple win the game. Losing to South Florida makes it very difficult to salvage the season.
We sure won't be going to a bowl, that's for sure.

Who thinks this kind of negativity is helpful in any way?
Why not ask what will it mean for momentum and the rest of the season if we win big.
Negativity Breeds negativity.

Reactions: glassmanJ
Who thinks this kind of negativity is helpful in any way?
Why not ask what will it mean for momentum and the rest of the season if we win big.
Negativity Breeds negativity.
Welcome to 2022. People claim he is boring, has no personality, etc they have never been to a practice or spent anytime with him personally. When all this boils down to 1 thing……winning.

Everyone has their opinion on what makes winners and losers which is fine.

Just because Louisville has had top 25 teams in the past doesn’t mean they have been a Top 25 program.

Recruiting-historically average
Fan support-average to poor
Coaching-can’t hold on to good ones-hire bad ones.

I think we believe it can be but haven’t ever been that kind of program. However we expect whomever the coach is to have a top 25 program. I am not sure that is fair to demand a coach do something that has never been done. Seems to me fans should support the team. At the end the day the team wins and losses games.

Welcome to 2022. People claim he is boring, has no personality, etc they have never been to a practice or spent anytime with him personally. When all this boils down to 1 thing……winning.

Everyone has their opinion on what makes winners and losers which is fine.

Just because Louisville has had top 25 teams in the past doesn’t mean they have been a Top 25 program.

Recruiting-historically average
Fan support-average to poor
Coaching-can’t hold on to good ones-hire bad ones.

I think we believe it can be but haven’t ever been that kind of program. However we expect whomever the coach is to have a top 25 program. I am not sure that is fair to demand a coach do something that has never been done. Seems to me fans should support the team. At the end the day the team wins and losses games.
^^^^ perfectly said. we were a top 25 program against CUSA and Big East Teams then beat averages teams in bowls. imho, i think he deserves one more year. i have to use stoops as a comparison. another coaching change will not help. i'm willing to accept the two covid years as causing two extra losses so i fogive our records the last two seasons. this year, syracuse has got some game and so does FSU and we had fsu beat. the ravens had the dolphins beat. but the reality is this team needs to show it's heart and if they are in every game but cannot close well winning needs winning. but if we are simply looking like bobby 2.0 then i'll be devastated and have to move on

I just need to see good fundamental football where both sides of the ball are busting their ass to win. If you lose and you have those things it's easier to deal with. We ain't getting that.
If they didn’t play fundamental they wouldn’t be close games. In any loss you can find plays where the players/coaches made a mistake. However in a win we only look at the positives. There were still many plays the players didn’t execute. They just won.

No one likes losses even if the team played well. No coach can survive losses even if they late fundamentally sound.

Cuz... reality. I'm a Cardinal, not an ostrich.
Hey Jethro. This time last year FSU was 0-4 and every FSU fan wanted Norvell to be fired. Satterfield has a top ten recruiting class for 2023. Need to let the season play out before you blow up the program. Norvell would be gone if the AD listened to fans like you.

Reactions: Louis III
If they didn’t play fundamental they wouldn’t be close games. In any loss you can find plays where the players/coaches made a mistake. However in a win we only look at the positives. There were still many plays the players didn’t execute. They just won.

No one likes losses even if the team played well. No coach can survive losses even if they late fundamentally sound.
They play just enough fundamental football to keep it close but not win. By the way 31-7 (Syracuse) is not a close game.

Did you notice how many penalties, missed tackles, and poor offensive executions we had against FSU ?

All about effort, execution, and fundamentals and we suck at all those..

Hey Jethro. This time last year FSU was 0-4 and every FSU fan wanted Norvell to be fired. Satterfield has a top ten recruiting class for 2023. Need to let the season play out before you blow up the program. Norvell would be gone if the AD listened to fans like you.
Norvell = 1 year/ 2nd season. Sunbelt Scotty (thank you BPGhost) is in his 4th year. Apples, meet Oranges.

Norvell obviously developed the talent he had; CSS, not so much. BB is a joke of a DC as well. What good is a top recruiting class if it can't be developed? Zero that's what, most of them will transfer after CSS and BB's next losing season.

What do you think will happen when CSS has to replace his starting QB? He hasn't developed any new ones; instead he has a good freshman coming in...

Reactions: EKYCard643
No doubt about it, with us sitting at 1-2, this game against USF is a very important game that we need to win. I’m not so concerned about whether we struggle to win or not….

Even a close win could be a springboard to a successful season, as long as there are no key injuries and some younger players make key plays that give them the confidence to be vital contributors the rest of the year.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
We were a top 25 team. We weren’t a top 25 program. Remember how much he whined about our attendance. He left for a Top 25 program.
To be fair to us fans, I think in the 2012 & 2013 regular seasons we only played 1 ranked team and that was UCF. We showed up for the big games. Sometimes it was because a team like Georgia dropped us, but it was hard to get up for those Big East games.

Reactions: Guardman
No doubt about it, with us sitting at 1-2, this game against USF is a very important game that we need to win. I’m not so concerned about whether we struggle to win or not….

Even a close win could be a springboard to a successful season, as long as there are no key injuries and some younger players make key plays that give them the confidence to be vital contributors the rest of the year.
Agree 100%!!! Just win baby!

Peace

Last edited:
I don’t see Louisville beating South Florida now. They have played a lot tougher schedule and playing Louisville will be a break for them. Time for a coaching change.

We were a top 25 team. We weren’t a top 25 program. Remember how much he whined about our attendance. He left for a Top 25 program.
To be fair - he left for Texas and 50M. It's not as though he left for Boise St. Intellectually I have zero problems - with the exception of the classless way JLS handled his departure - with the decisions made by our former coaches. Each of them was at that point a step up from the UofL job. Emotionally, time after time seeing coaches leave at the first drop of success is another animal altogether. It takes a toll on a fan base and a program. Finding someone who we realistically believe would be good and would hang around would be exactly what this program needs.

For the umpteenth time - my belief is that person is Jeff Brohm. I don't harbor any illusions that hiring him will immediately take UofL into the top 10 but, I think that he has a much higher ceiling and floor than Satterfield ever will. I think that consistent seasons of between 8-4 and 10-2 would be realistic for Brohm once he was established at UofL. I think that if UofL fans are realistic - that type of consistency would be fantastic.

To be fair - he left for Texas and 50M. It's not as though he left for Boise St. Intellectually I have zero problems - with the exception of the classless way JLS handled his departure - with the decisions made by our former coaches. Each of them was at that point a step up from the UofL job. Emotionally, time after time seeing coaches leave at the first drop of success is another animal altogether. It takes a toll on a fan base and a program. Finding someone who we realistically believe would be good and would hang around would be exactly what this program needs.

For the umpteenth time - my belief is that person is Jeff Brohm. I don't harbor any illusions that hiring him will immediately take UofL into the top 10 but, I think that he has a much higher ceiling and floor than Satterfield ever will. I think that consistent seasons of between 8-4 and 10-2 would be realistic for Brohm once he was established at UofL. I think that if UofL fans are realistic - that type of consistency would be fantastic.
Why would he stay if he didn’t come in the first place when the job was offered? You guys who think Brohm is champing at the bit to coach at UofL are delusional.

Why would he stay if he didn’t come in the first place when the job was offered? You guys who think Brohm is champing at the bit to coach at UofL are delusional.

Unless he was full of $hit when he spoke at the Flaget club this summer then he definitely is interested. His public comments were consistent with what people very close to him say.

Reactions: BPGhost

We know you have a Brohmance with that dude.
The undisciplined way his players and he gave the Syracuse game away with unsportsmanlike penalties after they had the game won was atrocious and an embarrassment. It’s rare to see a team’s lack of self control hand a game to their opponent but Brohm’s team did just that. Be careful what you wish for.

Boise isn’t a top 25 program either. Louisville rarely loses head coaches to even or worse program.

I really wish Brohm would of taken the job 4 years ago I think the fanbase would of been much more patient. Timing was perfect.

They have a legit shot at winning next 3. They do that the Pitt game is another huge opportunity. More worried about South Florida than BC or Virginia because their offenses are just blah.

We don’t support the team when successful. I’m as guilty as anyone. I had season tickets for five or six years during our best of times. The stadium was 65% full. We travel but have truly fair weather fans at home. The worst thing Jurich did was expand the stadium. Our redout last Friday was designed to not show empty seats. We say we want to be like the big boys but our lack of attendance says otherwise.

The worst thing Jurich did was expand the stadium.
totally agree. i've suggested we reduce seat numbers by widening existing seats and taking out about 5-10 seats per big row. one of the main reasons i stopped going was the seating is horribly cramped. no offense to larger people but having someone's arms in my lap the whole game is no way to be comfortable and thus be able to enjoy the game. dallas cowboys had the right idea when they built there stadium as seats are hung from metal brackets in each row and they have different size seats so normal game capacity can be like 80k but if something huge like championship or title boxing fight, they can expand using smaller width seats and put another 15+k people in there. not that anyone is going to spend the money but the seats should be replaced with larger ones so less capacity and keep smaller ones just in case we get good again.

Boise isn’t a top 25 program either. Louisville rarely loses head coaches to even or worse program.

I really wish Brohm would of taken the job 4 years ago I think the fanbase would of been much more patient. Timing was perfect.

They have a legit shot at winning next 3. They do that the Pitt game is another huge opportunity. More worried about South Florida than BC or Virginia because their offenses are just blah.
The timing was right for U of L but it wasn't for Jeff. Why can't fans understand that. We're not Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State... far from it. He was new to the program and West Lafayette and felt he needed to stay committed to Purdue.

Reactions: BPGhost
Take the points then.
You are an odd cat. Nothing I have said implied I was betting on the spread. You used an example of a previous spread so I did the same to contradict your point. I’ll take the points just for you if that will help you sleep at night.

I guess you didn’t see USF play Florida huh? Better forget about the bet makers in this game.
As I stated above. You could say the same thing as USF vs BYU... it’s not always cut and dry, Florida’s QB is god awful but a freak athlete that they won’t let use his legs because I guess he is banged up.

I think UofL wins the game with little drama but I do think this will be a much better game than most of our fan base is willing to admit. I don't see this being a 3+ touchdown win. USF can run the ball and we're terrible against the run. If they can grind clock and we give them a turnover in a bad spot or multiple turnovers they could pull this one out. Lot of "ifs" though.

+14.5 is very tempting..... I may throw a couple of bucks on USF to cover that. I see this as a 7-14 point win.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT