ADVERTISEMENT

I LOVE watching UK Basketball...

I could not help but turn on the radio broadcast late in the 2nd half when Vandy was up 66-60, as the UK announcers were questioning every call that went against them. Lots of talent, but no discipline or coaching.

Honestly, when one considers that UK returned the 2022 POY, along with Jacob Toppin and the 5th rated recruiting class in the nation, and yet they lose to Vanderbilt twice ……… it only confirms what so many people (including UK fans) have been saying for several years now, John Calipari is a horrible college basketball coach and has failed to demonstrate the ability to mentor his assistants in a manner where they could move to a successful Head Coaching job.

Kenny Payne was only valuable as an assistant to Calipari by virtue of being “the big brother/father image“ to those young one and done recruits. Somehow Payne’s 4-24 (or 4-28) work should be credited in part to UK’s gift to UL.

Honestly, when one considers that UK returned the 2022 POY, along with Jacob Toppin and the 5th rated recruiting class in the nation, and yet they lose to Vanderbilt twice ……… it only confirms what so many people (including UK fans) have been saying for several years now, John Calipari is a horrible college basketball coach and has failed to demonstrate the ability to mentor his assistants in a manner where they could move to a successful Head Coaching job.

Kenny Payne was only valuable as an assistant to Calipari by virtue of being “the big brother/father image“ to those young one and done recruits. Somehow Payne’s 4-24 (or 4-28) work should be credited in part to UK’s gift to UL.
Exactly, he was the good cop that told all those 5 stars it would be ok and held their hand through tough times "loved them up" Even his recruiting skills were a sham. He was fed players through NIKE and WWW and KY is one of the easiest places to recruit to in all of college basketball, it recruits for itself..

Calipayme is a terrible coach, nobody does less with more. .. Sad part is you could give K Pain ky's roster and he would do worse than Cal. Anybody think we're ever going to have the talent level ky has this year ? I sure don't.

Reactions: gocds and 2330859
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT