ADVERTISEMENT

Prove me wrong KP

rockycard

Four-Star Poster
Jan 8, 2007
I’ve always been excited for the season to start and get going, even though I love football more. Last season after the first month I quit watching, after the KW exhibition I don’t have any excitement about this season either. I will check the score occasionally and watch when I can, but I will not put anything off to watch this staff being totally In over their heads. Prove me wrong KP!

Unfortunately, I think he is going to confirm your thoughts. It's funny. I was never in favor of hiring KP. What troubled me was he was in his mid 50's and to my knowledge had never sought a HC position. That is really odd for this profession. But after he was hired, and his introduction, seeing all the former players back in town I thought maybe I am wrong about this guy. And then last season happened.
I still hope he proves me wrong because that would be what is best for UL. Firing him and starting over will be messy and expensive. And JH could whiff on the next hire. Unfortunately, I think my initial thoughts on KP
were correct.

I hear you OP. Even though it was painful, I watched just about every game last season. I don't think I can take another season even close to that atrocious. I love UofL basketball so much and seeing the program that far down below rock-bottom was hard to stomach.

I also didn't really want Payne as coach but his initial press conference and the hope he would bring in a ton of great talent allowed me to hope and to give him a chance. I still hope he succeeds but I've seen nothing so far to convince me that will happen.

Reactions: rockycard
Unfortunately, I think he is going to confirm your thoughts. It's funny. I was never in favor of hiring KP. What troubled me was he was in his mid 50's and to my knowledge had never sought a HC position. That is really odd for this profession. But after he was hired, and his introduction, seeing all the former players back in town I thought maybe I am wrong about this guy. And then last season happened.
I still hope he proves me wrong because that would be what is best for UL. Firing him and starting over will be messy and expensive. And JH could whiff on the next hire. Unfortunately, I think my initial thoughts on KP
were correct.
Well expressed. These were my feelings as well but at this point, KP might just not be capable of earning back my support.

Reactions: rockycard
I was a KP defender but no longer. Players are not talented enough to do what he wants. I thought he would land players that were skilled enough to play his way.

They all can’t break down their opponent, hit an open shot, and make precise passes on offense. It is bully ball in an era of spreading the court. That is fine if your guys are great defenders. You are going to play in the 50’s.

Well, they are god awful again defensively. There is zero lateral quickness on the perimeter mainly James, Clark and White. They aren’t locking anyone up. Then the interior defense is equally as brutal. Okafor needs to play more period.

They may win more games than last year but it won’t be enough to retain.

I’ve always been excited for the season to start and get going, even though I love football more. Last season after the first month I quit watching, after the KW exhibition I don’t have any excitement about this season either. I will check the score occasionally and watch when I can, but I will not put anything off to watch this staff being totally In over their heads. Prove me wrong KP!
Sadly this is me…exactly. Always been a slightly bigger FB fan but always watched and had season tickets to MBB, but really can’t get excited about this shit show. I’ve shifted to watching the women and it’s much more enjoyable once you get use to their style, but refs really suck

Reactions: the artist FKA zipp
I was a KP defender but no longer. Players are not talented enough to do what he wants. I thought he would land players that were skilled enough to play his way.

They all can’t break down their opponent, hit an open shot, and make precise passes on offense. It is bully ball in an era of spreading the court. That is fine if your guys are great defenders. You are going to play in the 50’s.

Well, they are god awful again defensively. There is zero lateral quickness on the perimeter mainly James, Clark and White. They aren’t locking anyone up. Then the interior defense is equally as brutal. Okafor needs to play more period.

They may win more games than last year but it won’t be enough to retain.
Wonder where he learned to coach (I use that term very loosely) bully ball? That’s a rhetorical question for those that didn’t get it.

The whole thing is a mess. The evaluation of coaches and talent is awful. They brought in another group of players that can’t shoot. I could rant ion that for an hour but even if the could they aren’t stopping anyone.

It is awful when that kind of offense is tied zero defense. I am completely amazed how awful they have been on defense with his back ground-college and NBA. We are 2 years into this and they are somehow worse than last year. I didn’t think that was possible.

Unless there is a massive change defensively and I haven’t seen any signs of playing an ounce of defense it is going to like Groundhog Day. Same problem as last year the only way they win games is by getting hot and the other team screwing up or playing terrible. They are going to get destroyed most of the road ACC games. They will have good spurts at home but ultimately lose games because they won’t stop people.

UofL is currently closer to becoming Memphis State than recapturing its glory days. That’s not all on Payne but if he’s not canned - he’ll be the final nails in the coffin.

Reactions: the artist FKA zipp
UofL is currently closer to becoming Memphis State than recapturing its glory days. That’s not all on Payne but if he’s not canned - he’ll be the final nails in the coffin.
I'd say we're closer to becoming Georgetown than Memphis. Memphis at least has talent..

Reactions: rentalman
Kenny proved me to be right, now Josh Heird needs to prove me wrong. I don’t think Josh is anything more than a puppet for the blue tinted administration we have.

Heird and UL need to “get tough“ and figure a way to terminate Payne for cause, regardless of offending the very few in this community who still support Kenny.

The accumulation of damage to UL, the city and its fans should be more than sufficient to warrant an aggressive effort to clean up this train wreck.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
Heird and UL need to “get tough“ and figure a way to terminate Payne for cause, regardless of offending the very few in this community who still support Kenny.

The accumulation of damage to UL, the city and its fans should be more than sufficient to warrant an aggressive effort to clean up this train wreck.
If they couldn’t fire Petrino for cause when he quit coaching to get his buyout they can’t fire Payne for cause.

Reactions: Cardsfan62

There is no cause. This is illogical.

The Koron Davis story is sufficient to terminate for cause, but I will agree that it will not happen, as this University has absolutely no real leadership. This University is now, and has been for some time now, far more concerned with being politically correct, than it is with doing what is in the best interest of this University, this city and its fanbase.

One bad decision after another.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT