ADVERTISEMENT

I have a question

Firewalker_

No-Ranking Prospect
Jan 1, 2003
Doesn't the dorm that the basketball players live in have cameras all on the outside and in the halls? It would seem to me that they would be able to prove or disprove that the girls came over or not. Or who let them in a side door etc etc.

I would assume you are correct and I am sure the surveillance has been reviewed by the investigators.

Which brings me to a point many are probably naturally forgetting. A # of organizations are investigating all the detail, but the findings haven't been released yet.

I guess what I'm getting at is be patient, and all the truth will come out. I don't think anybody is denying they weren't at the dorm it is safe to say they were. It's all the other stuff that is key.

The videos are only kept for 6 months at a time, i heard

RAs are supposed to be the gate keepers to the dorms. They obviously
looked the other way or were paid off.

There's no question that females were at Minardi Hall. The accusation is
that Mcgee paid for hookers to recruits, and eventual players.

What Kerry said. Anyone who has ever used surveillance video knows that they don't get archived forever. I use systems that "roll over" as frequently as three weeks. That's normally plenty of time to go back and retrieve important video...

IF this happened and I emphasize IF.....with everyone owning a cell phone and taking pics of everything, I would not be surprised if there are pics out there. Just because she didn't put them in the book doesn't mean they don't exist. Just going to have to see how it plays out.

The problem with high res video is it's such a data hog. If you stream it routinely from several multipixel cameras to a hard drive, you can easily fill up a 2 TB drive in a matter of weeks. And as the cameras improve, the demands on storage capacity will only increase. I've never used a system that kept data for more than a year...

Reactions: KerryRhodes
IF this happened and I emphasize IF.....with everyone owning a cell phone and taking pics of everything, I would not be surprised if there are pics out there. Just because she didn't put them in the book doesn't mean they don't exist. Just going to have to see how it plays out.

I kind of agree with that but I have to think she'd include the pictures in the book to boost the sales.

That said it is very possible she withheld some data for later.

With so many investigating it seems the truth has to be discovered.

Interesting point. Where are the pics? I've seen 1. Only 1, and that 1 just shows a former player at what looks to be a party. It doesn't say Minardi Hall in the background. It doesn't say this is dorm room number 232 or whatever. It just shows a former player sitting on a freaking couch with a bunch of people around him.

Lots and lots of cell phones everywhere thanks to Steve Jobs changing our world. Where are the damn pictures at? Where are the damn videos that cell phones can record?????

I saw a picture of Russ Smith in the Minardi Hallway side by side with one of the girls. He was wearing glasses. But I feared the worst kind of pictures, some form of action or incriminating types. The pictures we've seen are not incriminating.

If the pictures were X- rated or any of the participants were under aged, then I can see why they wouldn't be in the book.

I also think if there were X- rated pictures they would have been exposed by now, but maybe not - that could be the dagger being held - would be a great set up no?

Interesting point. Where are the pics? I've seen 1. Only 1, and that 1 just shows a former player at what looks to be a party. It doesn't say Minardi Hall in the background. It doesn't say this is dorm room number 232 or whatever. It just shows a former player sitting on a freaking couch with a bunch of people around him.

Lots and lots of cell phones everywhere thanks to Steve Jobs changing our world. Where are the damn pictures at? Where are the damn videos that cell phones can record?????
That's what Deener asked the guy from ESPN this morning. Why were there not more incriminating pics in this day and age? Of course the guy sounded offended at first and then said that it was a good question.

Reactions: shadow force
I would think if they had pictures that were sexually explicit they would have used them. I have never seen a book or documentary exposing sexual misconduct without having pictures to back them up.

It is hard to believe there are no pictures or video's that capture players/recruits in compromising positions or the money being thrown around to the dancers or even of the girls dancing. If she knew this day was coming then what is better than pictures and videos?

I have seen quite a few pics that have been posted. One of Montrez, a couple of the dancers in a doorway at the dorm, one with a recruit as well as the one with Russ someone mentioned. There are actually quite a few pics that show them in that dorm and were shown in the OTL segment...

I have seen quite a few pics that have been posted. One of Montrez, a couple of the dancers in a doorway at the dorm, one with a recruit as well as the one with Russ someone mentioned. There are actually quite a few pics that show them in that dorm and were shown in the OTL segment...
And all were dressed. So what?

If you've ever been in college and lived in a dorm, you would know girls and boys get together and party. They even have sex sometimes. Imagine that? Weird I know. I want to see pics of these whores having sex with former recruits or players with ANDRE FREAKING MCGEE taking a selfy with the background being the people who allegedly ate the forbidden fruit.

What is it the kids say today? Pics or it didn't happen?

Reactions: JohnCard28

We're talking about pictures that reflect sexual activity or some type of incriminating behavior.

Your post isn't valuable in that regard.

The issue is that alleged prostitutes were actually in the dorm as she said and posed with recruits and players like she said. It is obvious from these pics that they were in the dorm so why the need for video?

Here's the take:

UK fans and Pitino haters will say the photos of the ho's and former players in Minardi hall are actual proof of the story.

Loyal fans of Rick will say that you need actual pics that sex acts were committed and paid for with money i.e. Cash and that McGee was acting on behalf of Rick and/or the University.

Maybe the truth is somewhere in between but I don't like the fact that the sluts were even there.

Oboro -

The issue is not if they were in the dorm.

The issue has been explained to multiple times. Go back and try to read some previous posts.

The issue is that alleged prostitutes were actually in the dorm as she said and posed with recruits and players like she said. It is obvious from these pics that they were in the dorm so why the need for video?
Obvious? To who? Those who want it to be a dorm room? Also, how do we know they had sex if they're not actually having sex? I've been around plenty of whores without having sex with them. Ever been to Vegas?

Reactions: JohnCard28
It is hard to believe there are no pictures or video's that capture players/recruits in compromising positions or the money being thrown around to the dancers or even of the girls dancing. If she knew this day was coming then what is better than pictures and videos?
Or even a recorded incriminating audio statement

One thing I would like to find out is that the OTL show says that 3 months after McGee left UofL, he supposedly set up another meeting at a hotel between these girls and Blakenley. A hotel requires a credit card to reserve a room. Who's credit card was used? McGee's personal credit card or another card linked to someone else? That would be easy to find out since the hotel would have records on that...

Also, who from UofL contacted McGee to set this up. He could care less about UofL after he left...

The NCAA and/or a court of law is not going to sanction Louisville for having strippers/prostitutes in the dorm.

The issue is what happened when they were there, and if there were financial deals made before/during, etc. Then, there will need to be a determination as to the extent, and who else knew if there was wrong doing to that level.

There is a lot to cover, and I'm sure there is going to be some evidence of some kind turn up.

We will wait.

That's because nothing to the degree she claimed happened. This went on for four years and no leak from a disgruntled player or a picture posted on twitter under a fake name?

We knew about a player sneaking around smoking dope and why he was suspended before it went down. I think this has a little more to it than that.

I believe the only thing that was confirmed by a non anonymous source was dancers were in the room.

Then we have the NCAA spurn. Reporting an incident does not happen that way Powell wrote about. If you call the NCAA, they'll point you to the compliance office of the school.you have a complaint against. Every complaint is investigated.

Found my link: http://www.mgoblue.com/genrel/092408aaa.html

There is a procedure for how to report to one school about another too.

You can even report it anonymously to UofL's compliance office.

I maintain a position that Wilder was angling for something during their meeting.

He basically went out an punched UofL right in the mouth intentionally to rattle them.

The press releases/interviews were set up first and then the meeting with UofL was conveniently scheduled afterward in order gauge UofL's reaction.

UofL came out behind Pitino. That in itself speaks volumes on what UofL knows and most important cannot confirm.

The longer this takes, the worse it becomes for Powell. They wanted a quick hit and a surrender to sell books. Once it dies down, no more demand for the book and no more money.

Last edited:
That's because nothing to the degree she claimed happened. This went on for four years and no leak from a disgruntled player or a picture posted on twitter under a fake name?

We knew about a player sneaking around smoking dope and why he was suspended before it went down. I think this has a little more to it than that.

I believe the only thing that was confirmed by a non anonymous source was dancers were in the room.

Then we have the NCAA spurn. Reporting an incident does not happen that way Powell wrote about. If you call the NCAA, they'll point you to the compliance office of the school.you have a complaint against. Every complaint is investigated.

There is a procedure for how to report to one school about another.

You can even report it anonymously to UofL's compliance office.

I maintain a position that Wilder was angling for something during their meeting.

He basically went out an punched UofL right in the mouth intentionally to rattle them.

The press releases/interviews were set up first and then the meeting with UofL was conveniently scheduled afterward in order gauge UofL's reaction.

UofL came out behind Pitino. That in itself speaks volumes on what UofL knows and most important cannot confirm.

The longer this takes, the worse it becomes for Powell. They wanted a quick hit and a surrender to sell books. Once it dies down, no more demand for the book and no more money.

Common sense. Basic pure common sense.

Just another tidbit to prove my point (courtesy of TOS, DasVille). Also did IBJ Book Publishing LLC exist back then? o_O

"The IBJ on Monday asked the NCAA whether Powell had made such a call, but the NCAA wouldn't comment. Powell claims she made the call back in March, before she approached an IBJ sister company, IBJ Book Publishing LLC, with her story"

http://www.fox19.com/story/30191674/report-stripper-tried-to-take-uofl-sex-claims-to-ncaa-in-march
What point are you trying to make? If you are alleging that she is lying about calling the NCAA, then I suppose that is possible. But why would she lie about that? It doesn't help her story and adds nothing to it. Also, there is no way someone in her position would simply contact the school and expect anything to come of it. In fact, I suspect she would be scared to contact the school, regardless of whether she was telling the truth. And she couldn't contact another school to help because she would be laughed off the phone (because the allegations seem absurd on their face), which is likely what happened when she called the NCAA. Frankly, I am surprised a publisher even listened, but it paid off for them. It probably explains why a small publisher was used here because others wouldn't touch it, and the Indiana connection probably also helped get the balling rolling. Sort of a perfect storm.

What point are you trying to make? If you are alleging that she is lying about calling the NCAA, then I suppose that is possible. But why would she lie about that? It doesn't help her story and adds nothing to it. Also, there is no way someone in her position would simply contact the school and expect anything to come of it. In fact, I suspect she would be scared to contact the school, regardless of whether she was telling the truth. And she couldn't contact another school to help because she would be laughed off the phone (because the allegations seem absurd on their face), which is likely what happened when she called the NCAA. Frankly, I am surprised a publisher even listened, but it paid off for them. It probably explains why a small publisher was used here because others wouldn't touch it, and the Indiana connection probably also helped get the balling rolling. Sort of a perfect storm.

Her story changes from the book narrative too often. Not saying she lied, but that her story does appear to have some severe credibility issues at times. Even her own publisher is going back over her story AFTER the book publishing. Odd given that Cady (writer) said the information had been researched (vetted).

Read the link I posted from Michigan's Athletics Department's website. All allegations are investigated.

It's easy to contact any NCAA school in regards to filing a complaint. The NCAA would instruct you to do so since they do not investigate alleged complaints. They are done by the compliance department of the school in which the allegation is against.

UofL even has an anonymous way to do so:

http://www.gocards.com/sb_output.aspx?form=10

Powell was most likely given instructions on how to proceed and did not like it because she would not benefit from it. So she went elsewhere.

A member school would be obligated to assist her. This would be handle discreetly. The NCAA has specific guidelines in regards to what to do.

By the way, from time to time the NCAA engages compliance departments to ensure they are following the rules. I would say failing to comply would be dealt with severely.

Then we have the publisher. We know from what has been said, she looked outside of Louisville for a someone to publish her story. But why a book? Usually a book comes out after the dust settles and the punishments have been levied. It provided depth and explanation to the events.

Why not contact the CJ? It's no secret that they are not exactly fond of UofL in some respects. Pat Forde at Yahoo Sports has been at odds with UofL from time to time too.

Odd that she picked a publisher that so happened to have been supposedly outspoken in his personal dislike of Rick Pitino. Can't find a link, but enough chatter out there to make it plausible.

Was it blind luck that she found a publisher who disliked Pitino? Maybe?

I would say given how he runs his business that when this came across his desk, his eyes lit up and a smile came across his face.

I'll go even farther to say that a lot of the story has been "embellished" and eventually will dwindle to something far less than what's being assumed to be fact today.

Her story changes from the book narrative too often. Not saying she lied, but that her story does appear to have some severe credibility issues at times. Even her own publisher is going back over her story AFTER the book publishing. Odd given that Cady (writer) said the information had been researched (vetted).

Read the link I posted from Michigan's Athletics Department's website. All allegations are investigated.

It's easy to contact any NCAA school in regards to filing a complaint. The NCAA would instruct you to do so since they do not investigate alleged complaints. They are done by the compliance department of the school in which the allegation is against.

UofL even has an anonymous way to do so:

http://www.gocards.com/sb_output.aspx?form=10

Powell was most likely given instructions on how to proceed and did not like it because she would not benefit from it. So she went elsewhere.

A member school would be obligated to assist her. This would be handle discreetly. The NCAA has specific guidelines in regards to what to do.

By the way, from time to time the NCAA engages compliance departments to ensure they are following the rules. I would say failing to comply would be dealt with severely.

Then we have the publisher. We know from what has been said, she looked outside of Louisville for a someone to publish her story. But why a book? Usually a book comes out after the dust settles and the punishments have been levied. It provided depth and explanation to the events.

Why not contact the CJ? It's no secret that they are not exactly fond of UofL in some respects. Pat Forde at Yahoo Sports has been at odds with UofL from time to time too.

Odd that she picked a publisher that so happened to have been supposedly outspoken in his personal dislike of Rick Pitino. Can't find a link, but enough chatter out there to make it plausible.

Was it blind luck that she found a publisher who disliked Pitino? Maybe?

I would say given how he runs his business that when this came across his desk, his eyes lit up and a smile came across his face.

I'll go even farther to say that a lot of the story has been "embellished" and eventually will dwindle to something far less than what's being assumed to be fact today.
Those are fair arguments. It is certainly possible that she is lying about what happened when she called the NCAA, and there is no question that she is in this for one thing (money), and that there is potentially a weird IU connection (or some other backer helping to orchestrate this). However, as to her call to the NCAA, I am still trying to figure out why she would lie about what was said to her. There is no motive to do so. To the contrary, it might just piss off the NCAA. Moreover, if she is trying to embellish, wouldn't it be more sensational to say that she did report this UofL but the school failed to act, and/or she did report this to the Louisville media but they failed to act? That would be juicy. It is not really juicy and serves no purpose for her to randomly say that she contacted a receptionist type person at the NCAA who basically blew her off (no pun intended).

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are fair arguments. It is certainly possible that she is lying about what happened when she called the NCAA, and there is no question that she is in this for one thing (money), and that there is potentially a weird IU connection (or some other backer helping to orchestrate this). However, as to her call to the NCAA, I am still trying to figure out why she would lie about what was said to her. There is no motive to do so. To the contrary, it might just piss off the NCAA. Moreover, if she is trying to embellish, wouldn't it be more sensational to say that she did report this UofL but the school failed to act, and/or she did report this to the Louisville media but they failed to act? That would be juicy. It is not really juicy and serves no purpose for her to randomly say that she contacted a receptionist type person at the NCAA who basically blew her off (no pun intended).

As I believe is the case with a lot of her story, she could have said far more and made things sound far worse (in ways that were difficult to contradict) if she was really trying to make things up and embellish. She could have said there was tons of sex. She could have said she contacted UofL. She could have omitted that certain recruits did not engage in sex. She could have definitely stated that McGee told her that Pitino (or other coaches) were aware or complicit. My point is that while UofL fans understandably are trying to poke holes in her story and feel like she is lying about a lot of stuff, it seems to me that she could have safely said a lot more if she really wanted to lie to make her story even better.

Her NCAA response would play along the lines of little 'ol me could not get anywhere against the establishment. In other words "me against the world" sympathy. I don't thinks she quite thought this out. Nor did anyone think this through as to research how this actually works.

The only way you can submit a claim is to do so by submitting it in writing. Preferably through an email server for a date stamp and to generate a confirmation email. A paper inquiry would most likely generate a confirmation as well.

I would go as far as saying a case number of some type would also be generated to track and for follow up inquiries. This is a fairly common practice in complaint filing.

Powell's story was written by someone else. The writer most likely took some creative license at the urging of the publisher (sell books) to make it look bad while remaining tethered to the information, plausible given the facts she claims to have happened.This would reasonably explain why Powell cannot stay within the narrative. She was not the one relaying the information either, only collaborating it from time to time.

The story when told by her has already expanded greatly from the book. It's starting to become too numerous to quote and link in a thread. Look no further than Pitino's knowledge of the events.

I believe I heard or read that Powell said that McGee DJ a party. I wonder if they have an anonymous source for that one?

Haven't followed up that one yet either.

Reactions: Cue Card
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT