ADVERTISEMENT

I am disillusioned with our football coaching.

wilkie01

Four-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Planet Red
Its like watching Ron Cooper and Steve Kragthorpe coaching again. We have to change this now! I do not believe its a lack of talent, but I believe it mainly poor coaching and preparation!

Here's my view....

Petrino has loads on loads on loads of negative recruiting that can be heaped on him by literally every school in the country.

Petrino isn't particularly charismatic or he doesn't appear to be. I can't imagine that kids are coming to Louisville FOR Petrino. Maybe their position coach, maybe the city, the program, but I doubt kids are coming because they want to play for Bobby Petrino.

Petrino has little to no association with the defense and we keep switching DCs. Its no wonder our defense sucks, nobody's coming to play for a "Petrino defense" or coming to play for a specific scheme or DC.

He didn't recruit nor want Lamar. Lamar Thomas sold him on the idea and even when he was clearly the best option he was still reluctant to stick with him.

The program has been embarrassed nearly every time they've played a major opponent on major national TV.

Louisville has been stagnant or downward trending for 2 years now.

So, we're a medium tier, basketball first school, with a coach with no personality and dump trucks full of baggage and negative recruiting ammo who can't keep a DC or half his staff in place and can't recruit any defensive players.....

Yeah its no wonder our class in near the bottom of the ACC.

Reactions: wilkie01
I think it is more than that. The players are literally not trying. They are crying out for help. But they cannot come out and say it or they could be kicked off the team and thrown under the bus like VT did with that poor D-lineman.

No something more dire is going on and outside forces need to put the clues together and decipher the intuitive message the players are sending. They very much want us to get to the bottom of it.

Where's Forde at----he's the investigative journalist isn't he..??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT