ADVERTISEMENT

hypothetically Dreaming this Scenario

glassmanJ

2500+
Jan 26, 2007
In the next month, GA crushes Ol' Miss, Ohio St Crushes Michigan, Washington Loses Pac Whatever Championship Game. Ohio Crushes Penn St in Big 10 title game, GA crushes AL in SEC title game, Louisville beats Va, Miami and Uk then dominates FSU in ACC title game, Louisville beats OSU in Semi's, then beats GA in title game. it's a dream but if you shoot for the stars and fall short you still made it to the clouds which i can live with this year!

Big Ten still has divisions, so Ohio State cant play Penn State or Michigan in the conference championship game. Iowa currently leads the western division.
thanks for the correction and update!!! at least i can say it was a dream lol. but seriously, 100% appreciate the correction, i do not want to be a spreader of incorrect info, even if in my dreams

The response and particularly the way this team turned a 7 point deficit into a 7 point win shows a lot of character. Some will see last night’s game in a negative light, and that would be easy to accept. I see it as an indication of a winning mentality that is a crucial ingredient for any sports program. You could witness firsthand that UL was able to extinguish UVA’s gallant effort on both sides of the football when it counted, something that distinguishes it from past UL a football teams.

The response and particularly the way this team turned a 7 point deficit into a 7 point win shows a lot of character. Some will see last night’s game in a negative light, and that would be easy to accept. I see it as an indication of a winning mentality that is a crucial ingredient for any sports program. You could witness firsthand that UL was able to extinguish UVA’s gallant effort on both sides of the football when it counted, something that distinguishes it from past UL a football teams.
Trying really hard to see it this way. It was a good 4th quarter but, my god, Jack Plummer is still a major liability. That Pick 6 was inexcusable and giving up sacks at key moments in the 3rd just can't happen. Thankful for a defense that stepped up when it mattered most and having a back up RB like Guerendo is huge!

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Trying really hard to see it this way. It was a good 4th quarter but, my god, Jack Plummer is still a major liability. That Pick 6 was inexcusable and giving up sacks at key moments in the 3rd just can't happen. Thankful for a defense that stepped up when it mattered most and having a back up RB like Guerendo is huge!
When IG comes charging through a hole, watch out! I wouldn’t want to try and tackle that runaway freight train.

Exactly championship teams win games like last night
love brohm motto play to the last snap it worked last night

We lost a game we shouldn't have: Pitt

We won a game we MAYBE shouldn't have: UVA

It balanced out.

That was a GREAT effort by Virginia.

I thought the Betting Line was crap from the gitgo.

Virginia and their staff and players look like they get up for big games.

Missing two chipshot FGAs hurt badly.

A lot of good comments on this thread and I don’t like to think ahead but it is hard not to. If we take care of business we have a chance but then politics could raise its ugly head. I agree with you on Guerendo once he gets going he is hard to stop. I remember what the Cincinnati players said about Michael Bush when we played them and I think it fits Guerendo. Once he gets going tackling him is like tackling a bag of bricks.

Reactions: Guardman
There's going to be games like this, especially on a short week, and Louisville snatching the win from the jaws of defeat shows the resilience of this team. However, for Louisville to beat a team like FSU and a top opponent in the bowl game, the offense has got to be less predictable.

There are many different theories on why Brohm has been generic with the play calling, especially after the Pitt game. I subscribe to the Brohm just doesn't trust his QB one.

However, Brohm apparently has zero confidence in his backups so he's decided to limit much of the play calls he's been known for with Plummer out there. This gets more and more riskier as the games progress and we saw it last night.

Opponents aren't going to allow Louisville just to run the ball down hill all game. Playing smash mouth football is not exactly what is expected or likely the solution to Plummer's inconsistent performances.

I think Brohm brought Plummer in as a transitional QB for his first Cards team, not fully expecting a possible playoff berth in his first season. He now has to work around his QB's obvious limitations by utilizing the running game more than usual. And he does have two great ones at RB.

I'm guessing Brohm just doesn't feel confident enough Plummer will make the right read or option in many of the misdirection plays Brohm is known for. Plummer is not a running threat and has slow feet in the backfield, so he wouldn't be very successful avoiding sacks.

Brohm needs a QB who can use his legs as a threat and since he doesn't, he's decided to tone down the offense and win with defense. That's my take. I could be totally wrong. I do believe that starting with Miami, Brohm knows he needs to add a little more flair to the offense as opponents stack the box against the run.

If, and a big if, but if we win our remaining 3 and have ousted an undefeated FSU team, our resume holds up. Somebody check me, but I think we’d be 12-1 overall with 9 wins vs P5 teams with winning records (only Murray, UVA and IU would not be winning record teams as P5 victories and IU has 3 winnable games actually to possibly make it 10).

There's going to be games like this, especially on a short week, and Louisville snatching the win from the jaws of defeat shows the resilience of this team. However, for Louisville to beat a team like FSU and a top opponent in the bowl game, the offense has got to be less predictable.

There are many different theories on why Brohm has been generic with the play calling, especially after the Pitt game. I subscribe to the Brohm just doesn't trust his QB one.

However, Brohm apparently has zero confidence in his backups so he's decided to limit much of the play calls he's been known for with Plummer out there. This gets more and more riskier as the games progress and we saw it last night.

Opponents aren't going to allow Louisville just to run the ball down hill all game. Playing smash mouth football is not exactly what is expected or likely the solution to Plummer's inconsistent performances.

I think Brohm brought Plummer in as a transitional QB for his first Cards team, not fully expecting a possible playoff berth in his first season. He now has to work around his QB's obvious limitations by utilizing the running game more than usual. And he does have two great ones at RB.

I'm guessing Brohm just doesn't feel confident enough Plummer will make the right read or option in many of the misdirection plays Brohm is known for. Plummer is not a running threat and has slow feet in the backfield, so he wouldn't be very successful avoiding sacks.

Brohm needs a QB who can use his legs as a threat and since he doesn't, he's decided to tone down the offense and win with defense. That's my take. I could be totally wrong. I do believe that starting with Miami, Brohm knows he needs to add a little more flair to the offense as opponents stack the box against the run.
We only have 4 games remaining this season now (assuming the ACC Championship game + a bowl) so Brohm can start using Clarkson and not burn his Red Shirt year; throw our opponents off some.

If, and a big if, but if we win our remaining 3 and have ousted an undefeated FSU team, our resume holds up. Somebody check me, but I think we’d be 12-1 overall with 9 wins vs P5 teams with winning records (only Murray, UVA and IU would not be winning record teams as P5 victories and IU has 3 winnable games actually to possibly make it 10).
Louisville will never make a playoff as long as participants are chosen with the opinions of a “committee”. Never.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT