ADVERTISEMENT

Huntley-Hatfield

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
BHH on Payne: "He's another true father to me. . . . I feel like he's developed me into something that I didn't see. I was caught up in trying to play a certain way. . . . He's opened up a new part of my game. ... He's everything to me."

Asked if he'd like to go another season with Payne: "Of course."Negativity: "It did affect me a little bit when I heard fans boo us. . . . All that was what it was. Everybody's going to have an opinion. We just tried to focus on each other and focus on our team."

Brandon Huntley-Hatfield: "I love Louisville more than anything. I know the past season hasn't been ideal. But I want to be back on a winning team. No matter what my situation, I want to win. I know what I can do now. I know what I need to improve at. I just want to win, and that will dictate everything."

I really wish that these guys show up somewhere as a team without the coaches so they could see the number of fans that support THEM.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
It wasn't just Payne, players have to take ownership as well.
I agree but, they’re not pros. College is a coaches league and with all of the other demands on their time coupled with the limiting amount of practice hours - if you’re not getting instruction, scouting reports and the like - you don’t have much chance at high level success.

It’s a pipe dream, but I hope Huntley-Hatfield, Glenn, White, James, Clark, Johnson and Williams all come back. Would be best for traynor to go elsewhere. Bring in another stud guard and big man who can play the 4 and 5

It’s a pipe dream, but I hope Huntley-Hatfield, Glenn, White, James, Clark, Johnson and Williams all come back. Would be best for traynor to go elsewhere. Bring in another stud guard and big man who can play the 4 and 5
I hope its a dream. Basically what you are saying is that its all on Payne and not the players. None of the guys you mention, except maybe Glenn think about playing any defense. If you want to accept Clark's points, you're going to have to live with his turnovers. We use to create turnovers not produce them.

I hope it’s a dream. Basically what you are saying is that it’s all on Payne and not the players. None of the guys you mention, except maybe Glenn think about playing any defense. If you want to accept Clark's points, you're going to have to live with his turnovers. We use to create turnovers not produce them.
I’ve seen enough flashes from the guys I mentioned that I want to see them play for a real coach and see what they get out of it

Reactions: Cardiac Red
BHH, Glenn, Johnson, Williams, and Traynor I hope come back!

We are talking about mostly very young players and their ceiling is quite unclear but my guess is we have not seen the best that they can do due to bad coaching but also simply their age.

I have no idea what players will be interested in staying, what players a new HC would want back, but on the outside looking in I think you want a handful to return so that you aren't starting with 0 players.

Johnson, Glenn, and BHH would be the 3 I really would like to have come back. These are more personal reasons than some sort of fact-based statement. But that doesn't mean I don't want others back too. It feels some might have a skill set that's not overly unique.

I think Johnson could be a absolute monster by his JR season. I love Glenn's local ties and the toughness he brings. BHH has absolutely won me over and I would love to see what that guy could do in an offense that values him. But the reality is it's possible nobody returns.

I would be surprised if we see any of these guys back. I recall the words of Dre Davis who basically said he was sick of waking up every morning and realizing he was still at Louisville. I get that. Plus…have these guys been infected by KP? Constantly being told this is all broken and they are incapable of following instructions. I like all of our guys but like I said, I’ll be surprised if we see any of them back.

I would be surprised if we see any of these guys back. I recall the words of Dre Davis who basically said he was sick of waking up every morning and realizing he was still at Louisville. I get that. Plus…have these guys been infected by KP? Constantly being told this is all broken and they are incapable of following instructions. I like all of our guys but like I said, I’ll be surprised if we see any of them back.
Some good points here.

Reactions: OldhamCard335
All we know about any of these guys is based on raw talent. We haven't seen them play for an actual coach.. A coach that could actually evaluate talent could use them at their strengths and hide their weaknesses.. We haven't seen any of that yet..

Reactions: OldhamCard335
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT