ADVERTISEMENT

How to get fans back?

It seems that a win Saturday night will help
I think it's a step. It's hard to see fans returning in droves this season imo.
I just think it's a process that hopefully starts tomorrow.

Last edited:
I think it's a step. It's hard to see fans returning in droves this season imo.
I just think it's a process that hopefully starts tomorrow.

A win tonight would then bode extremely well for our next two games - a winnable game against Clemson and then Lamar’s return to UofL vs Cuse. From a strict attendance perspective, Clemson being not good will cause a lot of their usual traveling fans to stay at home.

Tyra should have perhaps looked for someone who wasn't looking to immediately leave?? Call me crazy. And if you want to fluff up Satt with his 8-4 year one, Petrino did leave him some pretty good players- Becton, Atwell, Malik, Dez, Hawkins, Creque, just to name a few. I don't like Satt, it's not a secret. Should he win, great. He'll be gone soon. Should he lose, great. He'll be gone soon. You all are hitching your wagons to a short timer.
Call me crazy? But didn’t ALL of Tom’s hires look friggin’ elsewhere other than Krag and BP2.0 because no one else with a brain would touch him?

Reactions: SoulSr
Not after this game.. Just saw this stat, we have outrushed our opponent in 9 of our last 14 losses including tonight. That’s Satterfield’s game but is it what we want for three more years? Even one more year?

Good crowd last night. Unfortunately we couldn’t finish the game. A win last night would’ve been huge. Should be a decent crowd for Lamar game. If they lose either one of the next two, the UofL vs UK game will be half UK. Sad to say I will likely sell my tickets for that game if we lose to Cuse or Duke.

I realize Bobby isn’t an exemplary family man but even he wouldn’t have hung his kids and in-laws out to dry by aiming to be horribly bad.
I tend to agree. Bobby didn’t try to intentionally lose. He just didn’t try to win. Put your self in his position. I think many would have done the same with that $14M “go away” contract provision after his support system was gone. He got the cash to take care of his family, which is what we all try to do.

Call me crazy? But didn’t ALL of Tom’s hires look friggin’ elsewhere other than Krag and BP2.0 because no one else with a brain would touch him?
JLS won. BP 1.0 won. Krag was a misstep. Charlie won. BP 2.0 won until, in his mind, it was time to leave. Satt interviewed elsewhere after a friggin’ losing season. He’s not a fit here. He doesn’t want to be here. He’s no longer welcomed here.

I tend to agree. Bobby didn’t try to intentionally lose. He just didn’t try to win. Put your self in his position. I think many would have done the same with that $14M “go away” contract provision after his support system was gone. He got the cash to take care of his family, which is what we all try to do.
I’ve been around plenty of college coaches during my playing days and afterwards. I’ve never met one that quit on his team in order to be bought out.

Reactions: kypecos
I’ve been around plenty of college coaches during my playing days and afterwards. I’ve never met one that quit on his team in order to be bought out.
So? Circumstances were unique. He did what he did, and bettered his personal situation.

I call somebody that would do that a LLWPOS. May he rot in Springfield Mizz. BTW, nice town, I traveled there several times, a couple decades ago. They deserve better, good folks, beautiful countryside.

So? Circumstances were unique. He did what he did, and bettered his personal situation.
It’s a lazy explanation and ignores reality - he had assembled a terrible staff, had an inept DC, had uneven recruiting and ignored recruiting certain position groups. It all came to a head that season and unfortunately left some some serious problems to correct.

It’s a lazy explanation and ignores reality - he had assembled a terrible staff, had an inept DC, had uneven recruiting and ignored recruiting certain position groups. It all came to a head that season and unfortunately left some some serious problems to correct.
Folks like to point out his recruiting, but Satt had the luxury of coaching many future NFL players Petrino left him. Tutu, Becton, Hawk and Dez, though, I am keenly aware the latter are practice squad/free agents. I’m sure I’m omitting a player or two. Eventually, Petrino can’t be blamed for everything currently taking place within the program. It has been since November 2018. Move on to the next excuse, I’d recommend.

Folks like to point out his recruiting, but Satt had the luxury of coaching many future NFL players Petrino left him. Tutu, Becton, Hawk and Dez, though, I am keenly aware the latter are practice squad/free agents. I’m sure I’m omitting a player or two. Eventually, Petrino can’t be blamed for everything currently taking place within the program. It has been since November 2018. Move on to the next excuse, I’d recommend.

Clearly no one on here is blaming Petrino for all the current issues. You brought it up - I shouldn’t have crawled down that hole although I disagree with what you said. Anyways, this thread is about how to get fans back in the stands.

They discontinued half price beers before kickoff on the party deck, for the rest of the season. Extremely disappointed. :confused:
The wife and I usually get 2 beers and hangout on the party deck drinking before the game, then grab a couple each and head to our seats. 6 x 4.25 = $25.50; 6 x 8.50 = $51.00.

Last edited:
Pretty popular thread, which provides a glimpse into most of the divergent opinions about attendance at UL football games.

If the report was correct: 51K Saturday night against Clemson? That is not bad, but was it because we hosted Clemson, or was it night game, or a combination of both?

The ACC is definitely P5, and yes we are middle of the road ACC in football. This is a down year, but long term it would be a huge mistake to think Clemson, FSU, Miami, VT and Pitt will remain at their current ”challenged level”.

Clemson fans were also in the top of the North End Zone. Which made it look better, but didn’t care for the orange effect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT