Ipartiedwithhopgood

Five-Star Poster
Jan 20, 2011
PG Fabio
SG El
SF Lands
PF Withers
C BHH

I have no problem with James, but I think we need a true PG on the floor. Rotate James and JJ off bench. Then Curry.

There is no reason to stick with the current starting 5. None. So I am open-minded to any change.

These are just my sad opinions on a Monday.

What's your starting 5?

Im sure there will be changes sooner or later.

Its going to be a longggggggg season. 🤮

I'd like to see them give that lineup a shot. Why not at this point?

Ellis just isn't a PG and I don't think he ever will be. His tendencies are all the opposite of what PG needs to do.

Reactions: DLMW
If anything, I would consider moving Ellis to his natural position at 2. He’s just not a PG. In your starting 5, I would replace Fabio with Hercy at PG. Doesn’t hurt to experiment at this point.

If anything, I would consider moving Ellis to his natural position at 2. He’s just not a PG. In your starting 5, I would replace Fabio with Hercy at PG. Doesn’t hurt to experiment at this point.
Having Hercy at PG with Fabio subbing a few minutes might be worth a try.

Reactions: Mayoman
I honestly don’t think any lineup combo matters that much. The coaching, player development and lack of an offensive philosophy are the real problems. Maybe a lack of discipline as well.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
What I'm having a hard time with concerning most everyone's commentary is the statement "KP can't coach." It leads me to believe that most commenting actually don't listen to KP's post-game press conferences. He literally walks us through what the play was and who was to do what... Does he do everything perfectly no, but his coaching is not the problem. I will say, he needs to move the lineups around a little bit. And I know most will come back at me about boxing out, and ball handling, but if we are being honest and objective, these have always being issues with most of these old players.

The problem is his utter and indefensible trust of El Ellis at PG. This guy is literally the reason for all of our losses. Every fvking time we have the opportunity to get back in the game, he just does the stupidest shyt or play that totally kills our momentum, ending in a 4 or 5 point swing. And on top of that, he never wants to play defense on his man. He literal comes down the floor, not even looking to set up his teammates, and just dribbles, then runs to the basket baseline, does a somersault, round off back tuck, while trying to pass the ball to a teammate being covered by 2 or 3 players. Which 9 out of 10 leads to a turnover. It's just insanity....

And from my observation, it appears his teammates don't care for him much. I honestly don't blame them, and would say it's the reason they bobble the passes so fvking much.

What I'm having a hard time with concerning most everyone's commentary is the statement "KP can't coach." It leads me to believe that most commenting actually don't listen to KP's post-game press conferences. He literally walks us through what the play was and who was to do what... Does he do everything perfectly no, but his coaching is not the problem. I will say, he needs to move the lineups around a little bit. And I know most will come back at me about boxing out, and ball handling, but if we are being honest and objective, these have always being issues with most of these old players.

The problem is his utter and indefensible trust of El Ellis at PG. This guy is literally the reason for all of our losses. Every fvking time we have the opportunity to get back in the game, he just does the stupidest shyt or play that totally kills our momentum, ending in a 4 or 5 point swing. And on top of that, he never wants to play defense on his man. He literal comes down the floor, not even looking to set up his teammates, and just dribbles, then runs to the basket baseline, does a somersault, round off back tuck, while trying to pass the ball to a teammate being covered by 2 or 3 players. Which 9 out of 10 leads to a turnover. It's just insanity....

And from my observation, it appears his teammates don't care for him much. I honestly don't blame them, and would say it's the reason they bobble the passes so fvking much.
I agree with a lot of your post but I can't blame everything on Ellis. He is waaaay too reckless and erratic at times no question.

But what about the lack of overall hustle/effort from nearly everyone? Especially on the defensive end. The casually jogging back on opposing teams fast breaks, hands down all the time, just loafing around on the floor etc. If they played with all out, or least more, heart and effort they would've won at least two of the first 3 games.

Reactions: Mayoman
Way too many questions right now about individual performances. Curry tops the list of disappearing, and after the first few half courts sets, the team abandoned any sustained effort to get the ball into the low post.

There is something wrong when comparing the contribution that Curry and Withers had demonstrated against solid ACC competition in their previous court time versus this season.

I will say that for about 25-30 minutes the Cards competed fairly well against an incredibly talented and deep Razorback team.

Black dominated James to the point of humiliation; Black got into James’ head and hoping it results in a learning experience for both James and KP going forward.

I really don’t care what they do offensively this team problem is defensively. They are terrible now tie that with a bad offensive roster you officially have a mess. Here is what happens they have their 5-6 minute scoring droughts immediately the other teams runs out to a double digit lead or make up a 10+ hole. It has happened in every game.

I predicted Arkansas would get over 10 dunks because they don’t talk on defense and can’t stay in front of anyone——yes anyone see exhibition games.

Payne-Manning-Smith know basketball but what they are coaching isn’t translating at all with this group.

James gets schooled and doesn’t nothing to stop the guy. That isn’t being competitive that is accepting he is better than you. By all accounts a great kid he will get better but his competitiveness has to change.

Way too many questions right now about individual performances. Curry tops the list of disappearing, and after the first few half courts sets, the team abandoned any sustained effort to get the ball into the low post.

There is something wrong when comparing the contribution that Curry and Withers had demonstrated against solid ACC competition in their previous court time versus this season.

I will say that for about 25-30 minutes the Cards competed fairly well against an incredibly talented and deep Razorback team.

Black dominated James to the point of humiliation; Black got into James’ head and hoping it results in a learning experience for both James and KP going forward.
Don't know what is wrong with Curry but Withers actually looks better than last season which I guess isn't too hard to do. But last year Withers was just completely broken and couldn't even make a wide open dunk.

He hasn't played great this season but his confidence appears much better. His main problem is picking up too many dumb fouls and having to ride the pine.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT