ADVERTISEMENT

Name Your Starting Lineup

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Now that the team is complete, list who you think the starting lineup will be this season.

Returning:

F- Mike James, 6'5"

F- JJ Traynor, 6'8"

F/C- Brandon Huntley-Hatfield, 6'10"

F/C- Emmanuel Okorafor, 6'9"

Incoming Recruits:

PG- Ty-Laur Johnson, 6'0" (Committed)

F- Kaleb Glenn, 6'6" (Signed)

F- Curtis Williams, 6'6" (Signed)

SG- Koron Davis, 6'7" (Signed)

C- Dennis Evans, 7'1" (Signed)

PG- Skyy Clark, 6'3" (Signed)

F/G- Trentyn Flowers, 6'8" (Signed)

F/G- Tre White, 6'6" (Signed)

F- Danilo Jovanovich, 6'8" (Signed)

The lineup could be fluid throughout the year and even during games. The competition will be intense, someone is going to get buried.

Clark
James
White
Okafor
BHH

Reactions: shadow force
I don't think Evans will be ready to start in November but may work his way into the starting lineup by seasons end. As of today I would say....

Clark
James
White
Traynor
BHH

Flowers, Evans, being the main 7.....Glenn and Johnson being the next 2 and Okorafor and Davis being used occasionally and Williams and Danilo rarely seeing the floor.

I just can't see three holdovers from last seasons nightmare starting this upcoming season. Mike James I can see, but if Traynor and BHH are starting, that's not a good sign for a drastic improvement.

Both Evans and Flowers were recruited for immediate success, not to sit behind upperclassmen who couldn't win more than 4 games. Being freshmen doesn't matter. Talent and basketball IQ do and if both have that, they will start.

I just can't see three holdovers from last seasons nightmare starting this upcoming season. Mike James I can see, but if Traynor and BHH are starting, that's not a good sign for a drastic improvement.

Both Evans and Flowers were recruited for immediate success, not to sit behind upperclassmen who couldn't win more than 4 games. Being freshmen doesn't matter. Talent and basketball IQ do and if both have that, they will start.
Flowers is much more likely to start than Evans. Evans will need to be brought along slowly. Probably best for him to be the backup five and compete for mins with Okorafor

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood

The holdovers are still here for a reason. They were the lone bright spots and the ones the staff felt most confident keeping.

Evans will not be able to play heavy minutes at the start of the season and maybe not at all during his first year. I just don't see last years second best player (James) or the All Pac 12 Freshman (White) not starting.

Clark
James
White
JJ
BHH

This lineup provides the most experience from this young team.

I agree with EKYCard that I can't see all the returning guys coming off the bench, at least to start the year. That may change later on if some of the freshman prove they're better.

Well, I certainly didn't know Evans was some kind of project. I thought he was a highly sought after recruit?

Now that the team is complete, list who you think the starting lineup will be this season.

Returning:

F- Mike James, 6'5"

F- JJ Traynor, 6'8"

F/C- Brandon Huntley-Hatfield, 6'10"

F/C- Emmanuel Okorafor, 6'9"

Incoming Recruits:

PG- Ty-Laur Johnson, 6'0" (Committed)

F- Kaleb Glenn, 6'6" (Signed)

F- Curtis Williams, 6'6" (Signed)

SG- Koron Davis, 6'7" (Signed)

C- Dennis Evans, 7'1" (Signed)

PG- Skyy Clark, 6'3" (Signed)

F/G- Trentyn Flowers, 6'8" (Signed)

F/G- Tre White, 6'6" (Signed)

F- Danilo Jovanovich, 6'8" (Signed)

F/C BHH
F Traynor
F White
F James (playing the traditional 2)
PG Clark

Primary rotation with Johnson, Evans, Flowers, and Glenn.

Before you argue, I kept JJ in the starting five because Kenny tries to reward upperclassmen and also because JJ is a legacy recruit.

Well, I certainly didn't know Evans was some kind of project. I thought he was a highly sought after recruit?
From what I've heard, Evans is good defensively and a good shot blocker but is raw in other aspects including offense. The tools and potential is there though so we'll see.

The good thing is you don’t have rush any of the freshman. I think they all are on a multi year plan. Portal is the wild card.

A lot of flexibility in this group.

1-Clark, Johnson, Miller
2-3 Flowers, James, Davis, Williams, and White.
4-JJ, BHH, Glynn, Miami Transfer
5-Okafor, Evans, BHH

Much better than last year.

His ceiling is incredibly high but he's very awkward right now and most bigs of his size need considerable time to develop the cardio ability to play 20+ minutes of high level D1 basketball. We'll probably see him in concentrated bursts where he comes in and plays in chunks.

He's a project though. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he's a 3-4 year player. Bigs like him are hit or miss. At worst I see him developing into a solid center though.

Clark
James
Flowers
White
Evans

BHH or the other big could start at the center it's open. But I feel the other 4 spots are locked in. I like JJ but feel as if he is a bench-type player.

I think he needs to start Flowers. He's your top recruit and it's big picture important for him to do well here.
I struggled with whether or not to put Flowers as a starter but I can see your point. This would be my alternative starting lineup. I don't see White coming off the bench either being an All Freshman PAC player.

Clark
Flowers
James
White
BHH

Reactions: J_Lewis0117
I struggled whether or not to put Flowers as a starter but I can see your point. This would be my alternative starting lineup. I don't see White coming off the bench either being an All Freshman PAC player.

Clark
Flowers
James
White
BHH
I like it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT