ADVERTISEMENT

Heart, Hustle, And Grit

VJ is a University of VJ fan.
He needs to be a University of Louisville fan.

Need Rodney McCray to have a Man to Man session and talk with VJ.
VJ King is plain awful and Selfish .our lead dwindled every time he came back into the game.especially late when he chucked up 2 awful shots and got lost on defense for an easy shot and an open three. I think he should be no better than the 9th or 10th man on this team. Everyone plays smarter and harder than him, . He is a selfish player , once he gets the ball he is either going to. Take a bad shot or go to the basket and miss a layup. He should have laid the ball in against Marquette to win the game instead throwing up an off balance shot . He never seems to know what the time and situation calls for

I think a huge tell on this team last night was the fact that 3 of our supposed best players (Enock, King, Perry) played a TOTAL of 37 minutes! That is huge and shows we are definitely a little deeper than everyone thought. Big win, was there, atmosphere was awesome----lets &*^%$^*% roll!!!!

I think a huge tell on this team last night was the fact that 3 of our supposed best players (Enock, King, Perry) played a TOTAL of 37 minutes! That is huge and shows we are definitely a little deeper than everyone thought. Big win, was there, atmosphere was awesome----lets &*^%$^*% roll!!!!
This is one factor that I really do love about Mack. He’s playing the guys who are giving it their all for the name on the front of the jersey and not the players who think should be playing.

Agreed, and he puts guys in spots for that specific moment. Thought he did a really good job last night with offensive/defensive substitutions when it mattered. One factor that I also see is when guys mess up, they don't have to overly worry about being taken out. That used to drive me crazy with Pitino. Mack rips their ass, but uses it as a coaching opportunity. Nwora is a prime example......

Agreed, and he puts guys in spots for that specific moment. Thought he did a really good job last night with offensive/defensive substitutions when it mattered. One factor that I also see is when guys mess up, they don't have to overly worry about being taken out. That used to drive me crazy with Pitino. Mack rips their ass, but uses it as a coaching opportunity. Nwora is a prime example......
Yeah he was really barking at Malik trying to get him in position on defense. He has more emotion than what I thought and he never took his coat off... I like to see what makes that happen!

December 29th:)

Man, Malik's stats weren't great last night and he took a few bad shots, that dude was BATTLING MSU's bigs. He played hard and their bigs were doing everything they could to get position. Didn't know he had that in him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cue Card
I like this take. Mack seems to quickly analyze what is needed on the floor and goes with the guy that can provide that need at the time. Also, Mack doesn’t seem to feel any one player must be on the floor at all times to have success. His substitutions are more like chess moves and he makes each move strategically. He has ten interchangeable parts and uses them well.

VJ is a University of VJ fan.
He needs to be a University of Louisville fan.

Need Rodney McCray to have a Man to Man session and talk with VJ.
VJ is not playing as well as we all hoped (including VJ) but he is not selfish and self centered. Despite the lack of significant playing time last night, he was active on the bench and pulling for the guys who were getting it done. VJ just can't get and keep confidence in what he can do for the team.

I agree and if you look at the video, he was jumping and laughing and right in the middle. He just has to find his edge and contribute, where needed. Its obvious we don't HAVE to have 15 a night from him, but to be a tournament team and compete, he needs to produce something!

Still a lot of games left to play. I think VJ will come up big in at least a few of them. I agree that it was good to see him smiling and cheering along with the best of them after this win. King just needs to find his niche with this team, and even if he isn't scoring he has to do other things to supplement his game such as rebounding, deflections, solid defense, etc.

And dont forget VJ was the first guy to commit to UL the after strippergate! We owe him a little gratitude, even though his play has been lackluster, it was a sign that UL was going to get past a very rough situation.

Similar to Nickelberry for Mack!

And dont forget VJ was the first guy to commit to UL the after strippergate! We owe him a little gratitude, even though his play has been lackluster, it was a sign that UL was going to get past a very rough situation.

Similar to Nickelberry for Mack!
True, but lets hope Nickelberry has a better college career.

Still a lot of games left to play. I think VJ will come up big in at least a few of them. I agree that it was good to see him smiling and cheering along with the best of them after this win.
That's right.Be a good teammate ,cheer for the team to win and good things will happen.

Some players just turn out to not be as great of a player as they were touted coming out of HS. I’ve never seen any indication VJ doesn’t care or isn’t trying. I think he often second guesses himself and appears tentative. Contrast him to Russ Smith who was not highly regarded when he came to Louisville. That guy never believed he couldn’t do something.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT