ADVERTISEMENT

Head Scratcher...

Every media outlet in the country is calling us cheaters today. You good with that? I'm not.
No one called you or any other fan of UofL football a cheater. I'm not trying to call you out but, it's this type of over dramatized personalized angst over something that, unless you're somehow directly involved, has really nothing to do with you. It doesn't reflect on you as a fan or person - to suggest otherwise is silly.

We are fans of the sports programs at UofL. If you feel that somehow there is some sort of transitory property to you as a fan - whether the event is positive or negative, then I would suggest that you need to take a step back from your fandom and try to gain some perspective.

You may want to pick again.

I heard on the radio that Indiana was one of those receiving WF plays.

And they DID lose to WF.

Seems to me having WF's game plan is NOT a good thing.

Maybe so. If IU is involved, it will come out. As of when I typed the post, IU hadn't been mentioned. Only problem IU has had for awhile is a coach that made players play through injuries, ignored concussion protocol, etc. They took care of that problem.

No one called you or anyone other fan of UofL football a cheater. I'm not trying to call you out but, it's this type of over dramatized personalized angst over something that, unless you're somehow directly involved, has really nothing to do with you. It doesn't reflect on you as a fan or person - to suggest otherwise is silly.

We are fans of the sports programs at UofL. If you feel that somehow there is some sort of transitory property to you as a fan - whether the event is positive or negative, then I would suggest that you need to take a step back from your fandom and try to gain some perspective.

Appreciate the sentiment. Yes, I'm a big fan. Yes, I'm embarrassed. If this doesn't bother you, my only assumption is that you're not as passionate in your fandom as I am in mine. No insult intended there, so please don't take it that way.

Appreciate the sentiment. Yes, I'm a big fan. Yes, I'm embarrassed. If this doesn't bother you, my only assumption is that you're not as passionate in your fandom as I am in mine. No insult intended there, so please don't take it that way.
Been a fan for 30 years - season tickets in basketball & football, been to about 10 bowl games, have traveled to watch the basketball team in the tournament and make a handful of baseball games a year - and though I realize it's not a contest - I'd consider myself a pretty big fan of UofL.

That said, I'm passionate about things that are personal in my life - family & friends. I don't get personally embarrassed by things that I have no control over or, that have only an ancillary and indirect bearing on my life and, I'm not insulted by that perspective at all.

I don't want to own all this. I'd be ok if was in isolated incident every few years, but in the here and now we have 3 separate things going on just within the athletic department.

And if it's too much it is ok for you to take a step back and support from a further distance, or in some kind of different capacity.

We can't rewrite history.

Our AD appears to view the WF fiasco to be disappointing but a non issue in regards to discipline at this time.

If this doesn't bother you, my only assumption is that you're not as passionate in your fandom as I am in mine.

Kratz is #1!

Seriously dude, anybody that is posting is passionate.

It's ok for different points of view.

For me personally, not that you asked but.....

Since you are making it clear national perception is very important to you, I don't know how you are currently even supporting the two big sports given all this. You should have tapped out years ago, and it would have been understandable if you did.

Hard to fathom THIS being your breaking point, or near breaking point....wherever you are.

Hopefully you can get back to just enjoying all the fun winning and entertainment soon enough. I am pulling for you, and I'm not kidding.

Reactions: Cue Card and zipp
I think putting things into perspective is a big problem. Not just with fans, but the media as well.

This issue has turned into a big story.

Florida, Georgia and Texas A&M combined for 68 arrested players in 2015. Not a big story.

It's easier for people to wrap their minds around an issue like stealing a playbook. 68 guys on a conga line into the jail house is a lot harder to wrap your mind around.

We've been unlucky that our scandals are titillating (no pun intended). Great stories for the media, great for click-bait.

Reactions: BPGhost
Laugh if you please.

Just repeating what Howie Lindsay was a part of when he was on the Leland Conway show on WHAS this morning. Conway said it. Howie didn't correct him.

But IU was mentioned with Army.

I think you misunderstood as to why I am laughing. I believe you and what you heard. I am laughing because somebody in this thread, or another thread, was using IU as an example of having moral character when it sounds like they got and used the info too....and didn't report it.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Kratz is #1!

Seriously dude, anybody that is posting is passionate.

It's ok for different points of view.

For me personally, not that you asked but.....

Since you are making it clear national perception is very important to you, I don't know how you are currently even supporting the two big sports given all this. You should have tapped out years ago, and it would have been understandable if you did.

Hard to fathom THIS being your breaking point, or near breaking point....wherever you are.

Hopefully you can get back to just enjoying all the fun winning and entertainment soon enough. I am pulling for you, and I'm not kidding.

I get what you're saying and I do appreciate it. Truthfully, I've already pretty much tapped out on hoops. Go check the basketball board and see if you find any posts from me. I've watched 2 games this year. The loss in the Bahamas and one of the cupcake wins. The dorm scandal is the direct cause of that. The thought of 15-16 year old girls being involved in that turns my stomach. That's because I have 4 daughters and can't imagine them being in such a situation.

It's just one thing after another for a school that I really love, and it's pretty much all self inflicted. We used to pride ourselves on having a good program for the most part and ragging the UK fans for all the shenanigans going on in Lexington. Now the roles are reversed.

UK isn't in any kind of trouble that I know of, and we're already in trouble in basketball, now it looks like football is going to get hit too.

Maybe I am getting too close to the straw that broke the camels back. I just want a program that I can "be proud" of.

Our VP at work lives in Tampa and comes to the plant a couple of times per month. He is NOT a college sports fan, but knows that I love UofL. He came in this morning and asked me "What the hell is going on with your team"?

So this guy in Florida that doesn't follow college sports is hearing about it and it's all bad.

I also think part of it is my personality. I am ex Air Force. At the Air Force Academy there is a credo: "We do not lie, cheat, steal, nor tolerate any among us who do". I live by that. So to see this stuff repeatedly happening really bothers me.

I've been loving football. Good team, historic win over FSU, Heisman winner, Petrino looking like the changed man we all hoped he would be. Then this all had to come crashing down on that.

Is it too much to ask to simply run a pretty clean program? (NO program is completely clean, I know that).

Uhhhh........ Indiana, UK, WKU. Anything scandalous about them in the paper or on the net today? Cincinnati is looking for a football coach if you want to call that scandalous. I'm just trying to keep a 100 mile radius here.
One more Kerry...

Squeaky clean indeed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/early-lead/wp/2016/09/22/indiana-football-player-arrested-on-charges-of-child-molestation-dismissed-from-team/

Indiana- Child Molestation

http://www.wbko.com/content/sports/WKU-running-back-Baker-arrested-Sunday-376890011.html

Western Kentucky- DUI and drug possession

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...16/03/04/uk-walk--fullback-arrested/81320836/

Kentucky- Theft, Public intoxication and Fleeing and Evading police.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...02/22/uk-olb-jason-hatcher-arrested/80747786/

Kentucky- Drug Trafficking

Those all happened this year. When Butch Jones coached at Cincinnati the paper used to call it a "weekly tradition" of UC football players being arrested.

FSU and their Heisman winning QB are quite the choirboys. Winston just finished paying off the woman that still claims he raped her and the police blotter in Tallahassee is an annually busy one. Jameis Winston's would be successor DeAndre Johnson punched a woman at a bar in the face. Nice.

You don't even want to get into what Urban Meyer's choirboys have done thru the years. How about the Vandy 3 Drug Rape case? The multiple sexual assaults and cover up at Baylor that went all the way to the University president. The SEC? While you're at it look up Norte Dame football arrests. I could go on but I'm tired of typing.

Tell me again how embarrassing it is what Lonnie Galloway did or didn't do.

And I don't want to be in the category of any of them. You want to be the next Tennessee, Miami, Baylor (insert school name here) or would you rather run a pretty clean program that wins?

No program is going to be perfect, but DAMN can't we slow down on the trouble for awhile?

And I don't want to be in the category of any of them. You want to be the next Tennessee, Miami, Baylor (insert school name here) or would you rather run a pretty clean program that wins?

No program is going to be perfect, but DAMN can't we slow down on the trouble for awhile?
I'm just responding to your post about the area schools and no this incident doesn't even come close to putting us in their catagory. Use the annual "Fulmer Cup" for reference.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
I'm just responding to your post about the area schools and no this incident doesn't even come close to putting us in their catagory. Use the annual "Fulmer Cup" for reference.

You're correct, this one incident doesn't. But when you add up all the "incidents" it starts to look pretty bad. And as I pointed out in another thread, most all of our problems are completely staff related. It's not the kids, it's the staff getting in trouble. That just makes it worse.

I know this point has been made before but: Elrod gives Galloway a few plays he has knowledge of. Assume we use that information. We are labeled the "Bad Guys"

Lamar Thomas gives the entire UL Playbook to the entire UK staff, they use it...no problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT