Head Coaching Candidates

Now compare top 5 wins between coaches.
Compare worse losses

63-14 Loss to a 7-5 Auburn team. Really got them up for that SEC powerhouse

Loss to a 7-6 Nevada team. In year 3.

Eastern Michigan, AT HOME

This is now his 5th season, the first 4 he never finished over .500
3 of his 5 seasons at Purdue? Losing record. 2 winning seasons in 5 years

And you're right, Scott took over a true powerhouse and Jeff took over a FCS level team. Scott didn't even have any rebuilding to do at all! Let's give him James Franklin and Kirby Smart level money? Dabo only makes $8 million, lets get it done!

And Jeff Brohm is worth it because in the crazies coaching carousel offseason ever, he's been at the top of every single list! He's telling Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Florida, and many others that he'll only leave for Louisville and that's what's happening! We gotta get it done because we lost to sUcKs and we can't have any more losses in our Super Bowl!

Jeff Brohm class rankings:
2017: #68 (just took over)
2018 #49
2019 #26
2020 #30
2021 #77

Scott Satterfield class rankings
2019: #86 (year 1, Bobby's class essentially)
2020: #40
2021: #29

Yep. Jeff is gonna be the man to take us over the top with all that great recruiting of all the (non-existent) 5 star talent in Jefferson County. And his high powered staff with great recruiters, no wait, it's a bunch of his own guys running his system and not many from down south.

But yeah, $7 Million for Jeff and his 2 games under .500 record over 5 years and his recruiting that doesn't even look special. But yeah, we're gonna have way more money to spend and we're such an easier place to recruit to where he'll get top 25 classes with our program behind him.

But he was our QB and from here, so he gets a pass!! Let's give him a deal bigger than Bobby and have like a $20 million buyout!
If your post was designed to prove that Brohm has done better in a much harder conference with lesser talent than satterfield - then congratulations “Mission accomplished!”

If your post was designed to prove that Brohm has done better in a much harder conference with lesser talent than satterfield - then congratulations “Mission accomplished!”
1 regular season over .500 in 5 seasons.

But yeah, those losses to Nevada, Eastern Michigan, and Rutgers were just too much talent to overcome. Let's give him top 10 coach money!

Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Northwestern, Nebraska, & Indiana on his yearly schedule just screams way harder, almost SEC West level! I mean Clemson, FSU, UVA, NC State, Wake, BC, & Cuse plus ND in rotation is just Conference USA level.

Why is he not on any other short list we've been reading like Notre Dame, Florida, LSU, ???

I mean I guess in Cardinal World it's "He's telling Notre Dame no because he's a Card for life and wants the job!"

Last edited:
Maybe Jeff Brohm was smart in 2018

He knew this was a tough rebuild. He saw the roster/recruiting challenges. He saw the defensive issues, and to be real, Jeff's teams aren't known for defense. He knew how hard it would be and thought, let some other guy take the hits a few years and he'd come in a savior. So he can come in now and have lower expectations starting out and he's the savior, but it's a much better roster and won't take as long to get back.

This fan base was never going to accept Scott, and that's not Vince's fault. We wanted Brohm and it hurt. We wanted Bobby 1.0 and Lamar/Teddy. Scott is a positive southerner. He's about physical/run oriented football and he wants to build a foundation. If Jeff Brohm was coach, we'd still be in the same spot. The first year we did fine on offense, but had the worst defense in the nation, Jeff Brohm is like Bobby and it would've still been awful. We wouldn't have brought in Ledford and the offensive line would still be awful. The depth would still be awful.

This was always going to be a build, but Jeff was smart not to take the job in 2018 as he knew it would take a while. He already was facing a similar build at Purdue and knew the frustration. He knew that the worst part of the build was the 2-3rd year was going to be when the depth issues would pop up where Bobby left nothing. Whether Satt is here or not, he took a lot of bullets and the program is in better shape. The culture was shot. The fanbase was hurt from all the scandals. The roster was in shambles. And on top of that, those bluenecks were winning and beating us bad. Not to mention a COVID-19 pandemic. The fact that after all we've went through, we now have a 6-6 team in a bowl just 3 years later, an offensive line that's probably one of the best/deepest we've ever had, and a defense that has some playmakers and far removed from the Sirmon/VanGorder mess.

Now that it's a few years later, Satt would be leaving a 1,000,000 times better situation than the one he inherited in 2018. Brohm would be taking a 6-6 team over that was mainly underclassmen coming back, lower expectations, and he wouldn't be sweating a 4-5 year build. Honestly, genius planning. If Jeff comes in, he'll have a great foundation to build from because of Satt.

1 regular season over .500 in 5 seasons.

But yeah, those losses to Nevada, Eastern Michigan, and Rutgers were just too much talent to overcome. Let's give him top 10 coach money!

Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Northwestern, Nebraska, & Indiana on his yearly schedule just screams way harder, almost SEC West level! I mean Clemson, FSU, UVA, NC State, Wake, BC, & Cuse plus ND in rotation is just Conference USA level.

Why is he not on any other short list we've been reading like Notre Dame, Florida, LSU, ???

I mean I guess in Cardinal World it's "He's telling Notre Dame no because he's a Card for life and wants the job!"
I get it - satterfield is awesome and besides, UofL is bankrupt, so even if he was merely excellent - satterfield is by far the best that we can afford or deserve and besides, the uk game is just one of 12 every year so no big deal that satterfield can’t beat them. Brohm sucks and will always suck because he’s not taken purdoo to multiple B1G titles. While we’re at it - when it comes to sucking - so did / does Jurich.

Maybe try losing the snark - and a few of the exclamation points - and try to have a conversation like an adult instead of a 12 year old girl.

I get it - satterfield is awesome and besides, UofL is bankrupt, so even if he was merely excellent - satterfield is by far the best that we can afford or deserve and besides, the uk game is just one of 12 every year so no big deal that satterfield can’t beat them. Brohm sucks and will always suck because he’s not taken purdoo to multiple B1G titles. While we’re at it - when it comes to sucking - so did / does Jurich.

Maybe try losing the snark - and a few of the exclamation points - and try to have a conversation like an adult instead of a 12 year old girl.
Or simply,

1. Jeff Brohm isn't worth $7 million a year. That's money you give to ELITE coaches or extending guys you have.
2. Jeff Brohm is good not perfect, and every critique of Scott you can apply to Jeff.
3. Satterfield isn't that bad and inherited a mess. He isn't amazing, but nothing Jeff has done is much better
4. Jurich/Petrino is the reason we're rebuilding in football.
5. Jurich is right behind Denny/Howard/Rick as important to our athletic dept. We owe him everything.
6. The roster just wasn't good this year. Young, injuries, size, depth, etc. 6-6 is about right.

Or simply,

1. Jeff Brohm isn't worth $7 million a year. That's money you give to ELITE coaches or extending guys you have.
2. Jeff Brohm is good not perfect, and every critique of Scott you can apply to Jeff.
3. Satterfield isn't that bad and inherited a mess. He isn't amazing, but nothing Jeff has done is much better
5. Jurich is right behind Denny/Howard/Rick as important to our athletic dept. We owe him everything.
6. The roster just wasn't good this year. Young, injuries, size, depth, etc. 6-6 is about right.
Why do you keep using 7M when referring to Brohm? That’s not what he makes - not even close. Are you suggesting that’s what UofL would have to pay him to get him under contract?

Is Mel Tucker an “elite” coach? He’s 12-7 at MSU - a significantly better program and job than purdoo and, one that was in head and shoulders better shape when he was hired. He just got 10 yrs and 95M. Do you think Brohm wouldn’t be at least 12-7 as MSU’s coach? I sure don’t think satterfield would be…

Why do you keep using 7M when referring to Brohm? That’s not what he makes - not even close. Are you suggesting that’s what UofL would have to pay him to get him under contract?

Is Mel Tucker an “elite” coach? He’s 12-7 at MSU - a significantly better program and job than purdoo and, one that was in head and shoulders better shape when he was hired. He just got 10 yrs and 95M. Do you think Brohm wouldn’t be at least 12-7 as MSU’s coach? I sure don’t think satterfield would be…
He makes $6+ million.
You probably have to pay him more than he currently makes. Or let me guess, he's going to take less money to come home to a lateral move job?

"USA Today and 247 Sports each reported in October 2019 that Brohm earned $6.6 million in 2019. The actual number is slightly higher, at $6.825 million. The vast majority of that money — $3.9 million — comes from media and marketing appearances."

So yes, he does make that kind of money. Purdue has a lot of alumni with money and we'd have to bid for him. He's worth it to them because they don't think they'd do better. Do we double our coaching salary for a guy who isn't clearly better than Satt other than he's from here and we like him more? Paying more to do the same? What's left for assistants, probably not much and it'll be his same staff of guys that fit his system rather than big time recruiters.

As for Mel Tucker, that's what the market demanded as schools like LSU, USC, etc. were coming for him and that's what it took to keep him. You pay that money to keep, not to poach. Has LSU, ND, USC, OU, Florida, etc. even tried to interview Brohm? Seriously, all these big jobs and he's not even being considered. Now I don't think the Tucker deal is smart, but then again Michigan State is in another league than us financially and they're a power program.

I've been victim to simply comparing apples to apples when it comes to Brohm and Satterfield but there's no real way you can compare them.

You can still hate the idea of hiring Jeff Brohm because his record doesn't look good but what you can't deny is the fact that the entire attitude and atmosphere that Brohm would create would be light years better than Satterfield. I'll tell you a few of the of the things that would improve that don't show up on his Wiki page.

- Local recruiting would instantly skyrocket.
- Tweets by Vince Marrow publicly clowning the program would not occur
- The UK lack of attitude and gameplanning vs UK would have been totally changed
- Booster support would instantly improve
- Ticket sales would instantly improve
- The timid, aw shucks attitude of the program would change
- Chris Vaughn's insistence on sending every good player that he works out to UK would probably stop

Here's the thing - Does anyone out there think Jeff Brohm would do a worse job than Satterfield? Anyone? I would wager even the most ardent CSS supporters would say no. So...what do you have to lose by firing him? I've already listed how things off the field would improve drastically and we all agree that in the absolute worst case scenario he's not going to do worse....why not fire him? My guess is if it doesn't happen this year then Brohm doesn't want the job....there's absolutely no way that in private VT is happy with or convinced that CSS is the right guy for this job.

We can give Satterfield another year. If Vince is convinced he's the guy. Vince just has to be ready to take the financial hit on ticket sales and the butterfly effect of that.

I believe this is probably false. There were a lot of people very accepting of him after his first season.
Absolutely the fan base accepted him. He is a personable guy and I for one, thought that perhaps we were getting a Swinney type guy - straight shooter who would be here for a while.

All that went out the window with the SCjr move. Being a mediocre coach hasn’t helped either.

He makes $6+ million.
You probably have to pay him more than he currently makes. Or let me guess, he's going to take less money to come home to a lateral move job?

"USA Today and 247 Sports each reported in October 2019 that Brohm earned $6.6 million in 2019. The actual number is slightly higher, at $6.825 million. The vast majority of that money — $3.9 million — comes from media and marketing appearances."

So yes, he does make that kind of money. Purdue has a lot of alumni with money and we'd have to bid for him. He's worth it to them because they don't think they'd do better. Do we double our coaching salary for a guy who isn't clearly better than Satt other than he's from here and we like him more? Paying more to do the same? What's left for assistants, probably not much and it'll be his same staff of guys that fit his system rather than big time recruiters.

As for Mel Tucker, that's what the market demanded as schools like LSU, USC, etc. were coming for him and that's what it took to keep him. You pay that money to keep, not to poach. Has LSU, ND, USC, OU, Florida, etc. even tried to interview Brohm? Seriously, all these big jobs and he's not even being considered. Now I don't think the Tucker deal is smart, but then again Michigan State is in another league than us financially and they're a power program.
Brohm’s contract is for 36.8M over 7 years. You do the math and tell me what you come up with. Spoiler alert - it’s 5.25M. Certainly not chump change but a far cry from the 7M you keep throwing out.

I believe this is probably false. There were a lot of people very accepting of him after his first season.
Re-phrase, it was going to take a lot for this fan base to accept him.

We're also wishy washy.

We were just hoping for a competitive season in 2019 after 2-10. Accepted it's a rebuild
Start 7-4 and we're thinking we're going to be right back in the top 25 like we never left
We then were pumped to beat sUcKs
Then lost big and thought Scott didn't get it
Beat MSU and think we're darkhorse ACC championship level
Ready to fire Bryan Brown after the GT loss
Then after ND and Wake to end 2020, Brown is a genius
Lost Tutu/Dez/Hawkins but thought we'd not miss a beat
Thought Ole Miss was overrated. Lost and then wanted Scott gone
UCF win gets us back on board.
Close losses UVA, NC State, Clemson means we're done
Blowout Cuse & Duke? sUcKs is going down and we're possibly ranked going into 2022
Loss to sUcKs and now we need to fire Scott after a 6-6 season

Like Reagan asked, are you better off than you were 3 years ago? Yes yes yes. The base of the program is much stronger. The line is way better. The offense and skill spots are fine. We have a solid 1st string and have improved from the VanGorder 2018 mess. We don't evaluate from, is it better, but rather what we feel in the moment.

Brohm’s contract is for 36.8M over 7 years. You do the math and tell me what you come up with. Spoiler alert - it’s 5.25M. Certainly not chump change but a far cry from the 7M you keep throwing out.
Glad you're not negotiating the deal my friend (and sorry if Im snarky, typing and such you can't put emotion is, I'm a bit of a keyboard jerk when sports trash talking lol. Nothing personal at all!)

But below is again, the calculation. Your number is the base of the deal when he started, but not factoring in bonuses and other perks of his deal. He has a great deal at Purdue, we'll have to pay big to get him and give him a lot of autonomy/control like was given to Bobby.

"USA Today and 247 Sports each reported in October 2019 that Brohm earned $6.6 million in 2019. The actual number is slightly higher, at $6.825 million. The vast majority of that money — $3.9 million — comes from media and marketing appearances.

Brohm’s base salary as defined by the initial employee agreement is $300,000 per year, with the rest of his pay falling under “supplemental stipends” and performance bonuses.

The bonuses are calculated as a percentage of a performance bonus base of $1.5 million, according to his contract. The maximum amount he can earn in bonuses is $1.29 million.

“It seems almost like a dartboard type of number,” Putman said. “If he got every single bonus, it doesn’t equal $1.5 million because it’s not supposed to. That’s just where they’re drawing the ceiling.”

Brohm can earn two academic bonuses, maxing out at $90,000 each: one for achieving a team graduation rate above the national rate for Football Bowl Subdivision schools and one for meeting or exceeding a cumulative GPA set by the athletic director.

Season-performance bonuses include high finishes in the Big Ten and/or Big Ten West, appearances in postseason games ranging from the College Football Playoff to a game earned by a 6-6 season finish, a top-25 recruiting class ranking and various levels of Coach of the Year awards.

The reported $6.6 million salary may come from a calculation based on Brohm’s base salary, his 2019 media payout and the retention incentives added in the second amendment, without considering earned bonuses.

In 2019, Brohm earned three of his possible bonuses. He earned both academic bonuses, according to Purdue spokesperson Tim Doty, and Purdue’s 2019 recruiting class finished 25th in 247Sports’ rankings. This would bring his bonuses to $225,000 for the year."

Re-phrase, it was going to take a lot for this fan base to accept him.

We're also wishy washy.

We were just hoping for a competitive season in 2019 after 2-10. Accepted it's a rebuild
Start 7-4 and we're thinking we're going to be right back in the top 25 like we never left
We then were pumped to beat sUcKs
Then lost big and thought Scott didn't get it
Beat MSU and think we're darkhorse ACC championship level
Ready to fire Bryan Brown after the GT loss
Then after ND and Wake to end 2020, Brown is a genius
Lost Tutu/Dez/Hawkins but thought we'd not miss a beat
Thought Ole Miss was overrated. Lost and then wanted Scott gone
UCF win gets us back on board.
Close losses UVA, NC State, Clemson means we're done
Blowout Cuse & Duke? sUcKs is going down and we're possibly ranked going into 2022
Loss to sUcKs and now we need to fire Scott after a 6-6 season

Like Reagan asked, are you better off than you were 3 years ago? Yes yes yes. The base of the program is much stronger. The line is way better. The offense and skill spots are fine. We have a solid 1st string and have improved from the VanGorder 2018 mess. We don't evaluate from, is it better, but rather what we feel in the moment.

You're not full blown straw man but you are laying the hyperbole on pretty thick. .

There's a reason this community isn't all that large in this space right now. There's a reason ticket sales for the bowl are going to be super low. There's a reason every single thread in the last week is negative. Why do you think that is sport?

No, it's not because fans are wishy washy.

It's because the program is down. Very down. The season is over. It wasn't a particularly good year.

Sorry to break the news to ya.

I've been victim to simply comparing apples to apples when it comes to Brohm and Satterfield but there's no real way you can compare them.

You can still hate the idea of hiring Jeff Brohm because his record doesn't look good but what you can't deny is the fact that the entire attitude and atmosphere that Brohm would create would be light years better than Satterfield. I'll tell you a few of the of the things that would improve that don't show up on his Wiki page.

- Local recruiting would instantly skyrocket.
- Tweets by Vince Marrow publicly clowning the program would not occur
- The UK lack of attitude and gameplanning vs UK would have been totally changed
- Booster support would instantly improve
- Ticket sales would instantly improve
- The timid, aw shucks attitude of the program would change
- Chris Vaughn's insistence on sending every good player that he works out to UK would probably stop

Here's the thing - Does anyone out there think Jeff Brohm would do a worse job than Satterfield? Anyone? I would wager even the most ardent CSS supporters would say no. So...what do you have to lose by firing him? I've already listed how things off the field would improve drastically and we all agree that in the absolute worst case scenario he's not going to do worse....why not fire him? My guess is if it doesn't happen this year then Brohm doesn't want the job....there's absolutely no way that in private VT is happy with or convinced that CSS is the right guy for this job.

We can give Satterfield another year. If Vince is convinced he's the guy. Vince just has to be ready to take the financial hit on ticket sales and the butterfly effect of that.
Local recruiting and mean tweets from Slapd*cks will stop. Fans will be happy. So basically the same resume with a fresh Louisville coat of paint? If you think Satt is limited and such, fine. Get rid of him. But if we want to pay $7million, and yes Brohm is getting $6.8 at Purdue, for "just doing better than Satt". Get me a coach that's going to be the real deal if we're spending that money. Not Satterfield's resume with a Louisville degree.

Local recruiting isn't winning games in the ACC. Charlie Strong went to Florida and was recruiting against Joker Phillips, he didn't have any competition.

I mean here are the local kids we "missed" in the last 3 cycles.
Stephen Herron-Stanford, not playing much
Milton Wright-Purdue, about as good as our others
Jared Casey-Transfer portal
JJ Weaver-Kentucky, we did need him
Knight Goff-out of football
Tae Crumes-not even playing at all
John Young- Kentucky, I think he was sUcKs all the way
Iz Cummings- Kentucky, we could use him
JAck Dingle- Cincy

Vinny Anthony is going to Wisconsin. We're getting Selah Brown. That's it for this class.

That's the Louisville kids the last 3 classes. Wan'dale was from Frankfort. Brohm hasn't gotten a big recruit from Kentucky other than Wright, but nothing in-state.

If Brohm comes, I'll be excited for next year the same as I view it now, because we have a lot of returning talent from a 6-6 team that lost a lot of close games. But it doesn't make me think we'll be some recruiting monster heading for the national title game.

You're not full blown straw man but you are laying the hyperbole on pretty thick. .

There's a reason this community isn't all that large in this space right now. There's a reason ticket sales for the bowl are going to be super low. There's a reason every single thread in the last week is negative. Why do you think that is sport?

It's because the program is down. Very down. The season is over. It wasn't a particularly good year.

Was it down when Scott arrived? Yes.
Is it better than when he arrived? Yes, by a mile.

I'm just being consistent. I wasn't high on Scott when we got him. But, I also didn't expect much from this team. That's why I'm the way I am. I get called negative when I say we aren't as talented as we think and that Ole Miss will run us over and it's all $EC bias. This is about what this team was this year and Brohm wouldn't have made it better.

If Brohm is hired in 2018, maybe we're better offensively, but Ledford wouldn't have been here to fix the offensive line. The defense would still be awful, as Brohm isn't a defensive whiz and that's proven. The junior, seniors, RS senior classes would still be weak because of Bobby and low on depth.

Assuming we keep CSS I would love to see ticket sales numbers for the bowl game once its announced. I have a feeling whatever bowl takes us is going very pissed.

Assuming we keep CSS I would love to see ticket sales numbers for the bowl game once its announced. I have a feeling whatever bowl takes us is going very pissed.
And if we win going away, then the hype train comes back and we'll start talking about Malik for Heisman and if we're top 25 going into next year like we do every offseason.

And if we win going away, then the hype train comes back and we'll start talking about Malik for Heisman and if we're top 25 going into next year like we do every offseason.
I'm not so sure. Obviously time away from football and ending the season with a win helps but I think CSS permanently lost a lot of fans this year. Obviously if we surprise people and don't lose any more kids to transfer and are able to snag a few solid P5 transfers and we get Malik back and everything falls into place people will jump back on but it will be up to CSS to win next year. People are revolting against him this year and if he has another 6-6 season nobody is going to care how much better the roster looks or how bad it was 4 years ago. The only two ways we're not right back here on December 1st next year is that Satterfield shocks everyone and overperforms and wins 8+ games or he maintains a 6 or 7 win season but brings in a top 25 class. This difficult position is part of why i've explained on here many times is why Vince would be foolish not to at least take his shot at Brohm this year. If Brohm says no - so be it. You bite the bullet, deal with the lost of revenue of keeping CSS and pray something good happens in 2022.

I still think Satterfield understands how to build a program but he has no clue how to handle a fanbase. That is going to be his downfall. The reality is he has lost a big percentage of the fanbase.

The question is what can Satterfield/Tyra do to get the fans back? Not many options and none very good.

1) Something has change on defense. It is not going to be easy to attract a home run hire.
2) Have to stabilize the current players. Can’t lose more players who have been very productive. It will only make it worse.
3) Recruiting has to pick up high school and in the portal. It gets people excited. Small class in 2022 so the portal is priority.
4) Has to win games period no more excuses. The problem is their roster probably isn’t good enough to win 8-9 games.

Once a coach looses the fanbase it is nearly impossible to turn it around.

2017. 7-6. Let's just make shit up I guess?
Regular season is what I meant. This is the first time he’s finished over .500 in a regular season. I’ve posted that in multiple posts, just didn’t put regular season in that one specifically.

Now. Did I make that up?

I went to a TCU Purdue game 3 years ago. The stadium seemed to be set up in the middle of campus, which was kind of cool. It had the old bleacher type seating so it was a bitch getting in and out of your row to go to concessions and bathrooms. We sat on visitors side. Yeah I would say the stadium seemed old.
My post was in reference to a previous post by 4ever about the lack of Brohm not bringing in highly ranked recruiting classes while at Purdue. Point being, Louisville has much more to offer as for stadium, city, etc to recruits.

The reality is he has lost a big percentage of the fanbase.
This is what I've been saying but this was a very direct way of saying it.

And it's not fans fault for unreasonable expectations. It's not that fans are "wishy washy", there's a lot that goes into it, it's not some game by game vibe. It's not some group of fans that just started following the sport.

There is literally no good vibe on the program right now. None.

This is what I've been saying but this was a very direct way of saying it.

And it's not fans fault for unreasonable expectations. It's not that fans are "wishy washy", there's a lot that goes into it, it's not some game by game vibe. It's not some group of fans that just started following the sport.

There is literally no good vibe on the program right now. None.
Louisville fans are frustrated and exhausted. Basketball has a cloud over it that won’t go away it seems. Our saving grace or outlet could be football but we’re not having the success we recently experienced. Baseball didn’t go to Omaha this past year so it seemed like a subpar year. It’s 365 days of pain and misery. Hats off to womens volleyball and basketball. I don’t want to diminish anything they are doing because they are doing great things! Go Cards!

Louisville fans are frustrated and exhausted. Basketball has a cloud over it that won’t go away it seems. Our saving grace or outlet could be football but we’re not having the success we recently experienced. Baseball didn’t go to Omaha this past year so it seemed like a subpar year. It’s 365 days of pain and misery. Hats off to womens volleyball and basketball. I don’t want to diminish anything they are doing because they are doing great things! Go Cards!
Very well said agree 100%

Or simply,

7. FARRRR that sonofabeyitch

Glad you're not negotiating the deal my friend (and sorry if Im snarky, typing and such you can't put emotion is, I'm a bit of a keyboard jerk when sports trash talking lol. Nothing personal at all!)

But below is again, the calculation. Your number is the base of the deal when he started, but not factoring in bonuses and other perks of his deal. He has a great deal at Purdue, we'll have to pay big to get him and give him a lot of autonomy/control like was given to Bobby.

"USA Today and 247 Sports each reported in October 2019 that Brohm earned $6.6 million in 2019. The actual number is slightly higher, at $6.825 million. The vast majority of that money — $3.9 million — comes from media and marketing appearances.

Brohm’s base salary as defined by the initial employee agreement is $300,000 per year, with the rest of his pay falling under “supplemental stipends” and performance bonuses.

The bonuses are calculated as a percentage of a performance bonus base of $1.5 million, according to his contract. The maximum amount he can earn in bonuses is $1.29 million.

“It seems almost like a dartboard type of number,” Putman said. “If he got every single bonus, it doesn’t equal $1.5 million because it’s not supposed to. That’s just where they’re drawing the ceiling.”

Brohm can earn two academic bonuses, maxing out at $90,000 each: one for achieving a team graduation rate above the national rate for Football Bowl Subdivision schools and one for meeting or exceeding a cumulative GPA set by the athletic director.

Season-performance bonuses include high finishes in the Big Ten and/or Big Ten West, appearances in postseason games ranging from the College Football Playoff to a game earned by a 6-6 season finish, a top-25 recruiting class ranking and various levels of Coach of the Year awards.

The reported $6.6 million salary may come from a calculation based on Brohm’s base salary, his 2019 media payout and the retention incentives added in the second amendment, without considering earned bonuses.

In 2019, Brohm earned three of his possible bonuses. He earned both academic bonuses, according to Purdue spokesperson Tim Doty, and Purdue’s 2019 recruiting class finished 25th in 247Sports’ rankings. This would bring his bonuses to $225,000 for the year."
What does your research tell you that he made in 2020 & 2021? Cause it sure wasn’t 7M or even 6M.

What does your research tell you that he made in 2020 & 2021? Cause it sure wasn’t 7M or even 6M.
Ok got it, I'm wrong and no amount of research or articles will convince you that he makes $6+million so I'll just say I'm wrong so we can end this

If Tyra has the balls to do the right thing?

I’ll start:

Brohm?
Bill O’Brien?
PJ Fleck?
Venables?
A good SEC D or O coordinator?

I’m interested in hearing suggestions?
Satterfield isn't going anywhere. And with Brown down in Florida recruiting its looking like he's not going anywhere either, possibly.

Seriously, with the now skyrocketing prices of top tier college coaches are we willing to pay 6-7 million a year for our next football coach? Would you be ok with paying the football coach more than the basketball coach?
Good question Willie - IDK.

I remember a tailgate party after Bob Delaney retired and I urged the newly formed ULAs to find the $100K to get him out of a short retirement.

Not sure such things can be done now. Strong UK interests + $EC money have dramatically changed the picture.

Peace

Good question Willie - IDK.

I remember a tailgate party after Bob Delaney retired and I urged the newly formed ULAs to find the $100K to get him out of a short retirement.

Not sure such things can be done now. Strong UK interests + $EC money have dramatically changed the picture.

Peace
Ok so what could've changed in 2018?

Because let's be honest, Brohm SAID NO. He didn't ask for a crazy contract, nor did we have the money. That $14 million to Bobby was not Vince's fault. Bobby not recruiting and the team quitting on him was not Vince's fault. Brohm saw the terrible defense and offensive line and knew it would be a 2-4 year build and wasn't interested in doing that at the time. Not many were. Vince was the guy that followed Tom and had the biggest mess to clean up in the nation. But he's the face we hate because he has a UK degree, maybe we need to look into investigating Paul Rogers & John Ramsey because they're UK grads and that's fishy. Why are we honoring a UK grad in Howard, very strange we honor a UK grad at the Governor's Cup. Vince probably cheered and went to UofL games before all of you bandwagoners started coming in the late 90's and early 2000's

So who should we have gotten in 2018? Because every national person (I wasn't big on him tbh) were all saying it was a great hire. How it was perfect for a long rebuild. Yet now it's Vince's fault because we choked away 4 close losses and he didn't foresee that happening? Brohm wasn't coming, so who did we hire? Or maybe in 2013 when we had all the momentum and returning talent, that Tom Jurich could've gotten us a way better option to continue to build on what Charlie built and not the guy that left a tornado of chaos at every school he left? Nope, Vince's fault! Vince told Bobby to only recruit wideouts and not worry about defense or offensive line!

Or did Vince coordinate with Matty Bangz to get Scott Satterfield to come destroy our program. Bobby Petrino wouldn't stand for it and demanded to be fired because he knew what was going on. It started in Bevin's admin and they worked to destroy the legacy of Tom Jurich!

Ok got it, I'm wrong and no amount of research or articles will convince you that he makes $6+million so I'll just say I'm wrong so we can end this
I didn’t say that he didn’t make the amount you quoted in 2019. I’m simply saying that the total value of his contract - before performance bonuses - is 5.25M a year. Perhaps the excess in 2019 was a (re)signing bonus?

You don’t change revenue is going to take a hit initially. You change revenue goes up fairly quickly. The real question is how much revenue is going to be lost by keeping Satterfield?

It puts Satterfield and crew is a must win situation. They win the revenue will start going back up. They lose then Vince’s gamble didn’t pay off and now they lost major money.

The more I think about it if Satterfield stays there is no reason to make major changes. It is his show ride or die. No change other than himself being let go will change the fans that are out on him. What stud coach would want to come into a potentially lame duck season? I personally throw money $1M at a legit recruiter for Dennison spot and don’t care one bit if he can actually coach. They knock it out of the park next year great. They flounder then it is as clean a breakup you can have.

The genesis of these posts appears to be based upon the string of humiliating losses to UK; so if indeed the object is to reverse this trend …..it is fair to examine how UK ascended at the same time that we descended.

The Cycle27 raised at least one of the most influential factors, and that is having a serious “career recruiter”. Marrow is the perfect explanation for what UK was able to do in signing the level of talent necessary to compete in the SEC. Additionally he does not appear to fit the model of a Power 5 Conference HC candidate, and UK was smart enough to pay him sufficiently, that he has no motivation to ever leave for another job.

Clint Hurtt came close to being ”our Vince Marrow”, but for a number of reasons, we were unable to figure out a way to keep him on staff. Go back and look at our recruiting during the Strong/Hurtt era, and you will appreciate how we beat Florida in the Sugar Bowl despite Charlie not being an exceptional HC.

Tyra needs to figure out who is the most viable assistant coach in America, one who has the credentials to recruit Ohio, PA., Tennessee, GA., and Florida effectively. We would need to pay the individual more than any other assistant so they would be inclined to stay regardless of who our HC is. I would have that individual responsible to both the HC and AD, so there would be accountability as to following all NCAA rules.

That $1+M would be a lot more economical that making a HCing change. Mitch Barnhart deserves a lot of the credit for the success that Stoops is experiencing. Jurich would have never led this FB Program stay down like this.

You don’t change revenue is going to take a hit initially. You change revenue goes up fairly quickly. The real question is how much revenue is going to be lost by keeping Satterfield?

It puts Satterfield and crew is a must win situation. They win the revenue will start going back up. They lose then Vince’s gamble didn’t pay off and now they lost major money.

The more I think about it if Satterfield stays there is no reason to make major changes. It is his show ride or die. No change other than himself being let go will change the fans that are out on him. What stud coach would want to come into a potentially lame duck season? I personally throw money $1M at a legit recruiter for Dennison spot and don’t care one bit if he can actually coach. They knock it out of the park next year great. They flounder then it is as clean a breakup you can have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT