ADVERTISEMENT

Guess the BC vs Cards Attendance

It seems like I read somewhere that they were changing announced numbers from tickets sold to tickets scanned. Anybody know if there's any truth to that?
Doubtful. I think most schools report tickets sold. It’s the best way to inflate a number that a lot of other important efforts plug into, like marketing and advertising…

With 22 Predictions recorded so far:

Average: 48,458
Median: 48,125
Low/High: 44,475/51,779
True Range: 7,304
Standard Deviation: 2,193

Reactions: luv2hit63

Louder Than Life is going to make it difficult for some to get to the BC vs Cards game.​

From WHAS:​

Louder Than Life music festival road closures, parking info, and more​

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The Louder Than Life music festival brings thousands of people who are ready to rock into Louisville each year.
Louder Than Life is considered the “World’s Largest Rock ‘N’ Roll Whiskey Festival,” and will feature more than 100 music acts, including Green Day, Falling in Reverse, Foo Fighters, and Weezer. The event is expected to draw over 150,000 fans.

Before you head out, here are what streets around the city that will be closed, will not allow parking and will have "restricted access", according to Louisville Metro Police.
PLEASE NOTE: GATE 1 KY EXPO CENTER WILL BE CLOSED DURING EVENT.
For KY Expo Center access, use Preston Hwy to Gate 6 or Crittenden Drive to Gates 2 and 4.
ROAD CLOSURE from 09/04/2023 – 09/29/2023
Phillips Lane from Preston Hwy to Freedom Way
ROAD RESTRICTED - BUSINESS, HOTELS, RESIDENTS, AND RIDE-SHARE ACCESS ONLY from 09/23 to 09/26
Phillips Lane from Crittenden Dr to Freedom Way

RAMP CLOSURES each day - 09/14 to 09/17 and 09/21 to 09/24 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m
I-264 E/B Ramp to Phillips Lane / KY Expo Center Gate 1
I-264 W/B Ramp to Phillips Lane / KY Expo Center Gate 1
I-65 N/B Ramp to Phillips Lane / KY Expo Center Gate 1
I-65 S/B Ramp to Phillips Lane / KY Expo Center Gate 1
RAMP CLOSURE each night - 09/14 to 09/17 and 09/21 to 09/24 from 10:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
I-65 S/B Ramp to Crittenden Drive
NO STOPPING ANYTIME on BOTH SIDES of the following streets from 09/14 to 09/17 and 09/21 to 09/24
Phillips Lane from Freedom Way to Crittenden
Crittenden Drive from Phillips to I-65
Monarch Drive from Phillips to Manning
Manning Road from Preston to Gate 7
KFEC Gate 6 Drive from Preston to I-65 Overpass
Emberson from Phillips to End
James Rd from Phillips to End

NO STOPPING ANYTIME on the SOUTH SIDE of the following streets from 09/14 to 09/17 and 09/21 to 09/24
Hart Ave from Preston to End
Union Ave from Preston to End
Larue Ave from Preston to End
Wolfe Ave from Preston to End
Bourbon Ave from Preston to End
Belmar Ave from Preston to train trestle
Short Street from Preston to Fayette
Short Street from Henderson to End
Morgan Ave from Preston to Roosevelt

Springdale Ave from Roosevelt to End
Farmdale Ave from Curtis to End
Lucas Ave from Curtis to Farmdale
Keller Ave from Preston to Lupino
NO STOPPING ANYTIME on the WEST SIDE of the following streets from 09/14 to 09/17 and 09/21 to 09/24
Fayette Ave from Hart to Union
Fayette Ave from Union to Wolfe
Fayette Ave from Wolfe to Morgan
Franklin Ave from Larue to End (south of Morgan)
Henderson from Belmar to Morgan
Curtis Ave from Farmdale to Lucas
Roosevelt Ave from Morgan to End (south of Lucas)
Alley west of Roosevelt from Springdale to Farmdale
Lupino Rd from Keller to End
NO STOPPING ANYTIME on the NORTH SIDE of the following streets from 09/14 to 09/17 and 09/21 to 09/24
Jefferson Ct from Preston to End
Fore more information about parking at Louder Than Life, click here.

Such piss poor scheduling to have a big music festival on the same day as a Saturday home opener… that being said, what’s the tailgate scene like today?

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
I believe the actual attendance was 48,285. I stand to be corrected. WTH I counted ALL of them. :cool: :)

GO CARDS!!!

48,294 per gocards.com.

Someone who sat in the east stands said there was a ton of people behind them who couldn’t bear the direct mid afternoon sun. So maybe the crowd looked smaller…

I thought it wad a pretty good crowd, not great, but a decent attendance. And they were into it down in the Crunch Zone where I sit. Let's beat NC State, and then I think the ND crowd will really be large, especially if they are also undefeated. Go Cards!

It's probably been said before, but the expansion to/above Schnellenberger should have happened before the upper, upper deck on the visitor side.

Good crowd. Great weather. Fun day.

I'll be sun burnt and hungover tomorrow.

Go Cards. I like this team

Win or lose at NC State the ND game will be packed. ND always brings a great crowd and they are playing well. I'm going to "pre" guess the ND attendance at 54K plus. Just my own dadgummed opinion.

GO CARDS!!!

With 22 Predictions recorded so far:

Average: 48,458
Median: 48,125
Low/High: 44,475/51,779
True Range: 7,304
Standard Deviation: 2,193
The actual attendance was 48,294.

So the average and median of the 22 predictions was REALLY CLOSE

ACTUAL: 48,294

Closest:

AlanD66: 48,250

Honorable Mention:

Tenncard: 48,000
bigloucards: 48,975
LeFors4Ever: 49,000
bobwest: 49238
CardX: 47,826
Guardman: 47,500

Something I noticed yesterday, those ticket scanning devices don’t exactly work all that great. We tried, didn’t take, then they told us to just go in. So, if tickets scanned is the barometer, it’s majorly flawed. I couldn’t be the only one.
Yes, they must use the cheap ones. The scanners at Mercedes Benz and Lucas Oil were super accurate super fast.

Yesterday's attendance was the highest for a UofL home game since 11/27/21 playing UK. (11/27/21: 55,018).

Something I noticed yesterday, those ticket scanning devices don’t exactly work all that great. We tried, didn’t take, then they told us to just go in. So, if tickets scanned is the barometer, it’s majorly flawed. I couldn’t be the only one.
I saw that happen last game with the couple in front of me.

Yep, they give it their best shot and if they can't get it to scan they just send you on and honestly I'm glad they do or we would never get in by the end of the 1st qtr..

I had downloaded my tix to my Google wallet, and they just could not get an indication that the tickets were scanned. I then opened them live in the Cards mobile app. They immediately scanned and produced a message that the tickets had already been scanned. They need to figure out these technical issues PDQ.

I had downloaded my tix to my Google wallet, and they just could not get an indication that the tickets were scanned. I then opened them live in the Cards mobile app. They immediately scanned and produced a message that the tickets had already been scanned. They need to figure out these technical issues PDQ.
They have tremendous issues. I just don't know if it's mostly Louisville or also most of the other Ticketmaster clients as well. It's a pretty big mess.

Notre Dame will be a sellout.
Kentucky will be a sellout.

Duke is TBA. It really depends on weather and kick time and how good they really are. They play ND and FSU before they play us and could end up with 2 losses and could be unranked.

And we’re not a college football town per se where people just come because they know the Duke QB is good, name power and rankings have to get the casuals. Plus Duke fans won’t travel.

Virginia and VT I could see being cold kickoffs. UVA on Thursday night against a crap team, probably a 45k game. VT is awful and another cold fall day with a possible noon kick would be a bad crowd. Although if we beat ND and are ranked in those games, the crowd will be back.

I do think the casual fans we built up until 2016-2017 were used to big time football. We were ranked and had a Heisman winner. Playing FSU and Clemson for Gameday. Not to mention the years before with Miami in that kickoff game and Jameis. With the ACC not having to many of our rivals and fans that don’t travel, it’s hard to get he casuals interested in a game if it doesn’t mean something. That’s the issue of our location.

So what a lot of you are saying is that keeping paper tickets as an option is not such a bad idea afterall. It is a much easier and more reliable method of scanning tickets at the game site. (Of course, digital tickets are easier to transfer before game day but paper tickets are easier to transfer at the game).

Reactions: SoulSr
Notre Dame will be a sellout.
Kentucky will be a sellout.

Duke is TBA. It really depends on weather and kick time and how good they really are. They play ND and FSU before they play us and could end up with 2 losses and could be unranked.

And we’re not a college football town per se where people just come because they know the Duke QB is good, name power and rankings have to get the casuals. Plus Duke fans won’t travel.

Virginia and VT I could see being cold kickoffs. UVA on Thursday night against a crap team, probably a 45k game. VT is awful and another cold fall day with a possible noon kick would be a bad crowd. Although if we beat ND and are ranked in those games, the crowd will be back.

I do think the casual fans we built up until 2016-2017 were used to big time football. We were ranked and had a Heisman winner. Playing FSU and Clemson for Gameday. Not to mention the years before with Miami in that kickoff game and Jameis. With the ACC not having to many of our rivals and fans that don’t travel, it’s hard to get he casuals interested in a game if it doesn’t mean something. That’s the issue of our location.
Pretty good analysis.

So what a lot of you are saying is that keeping paper tickets as an option is not such a bad idea afterall. It is a much easier and more reliable method of scanning tickets at the game site. (Of course, digital tickets are easier to transfer before game day but paper tickets are easier to transfer at the game).
I have felt from the very beginning that the ticket buyer should have the option of paper or digital.

Reactions: kypecos and SoulSr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT