ADVERTISEMENT

Great Effort

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
It was a strange game. I feel like we controlled the game for the most part and yet we lose by 10. The effort was there. Unfortunately we missed free throws and just do not have enough scorers.

Suffice to say the Anton Gill effort against FSU was an aberration. When he missed the two free throws and a wide open three, it seemed to take a lot of life from us.

We just don't have anyone off the bench who can provide a lift. There is no "instant offense" or "instant defense" kind of guy that can provide a spark.

We can beat anyone or can be beat by anyone on any given night. The problem is that I think our lack of scorers is not something we can overcome to make a run in the tourney.

I think the guys played with great effort also but if you are going to go 4-22 from 3 pt range and 12-20 from the free throw line then you are going to have to play great defense to beat anyone this time of year and this team is never going be mistaken for the 2012 team defensively.

Here's hoping for some good match-ups to start the NCAA Tourney and some Pitino magic with the long layoff.

I'm a Snider fan but Q was exposed a little today. He goes 2-9 from the field (both makes were layups). Once he missed a couple jumpers he didn't play with confidence as a shooter and looked off another 4-5 shooting opportunities. He really hurt us tonight, but long-term I like him as a Card! Gill, well that's another story, I can't believe he gets opportunity after opportunity and can't seem to cash in.

I love and support anything Louisville from the University to the city itself. But I can not lie and say that anything past a Sweet 16 from this team isnt a pipe dream. Its just not gonna happen and the ACC has nothing to do with it. We would be the same NCAAT team if we were coming out of the American. The number next to our name Sunday night changes nothing. We will be better than the first 2 teams we play and wont be after that.

This team could streak shoot its way into the Sweet 16 without a great defense. Hell, it could even go beyond that. But unlike a team that has a good and reliable defense, you can't count on advancing that far.

Them's the facts...

Zipp - were you surprised to see Pitino's comments about the 5 position? Said that there will be a major change because they can't keep affording to have some many donuts there. Is that after game angst or is there data to support that thought?

Originally posted by zipp:
This team could streak shoot its way into the Sweet 16 without a great defense. Hell, it could even go beyond that. But unlike a team that has a good and reliable defense, you can't count on advancing that far.

Them's the facts...
I think you could be right about the shooting,but this group will not realize who the hot shooters are and get them the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT