ADVERTISEMENT

Got complacent

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Guys stop focusing and now they're about to be up only 14 at half. I guess it's normal after everything was so easy. Drops, missed tackles and turnovers. And why has Petrino abandoned the RB'S? That last drive with three straight incompletes was dumb. Should have ran the clock until you get down the field.

I agree Kerry but we're helping them big time by turning the ball over and just flat out dropping passes. It's starting to piss me off to be honest. Got to play smarter AND start running the ball more. We can run on this team IMO.

That's what I'm perplexed the most about. Why ain't we running the ball? Even Jackson stopped running. If we're going to pass, how about some screens or using the RB'S. You would think we have them set up to run. I just can't imagine having to worry about this game with all that Jackson has done. Maybe that's the problem. We're a one man team in this game. And put Samuel or Alexander back there instead of Dawkins returning kicks.

Need better overall balance on offense. I agree with that. Jackson is doing most of the offensive damage by himself. More balance while taking care of the ball and the Cards will win. Keep turning the ball over and the Orange can come all the way back and win. Take care of the freaking ball.

Like last year, we seem to rarely recover fumbles. Most of our TO's forced were INT's. So far we're - 4 on turnover margin this season. Glad to see Radcliffe get another run and finally a trick play.

Those two personal foul penalties on 3rd down were very iffy. Both Fields and Smith were trying to avoid a penalty. I've seen many a game where those weren't flagged. Dee Smith was trying to turn in and avoid hitting the guy up high.

Syracuse is getting very fortunate hits to cause fumbles. Three times they blindly direct hit the ball. One other time it looked like it was on purpose and one time they tried but Jackson held onto the ball.

What is the deal with Hiiktini? Him and Reggie have struggled catching the ball. Let Crum or Towbridge give it a shot. I don't think I've ever seen a game with so many yards and at the same time, so many dropped passes. Louisville could easily have 70+ points and 850 yards.

They did a "UKay" in the middle of the 2nd qtr. Great grow game for FSU if everyone does the work. And Jaire Alexander is an incredible talent.:)

No excuses but when playing against the 'hike the ball before the yardmarkers are set offense' and an extremely humid dome, youre going to give up points.

2nd game.
They'll be focused for FSU. Will it be enough?

Might be. Putting up over 800 yards in that dome under those conditions is impressive. Jackson had over 600 total yards by himself. This is a very good win regardless of the final score. Plenty of coaching moments for the coaches to drill them over too. A win-win for sure.

Alot of very sloppy and undisciplined play at times tonight gonna need to focus better to beat any of the top tier teams on schedule.
It's only really been two guys. Reggie and Hikitini had terrible games. The personal fouls were iffy and playing against a quick offense like this, you need great tackling DB's which the Cards lack a little. They need Calvin Pryor and James Sample. Those guys would have had a field day in this game.

Reactions: Louisvillian
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT