ADVERTISEMENT

Go 7-5/Beat UK

Sep 25, 2009
Those are my two goals at this point. Do both and it's an acceptable, yet disappointing rebuilding year. Fail to do both and it's a failure. The good news is, I think that's the most likely scenario. I see us going 5-1 in the second half of the year - losing @ Pitt in front of dozens of crazy fans.

Until this team reaches win #3 I can't get caught looking ahead. I get what you're saying about the goal though. Nothing has come too easy for our team this year.

Reactions: Cardinals4Ever
I agree with you! 7-5 or possibly 8-4. UL schedule was front loaded. I think they will roll UK. UL QB will have a field day against Cats.

I disagree with your take on the UL/UK game! I think it will be a nail biter and the winner will be who wants it the MOST!

Reactions: Cardinals4Ever
I tend to agree, but I am not going to be too upset at 6-6. I think year is a complete rebuild especially offensively. To me the final record doesn't really matter. Getting to a bowl with such a young group would be great. Next year is the real measuring stick and this years record means very little next year. They are just so young on offense.

If they enter into the UK game 7-4 then I really like their chances.

I won't be upset period with any record this season. I maybe a little bummed out if we finish under 5 or 6 wins. It's been painfully obvious that this entire season is a rebuilding year. We just haven't had anything clicking in the right direction as a team as a whole unit every game. When the defense is on, the offense is off, vice versa, special teams, or the entire team is off, or on, and We still lose to good competition.

You can call it lack of coaching, like some haters will do in other threads, and have stated, if you want to, but a realist like me knows that it's youth and inexperience. They are going to continue to make mistakes in big game pressure situations. It's common sense and expected.

Realistically, I think that We might finish 6-6 or 5-7 in that area. Optimistically I hope that We win out and finish 8-4 or finish 7-5.

Either way I support this team every game, and will continue to go to the games, and support our coaching Staff.

Go Cards!!!

Reactions: American Male
I just think UL's QB will be hard for UK to handle. Their Linebackera aren't very good IMO and I think if he gets out of the pocket he'll run all day long.

Reactions: American Male
Goal should be to win out and finish 9-4...momentum going into the February signing period

I can certainly agree with that. Finishing 9-4 and on a 7 game winning streak would very likely get us ranked after the bowl games. We would start next year nationally ranked and a contender for the ACC title.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
I tend to agree, but I am not going to be too upset at 6-6. I think year is a complete rebuild especially offensively. To me the final record doesn't really matter. Getting to a bowl with such a young group would be great. Next year is the real measuring stick and this years record means very little next year. They are just so young on offense.

If they enter into the UK game 7-4 then I really like their chances.
Next year our defense could be the crutch. We could lose another 6-7 starters.

I just think UL's QB will be hard for UK to handle. Their Linebackera aren't very good IMO and I think if he gets out of the pocket he'll run all day long.
But UK has their Wonderboy Matt Elam to plug up the middle. Remember he is the greatest recruit ever out of KY. Bama, ND and even UofL wanted him. o_O

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT