ADVERTISEMENT

Galloway Suspended, Has retained an attorney

The press release with this decision was much more robust and contrite. Kudos to Jurich for recognizing that this situation was spinning too long and correcting things. Time to move on from this stupid situation.

No big deal--a bone for the coyotes and wolves. Likely a scapegoat.

And Petrino is the OC anyway...

Always nice to have one on retainer. You never know what Wake will try to pin on him.

I think Wake and the ACC want this thing to go just go away. I think the WF AD made a huge mistake going public to begin with. It should have been handled within the conference. Of course, WF was one of the two ACC teams that did not want UL in the ACC because they knew it would only bump them down another notch or two in the conference polls. That might have been their part of their motive.

I think Wake and the ACC want this thing to go just go away. I think the WF AD made a huge mistake going public to begin with. It should have been handled within the conference. Of course, WF was one of the two ACC teams that did not want UL in the ACC because they knew it would only bump them down another notch or two in the conference polls. That might have been their part of their motive.

Wake and who was the other school that didn't want us in the ACC?

he was suspended usual loss pay maybe terminated for causee, dam righth knowyour legal rights and responses form now on

Odd Jurich would suspend one coach and not the defensive staff. According to Jurich Galloway gave the plays to the defensive staff. According to WF's head coach they found cards indicating the defense had prepared for those very plays. It is unthinkable that the defense could scheme for plays that were not on film without the head coach's knowledge and approval. In short, the suspension does not line up with the facts being reported by various sources.

The more serious question is at what point the seemingly endless string of scandals is going to try the patience of either the NCAA or the ACC. They do not need a specific rule violation to hammer UL. Recall that the Penn State incident broke no NCAA rule. Penn State was punished under the catch-all "best interest of the organization" rules. Those are very nebulous rules the NCAA and/or ACC can use to punish schools that become a liability.

Odd Jurich would suspend one coach and not the defensive staff. According to Jurich Galloway gave the plays to the defensive staff. According to WF's head coach they found cards indicating the defense had prepared for those very plays. It is unthinkable that the defense could scheme for plays that were not on film without the head coach's knowledge and approval. In short, the suspension does not line up with the facts being reported by various sources.

The more serious question is at what point the seemingly endless string of scandals is going to try the patience of either the NCAA or the ACC. They do not need a specific rule violation to hammer UL. Recall that the Penn State incident broke no NCAA rule. Penn State was punished under the catch-all "best interest of the organization" rules. Those are very nebulous rules the NCAA and/or ACC can use to punish schools that become a liability.

I disagree with this BamaLaw. If Galloway went to a defensive coach and said "just a heads up guys, here are a couple things to watch for" I don't see where it would be incumbent on the defensive coaches to interrogate him on how he came up with these plays to watch for. It really is incomprehensible (until now) that a member of the staff or radio crew would sell out their own team, so I don't think it would have been reasonable for the defensive coaches to have thought that Galloway procured this info from such a nefarious source. Based on what we currently know, Galloway would have been the only one who would have known how wrong this was.

Reactions: OmegaCard
I disagree with this BamaLaw. If Galloway went to a defensive coach and said "just a heads up guys, here are a couple things to watch for" I don't see where it would be incumbent on the defensive coaches to interrogate him on how he came up with these plays to watch for. It really is incomprehensible (until now) that a member of the staff or radio crew would sell out their own team, so I don't think it would have been reasonable for the defensive coaches to have thought that Galloway procured this info from such a nefarious source. Based on what we currently know, Galloway would have been the only one who would have known how wrong this was.

I see your point, but I don't think so.

Remember, college team only have 20 hours per week including pre-game and game. They are limited to 2 hours a day in on field practice. The 20 hours includes meetings, organized film sessions, and weight room. In short, they don't have time to practice or walk through "theoretical" ideas of what the opponent might do. Coaches no doubt think of those things and draw up contingencies for in-game adjustments, but you are not going to use up valuable practice time on them.

The comments from the WF head coach on "Mike & Mike" indicated that the sheets they found were part of the walk through.

There is a lot that has been reported that has not been substantiated. So, I have no idea what the truth is. I have a feeling more will come out in the next few days (or weeks). What that will be and what direction it will take this story I have no idea. All I can say for now is, based on the reporting so far, the penalty does not appear to line up with the allegations.

I see your point, but I don't think so.

Remember, college team only have 20 hours per week including pre-game and game. They are limited to 2 hours a day in on field practice. The 20 hours includes meetings, organized film sessions, and weight room. In short, they don't have time to practice or walk through "theoretical" ideas of what the opponent might do. Coaches no doubt think of those things and draw up contingencies for in-game adjustments, but you are not going to use up valuable practice time on them.

The comments from the WF head coach on "Mike & Mike" indicated that the sheets they found were part of the walk through.

There is a lot that has been reported that has not been substantiated. So, I have no idea what the truth is. I have a feeling more will come out in the next few days (or weeks). What that will be and what direction it will take this story I have no idea. All I can say for now is, based on the reporting so far, the penalty does not appear to line up with the allegations.

I'm surprised an attorney would admit that available information is inadequate and that he has "no idea what the truth is" and then suggest that the penalties are insufficient.

I'm surprised an attorney would admit that available information is inadequate and that he has "no idea what the truth is" and then suggest that the penalties are insufficient.

You should be surprised - because I didn't say that. I said the penalty does not match the allegations. The allegations, so far, per Jurich, is that Galloway received the information and passed it on to the defensive staff. Leaving aside my speculation that petrino had to know, at bare minimum it would seem suspensions would be warranted for Galloway and the defensive staff or at least the DC. That no one on the defensive staff faced similar punishment is odd.

Reactions: LosGatos
Hopefully him lawyering up is just a precaution and this can start to pass.

Go back to Lexington

Reactions: gocds
You certainly have behaved as if you're ready to move on!!!

Yes, now that Jurich has done the right thing, I am ready to move on. Took him a bit too long, but he got it right in the end. Manned up, owned it, paid the price. Lesson learned and move forward taking this lesson to heart. What more could one want?

So let me ask this, WF found the practice cards in the stadium the day before the game, the manager picked them up and then took them to his staff who looked through them, then after the game was done several days later they tell everyone about the situation.??? Not saying what we did was right or wrong, but didn't WF do the same thing in a little different form. They didn't immediately notify UofL that they had the info of our defensive game plan.

Reactions: zipp
Yes, now that Jurich has done the right thing, I am ready to move on. Took him a bit too long, but he got it right in the end. Manned up, owned it, paid the price. Lesson learned and move forward taking this lesson to heart. What more could one want?

As we both know by Wednesday the only people that will be talking about this is our friends 80 Miles to the East.....

Agreed. Jurich is throwing the dogs a bone, not generally something I condone when you know you're right...

But just a day or two ago you were singing the praises of Jurich, that you back anything he does and that you would literally nominate him for sainthood if you could.

Has your opinion of him changed since releasing the second statement?

Zipp, come to think of it, you were badmouthing Jurich back in Feb when he announced the self imposed sanctions on the basketball team. You said we should go the N. Carolina route and oppose the NCAA at every turn. For someone you want enshrined in Saint Hood, you certainly don't like it when he steps up and admits when wrongs were done and he tries to correct and atone for them himself. Isn't that exactly what a Saint should do?

But just a day or two ago you were singing the praises of Jurich, that you back anything he does and that you would literally nominate him for sainthood if you could.

Has your opinion of him changed since releasing the second statement?
Zipp, come to think of it, you were badmouthing Jurich back in Feb when he announced the self imposed sanctions on the basketball team. You said we should go the N. Carolina route and oppose the NCAA at every turn. For someone you want enshrined in Saint Hood, you certainly don't like it when he steps up and admits when wrongs were done and he tries to correct and atone for them himself. Isn't that exactly what a Saint should do?
Unfortunately, Jurich has to play the PC game in addition to doing the right thing. That's why Galloway is now the sacrificial lamb, assuming he takes it lying down. I don't like that Jurich caved a little, but I understand why he did it...so that do-gooders and hypersensitive fans can feel better about U of L and themselves, as if that matters.

Re. Jurich personally, the guy never does anything to cause me to question him. In this situation, he already stated what his position was and the right response. He only caved when pressure was brought to bear. But absent that pressure, he once again acted appropriately. The guy's a rock star.

And for the record, you've got your ish mixed up again about the "self imposed sanctions". That was Ramsey's decision, and in the aftermath, Jurich looked dumbfounded. Only when a lynch mob was forming for Ramsey did Jurich and Pitino each step up in defense of a university president who was floundering. And their motives were pure--to protect the guy. Recall that while Jurich looked dumbfounded at the presser, Pitino pledged his support and respect for Jurich only.

Our coaches unanimously love Jurich because he has their backs and the courage to do what's right. That hopefully means that the weenies in our fanbase will need department outsiders to pursue the do-gooder agendas you think are important...

So let me ask this, WF found the practice cards in the stadium the day before the game, the manager picked them up and then took them to his staff who looked through them, then after the game was done several days later they tell everyone about the situation.??? Not saying what we did was right or wrong, but didn't WF do the same thing in a little different form. They didn't immediately notify UofL that they had the info of our defensive game plan.
100% correct. And the do-gooders in our fanbase have no explanation for that...

Reactions: Rollem Cards
WF coaching staff has to have an excuse for dropping 5 of their last 6 games and this is it.

Unfortunately, Jurich has to play the PC game in addition to doing the right thing. That's why Galloway is now the sacrificial lamb, assuming he takes it lying down. I don't like that Jurich caved a little, but I understand why he did it...so that do-gooders and hypersensitive fans can feel better about U of L and themselves, as if that matters.

Re. Jurich personally, the guy never does anything to cause me to question him. In this situation, he already stated what his position was and the right response. He only caved when pressure was brought to bear. But absent that pressure, he once again acted appropriately. The guy's a rock star.

And for the record, you've got your ish mixed up again about the "self imposed sanctions". That was Ramsey's decision, and in the aftermath, Jurich looked dumbfounded. Only when a lynch mob was forming for Ramsey did Jurich and Pitino each step up in defense of a university president who was floundering. And their motives were pure--to protect the guy. Recall that while Jurich looked dumbfounded at the presser, Pitino pledged his support and respect for Jurich only.

Our coaches unanimously love Jurich because he has their backs and the courage to do what's right. That hopefully means that the weenies in our fanbase will need department outsiders to pursue the do-gooder agendas you think are important...

I think Jurich as a football guy saw this whole issue as not a big deal. Once he saw how the national media blew it up he had no choice but to show UL did not approve.

Funny thing about this is WF says the leaks occurred over 3 years and lots of schools. So far only UL vet ans army have admitted it. VT and Army have new staffs so they can act upset and do little. Anybody really believe we are the only 3 schools?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT