ADVERTISEMENT

FSU vs Cards, Cards in GREAT position to Upset...........!

cardstud1

5000+
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2006
FSU in their house! FSU has defeated Texas State, Wake, BC by low scoring wins. UofL is coming off wins from Samford and NC State in their house playing under monsoonal weather and rains pelting up from underneath. FSU is NOT the same without Jameis Winston of "old"! The Cards are coming off of two solid wins under Q-back upstart Lamar Jackson and a pummeling rushing attack and WR James Quick, D. Peete, and Samuels! Although rarely happening, under Coach Bobby Petrino, the Cards are in a position of upsetting the Seminoles in their house and a Defense ready to the task! The cards have nearly 2 weeks of undiscovered territory to practice and CBP always concentrates focusing his troops with that much time on hand!! Regardless, CBP will have his troops prepared. Statistically, neither team is disadvantaged! Prediction Cards by a TD, (12-16)!

Last edited:
Dude...It's Jamis Winston...Winston Bennett was born in Louisville and played Basketball at UK in the 80's!

:cool:

Reactions: rh62531
I dread the noon games. Sometimes our players don't actually wake up until the 4th quarter when it's too late in those noon games. Sometimes we catch other teams napping and strike first.

I agree with SchmidtyNole with the defensive back and forth. I can also see penalties from our offensive line biting us in the rear.

I'm just hoping it's a close, respectable game, played clean, injury free, and entertaining.

We need to execute on both sides of the ball. It's time for a run game, even though it's asking too much, unless it's Lamar Jackson breaking off an 80 yard run. I'll take 2 of those please.

Goodluck Seminoles.

Go Cards!

Our D won the NC State game. Other than LJs TD run, our offense is still very suspect. Running game was weak and passing was way too inaccurate to beat Fla St. Its possible that the weather had an effect on the passing game as even the NC St QB stuggled and he is an accurate passer. Our offense has to have its best game for us to have a shot.

I think UofL found a blueprint for the rest of their season in some ways last week. Don't turn the ball over, and give the defense a chance to win it for you.

I thought the decision to quit asking Lamar to throw beyond 20 + yards was a good one. Was that Bobby realizing the kid's strengths at this time, or was it a weather related decision?

If they ask him to make quick throws he is ok. When they ask him to go up top and read defenses, he is susceptible to turning it over.

FSU's RB is nursing a hamstring injury. They don't throw it all over the field so the Cards might be able to shorten the field against them.

If we turn the ball over we could get run out of the stadium.

We are so young, we clearly don't respond well when we fall behind. So we'll need a good start in the game to have a chance.

It's time for a run game, even though it's asking too much,

Goodluck Seminoles.

Go Cards!

I think the slow developing runs that end up on the outside are disasters. But when we run it inside, it seems that's our best chance to at least scratch a yard or two. It might seem like a waste, but I'd rather be sitting 2nd & 9 than 2nd & 14.

I think the slow developing runs that end up on the outside are disasters. But when we run it inside, it seems that's our best chance to at least scratch a yard or two. It might seem like a waste, but I'd rather be sitting 2nd & 9 than 2nd & 14.

With Lamar Jackson presenting problems for FSU the Cards could have a better chance running Brandon Radcliff. FSU is NOT the FSU of 2014. Jackson will have opportunities running the ball on misdirected dives between the tackles and jet sweeps. The Defense I have no problems with. Here is crossing my fingers and holding my breath. GO CARDS

Last edited:
Let's hope our old pal Everret Gholson throws a few are way. He tends to do that. Problem: we have to bring our safeties up to deal with Dalvin Cook, and that will leVe passing lanes open

This FSU Offense is by no means a juggernaut. What teams have been doing so far early in the season is walking a safety up in the box because they know the majority of our offense comes from handing the ball off to Dalvin Cook. Cook is a threat to score every time he touches the ball. He has a minor hamstring injury but he'll be healed up by Oct. 17. Golson is completing 64% and hasn't thrown an interception. But he is not pushing the ball down the field at all. Golson averaged 9.2 yards per completion against BC and Wake. Louisville will probably man up on the outside, shut down the run and see if Golson can beat them deep which he hasn't done so far early in the season.

Defensively, the Noles won't give up too much against Louisville in my opinion. We have a lock down secondary and we can get after the passer. We aren't dominant against the run but we are above average. The one X factor is Lamar Jackson and how fast he is and the fact that Linebacker is our weakest link on defense so if Jackson breaks contain then that could pose some problems for us.

I see a 20-17 or 17-14 type of game in this one unless there are a bunch of turnovers.

Reactions: cardstud1
Can't get a read on this FSU team. They should be a -7 to -8.5

I can see a number of things happening. Some good for us. Some bad.

Cook, if healthy, is gonna be a load, but if we can keep him bottled to some degree, I think we can count on EG to help us out.

But we gotta move the ball. And that ain't a given with us.

I say it's a low scoring pick 'em.

I see a 20-17 or 17-14 type of game in this one unless there are a bunch of turnovers.

Nice write up Schmidty I believe we'd be thrilled to have a chance to steal it in the 4th.

Our offense is just not where it needs to be. Neither is special teams. Both those units compromise our defense. Our defense is opportunistic and they could make this game close if the other two units don't completely F up.

FSU in their house! FSU has defeated Texas State, Wake, BC by low scoring wins. UofL is coming off wins from Samford and NC State in their house playing under monsoonal weather and rains pelting up from underneath. FSU is NOT the same without Jameis Winston of "old"! The Cards are coming off of two solid wins under Q-back upstart Lamar Jackson and a pummeling rushing attack and WR James Quick, D. Peete, and Samuels! Although rarely happening, under Coach Bobby Petrino, the Cards are in a position of upsetting the Seminoles in their house and a Defense ready to the task! The cards have nearly 2 weeks of undiscovered territory to practice and CBP always concentrates focusing his troops with that much time on hand!! Regardless, CBP will have his troops prepared. Statistically, neither team is disadvantaged! Prediction Cards by a TD, (12-16)!
FSU didn't beat Texas state by low scoring and playing at home will help should be a good one. Jackson can't throw it so it's important to not let him take one to the house running.

This FSU Offense is by no means a juggernaut. What teams have been doing so far early in the season is walking a safety up in the box because they know the majority of our offense comes from handing the ball off to Dalvin Cook. Cook is a threat to score every time he touches the ball. He has a minor hamstring injury but he'll be healed up by Oct. 17. Golson is completing 64% and hasn't thrown an interception. But he is not pushing the ball down the field at all. Golson averaged 9.2 yards per completion against BC and Wake. Louisville will probably man up on the outside, shut down the run and see if Golson can beat them deep which he hasn't done so far early in the season.

Defensively, the Noles won't give up too much against Louisville in my opinion. We have a lock down secondary and we can get after the passer. We aren't dominant against the run but we are above average. The one X factor is Lamar Jackson and how fast he is and the fact that Linebacker is our weakest link on defense so if Jackson breaks contain then that could pose some problems for us.

Yeah Schmidty, I don't think FSU's Defense has not too much worry. This game also likely to be a jump ball and low scoring event...I hope!

FSU didn't beat Texas state by low scoring and playing at home will help should be a good one. Jackson can't throw it so it's important to not let him take one to the house running.[/QUO

Lamar Jackson, so far, hasn't really been given many opportunities to throw the ball...thus why he takes off running for his life! There may come a point where he is given that opportunity...here's hoping. Nole30 no slights are given to FSU...nothing offensively meant. Peace Brother....

We know their quarterback. This should help - a lot. Let's have another road win against him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT