ADVERTISEMENT

FSU-Louisville line predictions?

Louisvillian

6000+
Oct 27, 2006
Just for entertainment purposes only I'll say it opens as a pick-em. What you say? I believe it comes out late tomorrow night.

All of you guys are correct. This is one of my very few areas of expertise. The opening line reflects what the true expert line makers in Vegas come to as a consensus. That original line by the experts is definitely based, even if only a partially on how they think people will bet.

Every movement after that is based on everything from the money moving gambler's instinct, knowledge and any available info to their benefit. They are often wrong but I love the interest. And yes it is a balancing act by the sports books when one side gets too heavy.

Go Cards

Last edited:
I sincerely believe UL opened up as a very slight favorite based on Vegas professionals, but the subsequent "betting the line towards FSU" does not surprise me given the FSU national reputation.

WC made an astute observation about how UK went from a 6.5 point favorite against So Miss down to 3 points (might have been 3.5) in a matter of less than 24 hours .........somebody knew something and it was a significant amount of money to move the line that much, that quickly without any injury report.

Reactions: Louisvillian
WC made an astute observation about how UK went from a 6.5 point favorite against So Miss down to 3 points (might have been 3.5) in a matter of less than 24 hours .........somebody knew something and it was a significant amount of money to move the line that much, that quickly without any injury report.
What they knew is...its uk playing.

Everybody knows you take anybody who's getting points from the kitties!

The line should have been FSU -3 or -3.5. Its conventional wisdom. However, the fact it opened at UofL-1 tells me there is an attempt, IMO, to draw more wagering toward FSU. In essence, a public gambler's "sucker" bet. They think we're going to win....and so do I. It's at FSU-4 right now, mission accomplished.

I predict some late "smart" money drifts in on Louisville and moves the line back to FSU-3 or so. Bet the house on the money line for the Cards. We're winning this one straight up.

The line should have been FSU -3 or -3.5. Its conventional wisdom. However, the fact it opened at UofL-1 tells me there is an attempt, IMO, to draw more wagering toward FSU. In essence, a public gambler's "sucker" bet. They think we're going to win....and so do I. It's at FSU-4 right now, mission accomplished.

I predict some late "smart" money drifts in on Louisville and moves the line back to FSU-3 or so. Bet the house on the money line for the Cards. We're winning this one straight up.

What has you so sure may I ask? I'm in the could go either way based on whether we play 1st half ole miss or 2nd half.

Imo our 2nd half team could beat anyone. I'd like to know what you think.

What has you so sure may I ask? I'm in the could go either way based on whether we play 1st half ole miss or 2nd half.

Imo our 2nd half team could beat anyone. I'd like to know what you think.

You're right, you guys are very talented, and respected at the highest levels from most everyone in this fanbase. But we'll be well-prepared Saturday....I don't expect you to understand this, but we've been preparing for Saturday for 31 years. It's just time.

You're right, you guys are very talented, and respected at the highest levels from most everyone in this fanbase. But we'll be well-prepared Saturday....I don't expect you to understand this, but we've been preparing for Saturday for 31 years. It's just time.
Wow. There may be a thing as being too prepared and 31 years may be that tipping point.

I think I get it, hopefully Lamar has a normal day for our sake.

Wow. There may be a thing as being too prepared and 31 years may be that tipping point.

Chris,

I'm a fan. Keep that in perspective. The comment referred to what the environment will be like here this week, obviously not the team. I think that environment is going to help our defense, and we know they'll need that help against you guys. But you should know a couple things:

1) despite his shortcomings in the past regarding his PR faux pas and the indiscretion at Arky, Bobby Petrino is a helluva offensive coach. He's proven that everywhere he's been. Perhaps one of the best there is in the game on that side of the ball. And for the first time since his return to Louisville, he has the offensive weapons he needs to execute his approach. The three things he is "really" good at are a) preparation, b) play calling, and c) player development (attention to detail). Offensively, they will be well-prepared Saturday. He can't block or make the throws and catches for those kids, but he'll give them a script for success.

2) this program began its build 31 years ago. During those years, during the program's ascent, there's been a handful of opportunities to take the next step, and they've responded (Alabama in Fiesta in 1990's, you guys in 2002, Miami & WVU in 2006, Florida in 2012 in Sugar). We've played you & Clemson the last two years and fought hard, just didn't have the experienced horses on the offensive side to keep up. This year we do.

3) Lamar Jackson is the real deal.

4) You have a great defense. We will score on it, because we have a great offense. If Derwin doesn't play Saturday, that is a potentially significant loss going against this offense and this coach. His replacement will be tested...over and over...it's how that guy (BP) works, and he's one of the best in the game figuring out to isolate one of his studs against a defense's weak link.

5) Lamar Jackson is the real deal

6) Can this UofL defense contain Cook, and force the young Francois into some mistakes? That may be the biggest question. If they can, I like Louisville's chances of pulling the upset.

7) And did I mention...Lamar Jackson is the real deal? :cool:

lol, yall haven't played anyone yet........yall have played two teams with combine record 6-18 last year.....

I predict some late "smart" money drifts in on Louisville and moves the line back to FSU-3 or so. Bet the house on the money line for the Cards.
That's exactly what's happening at the 2 major offshore books I bet at.

It's Currently FSU -3 with most of the action showing up for Louisville recently. Hence if you like the Cards +3 you have to bet $120 to make $100. If you like FSU -3 you only have to bet $100 to make $100 at this moment at least.

If you want to bet on the Cards straight up you can bet $100 to make $130.

Reactions: tkdcoach
I've been known to wager on a few games.The fact that it opened at UofL-1 means with the home field,Vegas rates FSU slightly better,but only at a field goal or so.In terms of how the game goes,they see it going either way.

The line moving that much means really just one thing,that somebody is hammering FSU.Do they know something?I doubt it.They just love FSU here.I usually look at that opening line when trying to figure out how the experts feel.I'd have been a lot more nervous had the Noles opened -3.

Reactions: Louisvillian
I've been known to wager on a few games.The fact that it opened at UofL-1 means with the home field,Vegas rates FSU slightly better,but only at a field goal or so.In terms of how the game goes,they see it going either way.

The line moving that much means really just one thing,that somebody is hammering FSU.Do they know something?I doubt it.They just love FSU here.I usually look at that opening line when trying to figure out how the experts feel.I'd have been a lot more nervous had the Noles opened -3.
Yeah the money definitely showed for FSU after Louisville opened as a point favorite. Really not surprising considering FSU's powerhouse recent and past history and that the Cards have just now seemed to have arrived.

The money started trending back Louisville's way when the line went over a field goal.

You may be a little confused on who you are replying to.
Maybe you are the confused one. You see, if you read lots of the posts in this thread it was speculated that since "jballfsu27" had only 5 previous posts that he may be a poser UKay fan who showed up to trash Cardinal football success. Hence my Keeneland jab.

Nobody is for sure but thanks for the heads up Lt. Columbo. It's all good.

Go Cards

Reactions: WKCard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT