ADVERTISEMENT

Freshmen

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Admittedly,after the UK game,I was shouting it from the highest mountain I could find.I was convinced that this group might be one of the worst in years.

I'll gladly admit now that I was wrong.I really don't have a problem with being wrong.All they've done since that fateful UK game is prove me wrong with their enthusiastic approach to the game.

Their steady improvement over the last month is refreshing.They just keep going.Miss a shot...no big deal.Go back,defend and rebound

They look hungry for minutes and wins.Do what it takes to make the team better and win.

Slowly,but surely,they're looking like one of the better groups in years.

Reactions: shadow force
They seem more serious about basketball than many of the upperclassmen. What is the deal with Snider? He appears to have gained a lot of body fat from last year and it doesn't seem to be going away.

Reactions: jmac1029
Agreed. The freshmen look hungry to win and play some team ball most of the time.

You can see their talent in flashes, and of course they make frosh mistakes now and then, but the talent and drive appears to be there.

They seem more serious about basketball than many of the upperclassmen. What is the deal with Snider? He appears to have gained a lot of body fat from last year and it doesn't seem to be going away.
Funny about Snider. Last night I started watching him and he gave the appearance similar to some of the guys in the gym that are trying to muscle up in the upper body. Unfortunately this makes you less flexible, but I do think he’s gain some weight.

Reactions: American Male
As long as Snider continues to distribute the ball and hits the open shot when it's there, then IDC if he gains muscle as long as it is muscle. Can't have fat players though. That doesn't work.

Regarding the OP's message. That was one game away from the YUM Center, and if you look at their stats, they have better numbers playing at home like most all frosh have. My biggest disappointment is Thomas. I expected more production and playing time from him.

As long as Snider continues to distribute the ball and hits the open shot when it's there, then IDC if he gains muscle as long as it is muscle. Can't have fat players though. That doesn't work.

Regarding the OP's message. That was one game away from the YUM Center, and if you look at their stats, they have better numbers playing at home like most all frosh have. My biggest disappointment is Thomas. I expected more production and playing time from him.

The problem is he looks slower with more bulk whether its fat or muscle. If he was muscular, lean and cut that would be one thing but he looks more like Mr. Smoothie. Pitino would have him eating nothing but turkey 3 meals a day until he got back into shape.

The problem is he looks slower with more bulk whether its fat or muscle. If he was muscular, lean and cut that would be one thing but he looks more like Mr. Smoothie. Pitino would have him eating nothing but turkey 3 meals a day until he got back into shape.
Q never has had break away speed. As long as he plays to his strengths, he's pretty good. He gets in big trouble when he tries to do things he isn't capable of doing.

What I find more intriguing is the 3 frosh that play the most play better defense than King who continues to get beat off the dribble far way too often. He doesn't move his feet side to side very well. Perry is a straight up ball hawk. Nwora has improved his defense, and Williams is a completely different player today compared to last October. Again, the only frosh I've been really disappointed with regarding his development is Thomas.

Q never has had break away speed. As long as he plays to his strengths, he's pretty good. He gets in big trouble when he tries to do things he isn't capable of doing.

What I find more intriguing is the 3 frosh that play the most play better defense than King who continues to get beat off the dribble far way too often. He doesn't move his feet side to side very well. Perry is a straight up ball hawk. Nwora has improved his defense, and Williams is a completely different player today compared to last October. Again, the only frosh I've been really disappointed with regarding his development is Thomas.
I agree that Snider has never been quick but last year Pitino had him in great shape. The extra weight seems to slow him down and he cannot afford to be any slower. Also his endurance seems to be questionable now which is not surprising with the extra pounds.

Reactions: Louisville JD
I agree that Snider has never been quick but last year Pitino had him in great shape. The extra weight seems to slow him down and he cannot afford to be any slower. Also his endurance seems to be questionable now which is not surprising with the extra pounds.

Q needs to drop a few LBs real quick and get back to 50% fg shooting for Cards to get to that next level.

Cue you are so right. I'd move king to backup Adel at the 3 and get more minutes for Ryan/ Darius/ Nwora at the 2 and backup pg. the result will be better D, more energy, better fg shooting and better +/- performance. Your thoughts?

Cue you are so right. I'd move king to backup Adel at the 3 and get more minutes for Ryan/ Darius/ Nwora at the 2 and backup pg. the result will be better D, more energy, better fg shooting and better +/- performance. Your thoughts?
Something has to give. King has all the raw skills but something isn't clicking for him yet and it may never click. Some players just never seem to figure it out. He is a sophomore so he still has a chance to improve, and compared to last year, he is better. Nwora is just as good today IMO and he is a true frosh. Perry is wilder than Q, but plays better one on one defense. Ryan played well defensively in the last game, but for the most part he's been a liability on defense. If he isn't shooting well and throwing nice lobs for dunks, then his contribution is limited.

The thing i always liked about Crum’s guards is they weren’t really a true 1 and 2 and both guys could run offense or score, Gordon and Wagner. I like Snider and Perry both at the same time but I like the way Perry pushed the ball up the court. While King or Adel at the 2 brings size, they’re not good ball handlers and lack of defense by both negates any advantages. I think CDP needs to substitute more in spurts instead of leaving guys in for longer minutes.

I think Perry and Nwora definitely have shown they need more PT. I found it puzzling Nwora wouldn't play for a few games straight when he has shown to be quite capable in situations. He can shoot, drive, and rebound too.

Perry is a one man version of the pit bull on defense and has the speed and athleticism to be a good player in the future. I hope DP will work them into the rotation a bit more like he has with Williams.

The freshman came up huge today. They did everything you could want. The light starting to turn on for Perry is huge. The Cards really needed another ball handling guard to step up. This gives Q some help and rest and Perry has the athleticism to step in when Ryan is physically over-matched.

I think Perry and Nwora definitely have shown they need more PT. I found it puzzling Nwora wouldn't play for a few games straight when he has shown to be quite capable in situations. He can shoot, drive, and rebound too.

Perry is a one man version of the pit bull on defense and has the speed and athleticism to be a good player in the future. I hope DP will work them into the rotation a bit more like he has with Williams.

Darius wears #2 for a reason. Hope he gets Ridiculous in the tourneys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT