ADVERTISEMENT

Free throw shooting

On a night when Anas goes 3-4 we go 16-25 from the line. Cannot beat good teams with that percentage!
I agree. That lone stat is the main reason for the loss. Hit the usual percentage and the Cards win in regulation. Got to give Miami some credit for taking the legs away from the Cards. FT shooting is all about concentration, muscle memory and fresh legs.

On a night when Anas goes 3-4 we go 16-25 from the line. Cannot beat good teams with that percentage!

A bad FT team shoots FT's well, a good FT team shoots FT's poorly, Ryan who has been clutch isn't. On the road against a VERY athletic team (I was impressed with Miami, if they shoot a little better and clean up the game a bit they will make a run - can Jimmy coach these guys up?

A bad FT team shoots FT's well, a good FT team shoots FT's poorly, Ryan who has been clutch isn't. On the road against a VERY athletic team (I was impressed with Miami, if they shoot a little better and clean up the game a bit they will make a run - can Jimmy coach these guys up?
Actually I thought we had no answer to their little guy and thought Jimmy should have played him in the late minutes and OT but it worked for them.

Yeah, it was bad last night. The last 2 that Ray shot barely hit the front of the rim. Then on the flip side, I saw one of Miamis free throws hit the back of the rim so hard it ricocheted almost to the top of the back board and then falls in. That plus another free throw they shot hitting so hard on the back of the rim it actually rebounded out past our guys who were trying to block out. That was a key sequence. With some of the stuff Miami was throwing in, you just had a feeling that this game was destined to be their victory.

Rebounding didn’t help. You very rarely win a game when your out rebounded 47-38. The score and rebounds were even at the half 17 rebounds each.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT