ADVERTISEMENT

Franco Harris

As a Die Hard Cowboys Fan since the 70s -(And those Steeler/Cowboy classics) you had to respect him … everyone says he is just as good a man as a football player … Rest In Peace to Franco Harris … Pittsburgh Steeler and Pro Football Hall of Famer
i grew up a steelers fan originally and he was my favorite player, along with rocky, but i somehow switched to the cowboys when they were the underdog in the superbowl. but harris and bleier were the epitome of a great rb-fb backfield.

Man,those were some great Steelers teams.
Harris was a perfect fit up there with Bradshaw,The Steel Curtain,Swan and the rest. Perfect player for that organization 👏

What memories we all have of those ballgames back then.

Man,those were some great Steelers teams.
Harris was a perfect fit up there with Bradshaw,The Steel Curtain,Swan and the rest. Perfect player for that organization 👏

What memories we all have of those ballgames back then.
Dallas vs Pittsburgh has been the greatest super bowl rivalries! too bad i hate dallas now, Go Ravens!

Dallas vs Pittsburgh has been the greatest super bowl rivalries! too bad i hate dallas now, Go Ravens!
As a Packer fan growing up in the seventies,life was difficult 😅 on the outside every year having to watch everybody else with these epic battles yearly for all the marbles. I feel lucky to have been able as a football fan to have seen so many great games and rivalries. Good times.

Reactions: glassmanJ
Saw the Immaculate Reception live.

My Raiders went down!
I felt as if I had been punched in the gut! Jack Tatum had broken up the pass and suddenly here goes Franco with ball rumbling down the field like an old Buick (Jack's words) for the TD.

FWIW there is an excellent article on ESPN the way Franco and former Raider Phil Villiapiano and their families bonded over the years.

I felt as if I had been punched in the gut! Jack Tatum had broken up the pass and suddenly here goes Franco with ball rumbling down the field like an old Buick (Jack's words) for the TD.

FWIW there is an excellent article on ESPN the way Franco and former Raider Phil Villiapiano and their families bonded over the years.
I lived and died with the Raiders from 1966 to 1986.

I loved their Defense and the Lamonica/Stabler/ Blanda years.

I turned into a CFB fan when Schnellenberger was announced as the Card's coach.

Unitas and the Baltimore Colts were my team ”back in the day”; but that was before all of professional sports got into salary disputes, strikes and franchises moving from one city to another.

Only because of Lamar, I find myself back to rooting for Baltimore, but still have little interest in much NFL, and never watch NBA or MLB.

Franco Harris WAS Pittsburg …. still see him wearing that black and yellow Jersey.

Reactions: Mayoman
Sad day for a Pittsburgh Steeler fan from Birth lol. I was born blocks from Three Rivers. I was 11 years old when Franco made the Immaculate Reception and was watching the game with my dad and brother.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT