ADVERTISEMENT

For Baseball fans

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Why any pitcher would throw a fastball to Adam Duvall is a mystery. The guy can't hit a curve ball or slider. He struck out with the bases loaded today on pitches in the dirt. It's maddening.

The Atlanta Braves have got to be the most snake bitten baseball team of all time. They have not won a playoff series since 2001 and they had some chances that didn't happen mostly due to weird shit. Like losing to the Cardinals in 2012 on a umpire calling the infield fly rule on a ball caught midway in the outfield.

Here's a organization that won 13 straight division titles and during that stretch they won only one world series. This despite having four future hall of famers on the roster in Greg Maddux, John Smoltz, Tom Glavine and Chipper Jones. The Yankees were their biggest nemesis losing two world series matchups and of course the absolute Twilight zone series against the Twins where a Braves base runner was pushed off the bag by the first basemen and called out. The Braves lost that series in 7 games losing game seven 1 to 0 in 10 innings. About as close as you can get to winning the world series.

Now they have this team full of young studs and they had the Cardinals beat again in the 8th inning today but the Baseball Gods still hate the Atlanta Braves. St. Louis scores the tying run on two bloop hits. They end up winning in 10 innings on a sacrifice fly. Now there will be a deciding game 5 and I'm willing to bet that the Braves will lose on some terrible call by the umps or a fortunate break by the Cardinals.

Doesn't matter though. I don't see anyone beating the Astros but for once I would like to see the Braves win a series and not it be some wacky situation that makes them lose instead.

Just venting fellas. Hopefully there are some baseball fans on the Collision Course?

Reactions: Rollem Cards
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News