ADVERTISEMENT

Football Field Question

MDCardsFan

500+
Sep 21, 2015
I don't know about of you all, but I really like Boise State colored field, how would you all feel if we ever did the same? (like red I mean)

I think Boise's field works because it is blue so the background works on TV. I think a red field would be really hard to watch on TV or even at the game. I watched an Oregon basketball game at Oregon last year and their court was a distraction to the game. I settle for green field and let the uniforms be flashy.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
I don't like it. Mostly because its only small programs that do it. I believe there are only 3-4 D1 teams that have it. So it just seems like something Louisville should be "above."

Nicknamed "The Blue" and "Smurf Turf". The first college stadium field to be any color other than traditional green, as well as the only college to have a non-green field for 22 years (1986–2008). In 2011, the Mountain West Conference banned Boise from wearing their all-blue uniforms during home conference games, after complaints from other Mountain West coaches that it was an unfair advantage.[3]The uniform restrictions were removed from 2013 forward as part of the deal that kept Boise State in that conference after it had initially planned to leave.[4] Boise State holds a trademark on any non-green field, not just blue;[5] the enforceability of such a vague trademark has been questioned.[6] It has licensed the right to use blue fields to several high schools as well as the University of New Haven,[7] and also issues free licenses to any school or team that uses a color other than blue or orange, Boise State's school colors.[5]

Good grief no. I can’t even watch a game on it. Some school actually has a red field, can’t watch it either. No way!

Reactions: yumcard
Nicknamed "The Blue" and "Smurf Turf". The first college stadium field to be any color other than traditional green, as well as the only college to have a non-green field for 22 years (1986–2008). In 2011, the Mountain West Conference banned Boise from wearing their all-blue uniforms during home conference games, after complaints from other Mountain West coaches that it was an unfair advantage.[3]The uniform restrictions were removed from 2013 forward as part of the deal that kept Boise State in that conference after it had initially planned to leave.[4] Boise State holds a trademark on any non-green field, not just blue;[5] the enforceability of such a vague trademark has been questioned.[6] It has licensed the right to use blue fields to several high schools as well as the University of New Haven,[7] and also issues free licenses to any school or team that uses a color other than blue or orange, Boise State's school colors.[5]

How in the bloody hell can you hold a license over non blue fields ?!

Hell , even if its blue, its not your field. Youre not telling me what color it can or cant be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT