ADVERTISEMENT

Focus on football

CardsFirst

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2007
I for one will be putting most of my energy into our FB program. I’ve always been a bigger fan of FB although I love BB too.

Wouldn’t it be great if we could hang a FB NC banner. Now I would trade our third BB banner for that!

Welcome to the enlightened side of U ofL athletics. In all seriousness, college basketball is a train wreck, niche sport that hasn't been enjoyable in years.

Reactions: wilkie01
Welcome to the enlightened side of U ofL athletics. In all seriousness, college basketball is a train wreck, niche sport that hasn't been enjoyable in years.

College basketball is a niche sport?

BB never need help.

It's been huge since I was a kid, but FB? That's a different story.

By the time U of L decided to go big or go home (CHS) I decided to "help" it. I'm not an Alum so I chose U of L. My nephew was playing there for Weber so we had tickets. But when CHS came we continued. And for this we were given a shot at four BB seats which we jumped on. (but gave up ten years ago for several reasons) When PJCS planning started, we contributed to that.

So yeah, I'm a "bigger" FB fan too just because of feeling more a part of it I guess. I probably will continue to be for that reason.

What this current (or future) leadership does, or doesn't, will determine what I do. I will not throw money in a hole.

The ball is in their court. Pun intended.

Reactions: wilkie01
I have been a Louisville Football fan since 1971. I have had 5 to 7 season tickets since 1976. I have never own a basketball season ticket and never will.

What's the point? We all know that when they are done with basketball they will find a way to fire Bobby Petrino (or make it to where he wants to leave) and dismantle the football program.

Nah, Tyra likes Petrino. Bobby has too many hard nosed assistants to let things get out of control with recruiting violations, I mean C'mon, a Coach can't keep tabs on everything for 3-4 weekend recruiting visits. Give me a break Pitino. Have had season FB tickets sinc

Reactions: CTownCard
I’m a bigger football fan as well. Can’t wait for next season. Got hotels already booked for Orlando and Clemson.

Been a FB season ticket holder for many many years. Nothing new just focusing on FB until the storm passes.

College basketball is a niche sport?

Decidedly so. Outside of 4-5 states, no one cares or pays any attention. Wednesday night MAC games in football draw more viewers than the biggest college basketball games of the year.

There is little doubt that FB is king of the mountain. BB has pockets of interest the Louisville, UK, and the IU triangle one pocket. The other Tobacco Road. Then isolated areas. FB is everywhere.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
I'm a FB season ticket holder as well and for me, I don't officially start counting down and get more excited for the upcoming season till the NCAA tourney is over, which how our season is going, we may not make the NCAA tourney, might start the countdown sooner.

There is little doubt that FB is king of the mountain. BB has pockets of interest the Louisville, UK, and the IU triangle one pocket. The other Tobacco Road. Then isolated areas. FB is everywhere.

Agree about football. But for college bball to be called a "niche" sport is comical.

Decidedly so. Outside of 4-5 states, no one cares or pays any attention. Wednesday night MAC games in football draw more viewers than the biggest college basketball games of the year.
TRUTH!

I always tell UK fans this. They can have basketball....nobody gives a f about it and its dying right before our eyes anyhow.

Football carries weight nationally and gives your state clout. UK will always be the butt of jokes in football and I love that.

Reactions: STLNBSE
Competitive knitting- that's a niche. College basketball- popular main stream sports entertainment. Here are the top 50 most watched sporting events of 2017. A whole bunch of NFL, then CBB appears a lot more than CFB.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/201...g-events-nfl-nba-cfb-playoff-ncaa-tournament/
Those stats are very selective and misleading. In regards to CBB, it only counts one or two games, those being the final four and championship. Football, however on any given Saturday, people are glued to their TVs watching it.

Reactions: STLNBSE
I'm not a psychologist, but there seems to be some strong denial going on ITT. It's a coping mechanism, so I won't judge. To each their own.

Reactions: thornie1
I want us to become a football school. It seems many in the fan base have given up on Basketball judging by how empty the stadium has been other than the UNC game. I also am a football fan first and hope to get season tickets for next year.

I want us to become a football school. It seems many in the fan base have given up on Basketball judging by how empty the stadium has been other than the UNC game. I also am a football fan first and hope to get season tickets for next year.

Like you I’m a FB first, but I do believe BB will recover if it’s allowed too. But now there is indications that Smrt and the administration is going after FB and baseball could be next

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
Like you I’m a FB first, but I do believe BB will recover if it’s allowed too. But now there is indications that Smrt and the administration is going after FB and baseball could be next
Surely baseball is such a low dollar sport that there is no chance of corruption on this level. Football however, I just pray they don’t touch.

Surely baseball is such a low dollar sport that there is no chance of corruption on this level. Football however, I just pray they don’t touch.

From what I understand it’s more about undoing what Jurich built. If you believe that thought process. We will see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT