ADVERTISEMENT

Florida State catches a huge break

Turns out this was a big fat nothing burger- AKA FAKE NEWS.

The information gathered did not include academic scholarships, which are allowed to count toward the overall scholarship total. That means Delaware State did indeed satisfy the 90% scholarships awarded criteria in order to be counted as a FBS win for FSU.

The fake news bonanza needs to stop. The media has lost all credibility with the lack of vetting before reporting.

The fake news bonanza needs to stop. The media has lost all credibility with the lack of vetting before reporting.
Agree. The NY Post, which is the Right Wing newspaper of the 2 New York City tabloids, has an awful reputation of printing false and inflated stories.

They try to compete against the more established and Left Wing ‘NY Daily News’ at all costs. I liked reading both of them when I lived there for a short time because they are entertaining but the Post is just a notch above the ‘National Enquirer ‘.

Agree. The NY Post, which is the Right Wing newspaper of the 2 New York City tabloids, has an awful reputation of printing false and inflated stories.

They try to compete against the more established and Left Wing ‘NY Daily News’ at all costs. I liked reading both of them when I lived there for a short time because they are entertaining but the Post is just a notch above the ‘National Enquirer ‘.
I wasn't speaking about left or right leaning media outlets, but since you went there, most news media outlets today are left leaning so take that for what it's worth. The left tries to protect who they feel aligns with their viewpoints, and attacks those who do not. Same with right wing news outlets, and the only real difference is there are way more left leaning outlets than right leaning.

Reactions: CardsFirst
I wasn't speaking about left or right leaning media outlets, but since you went there, most news media outlets today are left leaning so take that for what it's worth. The left tries to protect who they feel aligns with their viewpoints, and attacks those who do not. Same with right wing news outlets, and the only real difference is there are way more left leaning outlets than right leaning.
Not trying to be political. I’m as center as they get. No nut job radical BS for me thanks.

I was Just pointing out facts about the NY Post, which was where the OP news story came from. They have always been a joke. Daily News is a left wing newspaper and the Post which is owned by Rupert Murdoch is a right wing newspaper.

Fox News is right wing and MSNBC is left wing. Both are garbage to me.

Reactions: Cue Card

Not quite.

Right wing totally dominates radio news and opinions.
Left wing dominates news print and opinions.
TV is equal.

Both are lazy because they want to be the first to break a story, regardless of securing sources.
Instead of being infirmative, the media is fame and money driven.

Both are going to take polar opposites despite the fact were all Americans.
Its the American way. Just filter through.

Not trying to be political. I’m as center as they get. No nut job radical BS for me thanks.

I was Just pointing out facts about the NY Post, which was where the OP news story came from. They have always been a joke. Daily News is a left wing newspaper and the Post which is owned by Rupert Murdoch is a right wing newspaper.

That we agree on 100%.

Reactions: Louisvillian

That we agree on 100%.

True but NBC, CBS, and ABC are all left, which is where most people get their news. I prefer to form my own opinions. Just give me the facts and I’ll decide how I feel or believe.

Not quite.

Right wing totally dominates radio news and opinions.
Left wing dominates news print and opinions.
TV is equal.

Both are lazy because they want to be the first to break a story, regardless of securing sources.
Instead of being infirmative, the media is fame and money driven.

Both are going to take polar opposites despite the fact were all Americans.
Its the American way. Just filter through.
TV is not at all equal.

Reactions: CardsFirst
True but NBC, CBS, and ABC are all left, which is where most people get their news. I prefer to form my own opinions. Just give me the facts and I’ll decide how I feel or believe.

ABC and CBS do 30 minute news.
CNN does news and opinions.
MSNBC and Fox does opinions.

Reactions: fredburgcard
I see a new, all inclusive, non political, political party starting here. How refreshing. :D

Wont work.

Snippet of a conversation I had with a Republican co-worker. Im a Democrat.

"Its not the party per se' , rather the philosophy. If your conservative, 99% chance you're a Republican. If your Liberal, 99% chance you are a Democrat.

Im more Libertarian. There is way to much Government involvement in our lives.
I also hold liberal, moderate and conservative views.

So starting a third party wont solve much if you keep views that define you as a D or a R.

Best we can do is gut the pork from Congressional members, rather ALL elected officials;
Term limits, 5 figure pay, Members pay for their own healthcare. Etc......

Last edited:
Reactions: gocds and SoulSr

ABC and CBS do 30 minute news.
CNN does news and opinions.
MSNBC and Fox does opinions.

Very good. But News can be slanted or covered in a way so that they get their opinion in. Plus all the morning shows are news and opinion based. Local news is pretty much just news. The National far from it.

I stand corrected here.

The NY Post has posted an updated article stating that they are eligible.

I should have known that if, as they wrote, BuzzFeed first reported it, then I should not have believed it.

I should also have doubted it when I saw that Brett McMurphy also confirmed it. I forgot that he is just an attention seeking tool.

Just curious - why do you believe this about those three networks?

What they all do now is report someone else reporting "news". It's lazy and reckless while avoiding liability. "Someone else says this" has replaced what used to be legit news...

The information gathered did not include academic scholarships, which are allowed to count toward the overall scholarship total. That means Delaware State did indeed satisfy the 90% scholarships awarded criteria in order to be counted as a FBS win for FSU.

And this is a good thing. FSU needs a little bit of a break since they lost their coach.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Fox News covers the news just like CNN. To suggest any other network or television media other than Fox News even remotely slants right is ludicrous. Fox was born from the lack of a conservative viewpoint on all networks and cable news. This really isn’t a debate anymore. Polling within these news organizations and data from fact checking companies shows that only Fox News have a 50/50 split in +/- stories about Trump and conservative ideals.

PBS is the best news and programming worth watching if you want to be given the facts. Also, the entertainment is good such as the many series by Ken Burns and others.

Go CARDS.

Peace to all.

PBS is the best news and programming worth watching if you want to be given the facts. Also, the entertainment is good such as the many series by Ken Burns and others.

Go CARDS.

Peace to all.
Agreed: Peace to all on Christmas.

Never in my life did I think I would start a discussion here about the slant of news media. I really stuck my foot in that one.

That’s right and uahkay was life and death to beat that same USM team.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT